VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that people want to lighten the mood, but is it really appropriate to be making these jokes on a public internet thread about a girl that was quite possibly raped and murdered?

I know if Hannah was my daughter or friend I would not appreciate it.

Yep, it would be good to know what WG saw and heard as HG and JM approached each other. It would provide important perspective.

I wonder why media never asks the interesting questions at a press conference.

Reporters have asked this at the last two PC's. Police I believe have said no not to our knowledge or no we have no reason to believe there was a pre existing relationship between them. One thing that's makes me doubt they knew each other is when he is cutting across the middle to follow her she is right there and you would think they would notice each other right there.

To take my WAG regarding no DNA matches yet one step further, what if JM knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the forensics will come back negative and that is what he is waiting for before talking to LE?

A poster earlier in the thread said not one of Websleuth cases turned out to be organized crime but crimes of individuals. Therefore Hannah is somewhere local not really very far away from where she was last seen.

I'm still not counting out that she might have been sold into sex trafficking BUT with as much press as there has been now I'm not sure.

Transportation center?

If she wanted to get from McGrady's back to the Corner, she'd walk there. (Maybe she wanted to go downtown to go downtown...but it wasn't to find a bus - this mainly doesn't make sense because UVA students don't know anything about Town of Charlottesville busses, and it doesn't compute given the distances).

Okay, I'll unload all m'thoughts real quick because I'm having a hard time keeping up! I'd like to start by saying that I am a huge advocates of rights for the accused and based on prior personal experience, I am very wary of police. I don't think you can judge or make assumptions about someone if you don't know their journey or if you've never been in their situation. On top of that, individuals are indeed individuals and they all handle things differently.

There's been so much talk of whether or not JM should speak with police, why or why not, and if so, under what conditions. I mean, I wish he would come forward. I think he should. But I can completely understand why he hasn't. I don't want him to be guilty of anything other than buying a girl a drink. I want him to come forward and clear his name because if he didn't do it but chooses to stays silent for the rest of his life, this is going to haunt him forever and I hate to think of an innocent person going through that. It might just be me, but this dude seems like a nice guy. Just going off my personal vibes. He seems like someone that wouldn't have anything to do with this and I want to believe that. I want him to come forward and say where she went and have a hard rock alibi. I truly believe that if he really knew NOTHING, he would have said something by now, I really do, just because of how friends and family have described him. It's a conflicting picture.

And I don't think police were out of line for confirming his identity or stating they want to speak with him. I know some of y'all don't agree, but I think they've handled the whole situation with him well and trust that they're doing best with what they have and know, including all of the things we don't. JM has a responsibility for himself, so I understand that he is doing what he is doing for himself. And police have a responsibility to the victim and I can understand that they are doing what they are doing for HG. I have a hard time because my whole life I've been guilty of feeling empathy for pretty much everyone, even when I don't want to. Anyone else this way?

Did you watch the full security video for McGradys? It seems like she had 3 guys staring at her direction. One guy pointes twice, and another ones lifts his *advertiser censored* off the seat and leans forward and crooks his head. All three seemed yto be very interested in that area when she walked over to the left. Watch it again.

Yep, but I did not notice that.

Hi. I am new. I can reply to your thread and you said. Why was Hannah Graham walking in that direction? This is my personal take on all of this. I have been looking very closely at this case and I couldn't follow it or was drawing a blank. I live in a college ( but it's been awhile since I attended college) but don't live in Virginia, so I am not familiar with the college there.

I had to go back to step one on the video to get some kind of understanding. When Hannah first walks out of her room she sees two people at the end of the hallway. She immediately leans forward with a startled look and then turns around in a "huff" and starts running out of there, like she is jogging I don't think she was lost.. I don't think she wanted to go back to her room. I do think it has something to do with a male but I am under the impression she was not interested in anyone, by her actions. I think she was walking around, buying time ( if that makes any sense)

To take my WAG regarding no DNA matches yet one step further, what if JM knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the forensics will come back negative and that is what he is waiting for before talking to LE?

If she wasn't in his car, he has nothing to worry about.

"At least three other young women have disappeared in the area in the last five years, though police have said they do not think Hannah's disappearance is linked to that of any of the other missing women."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29315011

Good possibility that JM tried to seduce HG and she wasn't going for it and in a fit of passion he raped then killed or killed then raped her.

I agree. I think if he is guilty, it was a basic pick-up turned into a sex crime. No associates, etc. just JM. And he won't be talking, so LE needs to operate as with any uncooperative suspect. It is a joke to me that they say they just want to "talk" to him and means nothing that they do not call him a "suspect". Jmo

Didn't WG say he backed off because she looked like she was in safe hands or with a friend?

Would love to know more about that.

Yeah something like that. But HG may have not been alright and may have just plastered on a fake smile. I think JM kind of forced himself on her a tad and she didn't react negatively but may have felt uncomfortable deep down and just acted friendly.

Okay, I'll unload all m'thoughts real quick because I'm having a hard time keeping up! I'd like to start by saying that I am a huge advocates of rights for the accused and based on prior personal experience, I am very wary of police. I don't think you can judge or make assumptions about someone if you don't know their journey or if you've never been in their situation. On top of that, individuals are indeed individuals and they all handle things differently.

There's been so much talk of whether or not JM should speak with police, why or why not, and if so, under what conditions. I mean, I wish he would come forward. I think he should. But I can completely understand why he hasn't. I don't want him to be guilty of anything other than buying a girl a drink. I want him to come forward and clear his name because if he didn't do it but chooses to stays silent for the rest of his life, this is going to haunt him forever and I hate to think of an innocent person going through that. It might just be me, but this dude seems like a nice guy. Just going off my personal vibes. He seems like someone that wouldn't have anything to do with this and I want to believe that. I want him to come forward and say where she went and have a hard rock alibi. I truly believe that if he really knew NOTHING, he would have said something by now, I really do, just because of how friends and family have described him. It's a conflicting picture.

And I don't think police were out of line for confirming his identity or stating they want to speak with him. I know some of y'all don't agree, but I think they've handled the whole situation with him well and trust that they're doing best with what they have and know, including all of the things we don't. JM has a responsibility for himself, so I understand that he is doing what he is doing for himself. And police have a responsibility to the victim and I can understand that they are doing what they are doing for HG. I have a hard time because my whole life I've been guilty of feeling empathy for pretty much everyone, even when I don't want to. Anyone else this way?

Yeah, I feel sorry for HG, I feel sorry for JM, I feel sorry both families. I even worry about Popcorn.

I lean towards this scenario just based on two facts:

1. WG said it seemed like they knew each other. Maybe he overhead one of them call to another, maybe JM snuck up on her and jokingly surprised her. Could they have been laughing like friends or acquaintances ? We really just don't know.

2. LE stated she was "walking with a purpose". Looking for someone? On a mission?? I still have no idea what that means. However, that is the only comment LE would make about her appearance.

:thinking:

Or she knew him from before, recognized him and called his name so he turned around and said "oh hey Hannah" and put his arm around her waist. Also plausible. Too bad surveillance video doesn't have sound.

thanks for the kind words. Will consider, but i am not sure how much expertise i can provide as again i do not do any criminal work at all.

science!!!!! Jmo

Yeah something like that. But HG may have not been alright and may have just plastered on a fake smile. I think JM kind of forced himself on her a tad and she didn't react negatively but may have felt uncomfortable deep down and just acted friendly.

Possible...if it were me, I wouldn't be getting drinks in that situation though lol.

Holes:

1. The video of her running is from AFTER the pub. She did not appear to be in a rush at McGrady's.
2. JM turned around and followed HG in the footage from Sal's. If she had called to him, it seems she would have then waited for him.

I think Longo saw what many of us saw in the video--JM did an about face and followed her. And, he was the last known person with her.

This is my new theory. Hannah left first party to go meet someone downtown at the first bar she stopped at (Mc Grady's? Not positive of the name). She was in a rush because she tried to catch a bus to get there. Missed it so she decided to walk but maybe got a bit lost because it was at night and maybe she was a bit drunk. By the time she got down there whomever she planned to meet was already in the bar and she couldn't get in (probably got carded by the bouncer). So she walked through the area towards the transportation center to go back to campus and saw JM whom she knew. She called to him to say hi and then they walked in that direction together. Then she realized she had to go to the bathroom so they went into Tempo to do that and bought something to be a customer. They left and she walked on to the transportation center and he got in his car and went home. He can't prove that because it was late at night and likely stopped no where else and has no alibi. Something happened to her either before getting on a bus or after getting off near her apartment.

I don't know why exactly but I just feel he was in the wrong place, wrong time. I think Longo saw the resemblance between him and the MH suspect sketch that many of you see and went crazy gung-ho thinking it was going to be HUGE and ran with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari