VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's, it's very bizarre, certainly something I've never seen in my 33 year in this business. he came in to the station and he had 2 family members with him. he asked for a lawyer. we obtained a lawyer from him. the lawyer came. the 2 of them spoke briefly and jesse left. to be clear, this high speed exit they he took was somewhat after he left the station, he went to a location in alberque county which is our neighbouring jurisdiction where he was surveillance at the time, not covertly, but overtly, he got in too a car and sped off..."

longo http://www.today.com/video/today/56094717#56094717

I think they meant Albemarle county

Oh yeah I forgot you have to have evidence to get a warrant. Would they need more evidence than they had in the first warrant to get the second one?
I thought you need probable cause to get a search warrant, not evidence.

This has likely been pointed out already, but sleuthing minors is against TOS.
Interesting pics of JM, though, clearly much younger...

I'm so curious about what LE could have taken from JM's apartment today. It would seem that if he had anything to connect himself to HG, he would have removed that days ago.

I am still catching up.... so others may have answered. IMO it could have been an item he owned that he was wearing or using that night. They have pleaded for witnesses to come forward. Maybe someone in the bar noticed some item and obtaining and keeping it as evidence will preserve that person's (potential) testimony if he is arrested. Maybe a piece of jewelry he was wearing, maybe a watch or one of those arm band things....Just one idea. I assume they already had his electronic devices, cell phone, etc. from the previous search.

Behind, so someone else may have responded, but she certainly did not "step off the face of the earth". At best, it is hyperbole. Why use this type of inflammatory rhetoric? Why not simply say "disappeared" or "went missing"? Not sure if it is technically defamation, but it's darn close. Moo

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Its not close at all, respectfully. He is allowed to express an opinion. If he said, "Mr. Matthew killed Hannah.", and that was false, that's defamation.

This isn't of much interest, but I don't think it's been mentioned before. Got it from a most recent CNN.com article. So JM has only been working at the hospital for a little over a month. No wonder he can't afford an attorney, pay hist rent or own a newer car. He's realy in deep straights right now. Attorney advice or not, I think he should tell what he knows. If he is guilty of something, they will get him eventually. If he's not guilty, then only he can try and convince LE of it. It doesn't appear they are going to be looking for any other POI but him.

"The University of Virginia Medical Center confirmed to WVIR that Matthew has worked there since August 12."

I think they reported incorrectly and they meant Aug 2012, which is what we've seen in other reports.

I don't think that's possible at this point. They haven't spoken with their official POI, they don't have forensics evidence back yet, and they don't have a body. They would gain nothing by clearing him, IMO.

I do wish LE would address the clearing of WG, just to show they did more than say "okay, thanks, good night". Jmo

I think it's taboo here to sleuth children of POI. Seriously, kids need protecting.

This second search warrant on his apartment makes me think that maybe the forensic results came back and they didn't get anything so they went back to look for more evidence.

I think if the initial forensics came back empty that LE would have a very hard, next to impossible, time getting a second warrant. More likely if the forensics did come back I'd say it's more likely that it did show something and they decided to follow up on that.

'
IMO, the Crime Scene is not going to be a small Apartment with roomies.

This would've happened at off-site location.

'

I think it's taboo here to sleuth children of POI. Seriously, kids need protecting.

Wasn't sleuthing child--didn't know about that rule. Could you please delete link from yr post? If it's wrong to post it, why repost it?

Yeah the fact that he circled around to follow HG, approached her and took her to Tempo and is the last person she was seen with does not look good for this guy. And if he did not know her before this and was just a stranger that makes him look a little worse.

I didnt notice the circling around until today. And WG.....it could be the video timing but it seemed like he was far away from HG to notice something was wrong with her.

I am still catching up.... so others may have answered. IMO it could have been an item he owned that he was wearing or using that night. They have pleaded for witnesses to come forward. Maybe someone in the bar noticed some item and obtaining and keeping it as evidence will preserve that person's (potential) testimony if he is arrested. Maybe a piece of jewelry he was wearing, maybe a watch or one of those arm band things....Just one idea. I assume they already had his electronic devices, cell phone, etc. from the previous search.

Was she wearing any jewelry?

I'm watching ABC World News & their lead-in to Hannah they said "POLICE HAVE A NEW PERSON OF INTEREST" and I just about choked on my dinner! I didn't realize that JM's identity came out over the weekend, so it is "new" to the show :doh:

(PS I miss Diane Sawyer)

Of course. But so many on here are saying that he is wise to not speak to police *until he has an attorney.* He asked for one, he received one. Now, by that logic, he should sit down and talk to the police. If nothing useful emerges, at least he did it. By not even doing that, he looks even more guilty (which I think he is).

your logic only makes sense if you are assuming that the lawyer told him he should talk to police which there is a zero percent chance of having happened ~or~ if you think he ask for a lawyer only to not do what he suggested.

I think misunderstanding is that its not wise to talk with the police without a lawyer is not what people are saying what we are saying is when you know you are suspected (to the point that they are searching your stuff) its not wise to speak to the police at all period the end. It's just usually when you ask for a lawyer is when you are advised of this.

Behind, so someone else may have responded, but she certainly did not "step off the face of the earth". At best, it is hyperbole. Why use this type of inflammatory rhetoric? Why not simply say "disappeared" or "went missing"? Not sure if it is technically defamation, but it's darn close. Moo

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Defamation is a false statement published by another about somebody which harms their reputation or reflects unfavorably on their character. The phrase "stepping off the face of the earth" is a dramatic way of describing the fact that nobody has seen or heard from Hannah for over a week, despite massive searches and outreach to find her. It's actually quite a good description of her status, IMO. It has nothing to do with the POI or any suspect eventually identified. JMO

Wasn't sleuthing child--didn't know about that rule. Could you please delete link from yr post? If it's wrong to post it, why repost it?

Right. Read the rules. Kids are off limits. And will do. And I didn't realize that part of your post showed up in my post. I had tried to snip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome