VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew has lived in Charlottesville his whole life, where he works in the operating room of the UVA Hospital, sources told MailOnline. He is a nursing assistant who transports patients to the operating room.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html

Im not sure the assertion he's lived in Charlottesville his whole life is correct.

According to third hand information (yes I know its suspect) JLM was a student at Christopher Newport University in Newport News and would have to have spent at least a few months there. Its too far to commute from Charlottesville.

I apologize if this is a duplicate (Parker Slaybaugh's Facebook) - bolded by me

"Police also tell me they went back to Jesse Matthew's apartment today looking for very specific things, they say they found what they were looking for. Police will not say what those items were."

Very nice information!

Maybe she indeed to send two message back to back but that is when she lost the chance. She may have been about to text a following message saying "I am calling it a night, since I am back at my apartment."
Her address has been held back, but she did have roommate, three I believe? She apparently lives near the intersection she texted as to being lost in, someplace near "fraternity row" but was not near there, when she seemed to think she was. So much is unclear, especially with regards to the texts. Jmo

Maybe she was indeed right there where her last message was sent.
Maybe she indeed to send two message back to back but that is when she lost the chance. She may have been about to text a following message saying "I am calling it a night, since I am back at my apartment."

if she wanted to get home she would just used her google maps apps on her cell phone.
That is why I posted, is because I don't think she wanted to go home. She was taking a very long way to get back home, rather.. She went in a circle and was right by her place the whole time.

Somewhat of a sidenote.

College kids really need to start being smarter and more cautious. I am a Penn State alum and certainly lived my college life as most do. But, they really need to understand while it may seem college is in its own bubble and world, these schools are still in a town that has its world going on with people unaffiliated to the college. Penn State and i'm sure UVA is not a whole lot different, was a huge campus but the off campus parties sprawled across a great area. I think its great that most of these schools the students dont need to drive to get to their parties - DUI is bad enough. But, kids just explore and stumble about wherever they want going to party after party. They really need a wake up call and start being more careful about their decisions. Walking alone is bad enough. Walking alone while intoxicated is worse. These students are not invincible and obviously we are seeing this more often than we should. Ok end soap box.

WE ARE!! :seeya:

I agree with what you posted 10,000%. I'm horrified at myself, looking back on how many times I walked through campus or downtown drunk in the middle of the night.

Another local here (Richmond). I have a friend who works in the department of forensics for the state. Here's the thing: it doesn't take as long as ppl think to get DNA back. I assume they have it.

Why do you think such a delay? What is your opinion?

Sorry to disagree, but it's a straight shot, 0.5 mile downhill from the Shell station/Bodo's to the downtown mall. Easily done in less than 20 minutes.
That is correct and that time of night, easier to cross intersection at McIntire without waiti g for a long light cycle. And for those that mentioned McDonalds being open, I think that one closes before midnight. Nothing is open that late on that stretch.

He was provided a list of attorneys by the CPD. No police department provides attorneys,especially to people they want to question,,,conflict of interest

He was provided a list, chose one, the attorney showed up, he spoke to the attorney.

Where was he not provided an attorney? I think the problem here is a failure of communication. I do not mean he was given an attorney, I mean he was given access to an attorney.

I think if Hannah's blood was found in JM's car or apartment, he would be under arrest for suspicion of causing her harm, or murder. In a case without a body, often blood/signs of a crime scene is the best they can do. Especially if he denies having her in his car or home, or denies any sexual contact which could result in blood. This is why they want a statement, Imo.

But if he never took her to his home (which I doubt he would, not living alone) and nothing more than a hair or two show up in his car, if that, where does LE go from there? Even if he lies about having her in his car, that is at best obstruction, Imo. I think they need either his car or home to clearly reflect a crime
Scene, or to find Hannah very quickly and hope evidence is with her, for this case to go anywhere.

As Eileen H. posted earlier...many of the "major" cases in recent times remain unsolved or had acquittals, from OJ and Casey Anthony, to Jon Benet, Natalee Holloway, Madeline M. Etc

Jmo

I say no way. No way are they arresting him without a body unless they have more than blood. Especially so soon after she's gone missing.

The evidence in no body cases has to be super compelling. It usually involves lots of physical evidence, signs of a fierce struggle, witness information about a struggle, the passage of significant time without evidence the missing person is alive and often confessions of some sort.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1&singlePage=true

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/n...nd-but-a-man-is-charged-with-murder.html?_r=0

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/195787951.html

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/gina-hall-murder-case-sets-precedent-in-virginia/25704126

Only problem with this route is that in the video from McGrady's she enters the scene from the EAST (right) not the WEST (left)... She may have doubled back and they clipped her first pass by and only showed her coming back... But based on what they released, that route doesn't match with the video from McGrady's....

Perhaps she walked up 2nd, was going around the back of the building, realized that there was a pub with an outdoor patio, and thought maybe she could ask for help, and then decided to continue trying to figure out what to do on her own. In any case, she then proceeded East on Preston, in front of the Shell station.

What statements of WG were false?

If you mean his description of the man who put his arm around Hannah, I think inaccurate is the appropriate word. False means deliberately untrue. Eyewitness descriptions are extremely unreliable, so that is not unusual or surprising.

Perhaps you think this man intended his description to mislead LE and therefore have characterized it as false. Why would this eyewitness do that? Do you think he is involved in Hannah's disappearance?

Nice article about witnesses and false memories below.

http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fisher&tversky.htm

I was actually looking for one of those FBI tests that have you look at a scene for only a minute or so then try to recollect as much as possible. Results of these kinds of tests are often surprising with wildly different accounts between witnesses.

Thank you. NO WAY those time stamps are correct unless she is Usain Bolt. No way, especially if you don't know where you are allegedly. The time stamps have to be incorrect.

I was under the impression that 11:50 was the time frame she LEFT the party, with 12:46 being when she shows up on McGrady's surveillance. Meaning she wandered around for almost an hour before she popped up.
She is also filmed walking EAST, which is TOWARDS the vicinity of the university and/party that she left. Then she loops around the patio, and begins her decent WEST, the WRONG way. She stops for a moment at an offshoot of Grady, a small street which is also confusingly called Grady, looks like she glances at her phone maybe the Grady sign, then she continues on. It is possible she sees the sign for that Grady, and it throws off her inner compass. Just guessing. Once she heads west, all the time stamps seem somewhat reasonable give or take a few minutes. One of the biggest questions has been, where did she go between the party and MCGradys Irish Pub. She is filmed walking EAST, then she goes WEST.

SHE does turn around in the hallway in a huff. The black box is still on the right. Look at segment 3:30 and 3:34.. She turned around in the hallway after seeing those people. She started jogging then. She leans forward there when she shes them ( stunned or something)and does an about face and starts walking at a fast walk with her arms above her waist.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/09/18/hannah-graham-missing-student-uva-virginia?clusterId=60#videoplayer

Went back and looked again and I just don't see what you see. I see her walking into the building, then walking out of the building. She always seems to move with purpose and I don't see any signs of an about face or a huff. I see more of a little smile on her face in the picture of her facing the camera.

In an MP case, getting DNA back fast when you have a suspect is imperative. She could still be alive, feasibly, and they would want to at least try to work with him on telling where she is. Very hard to believe they can't complete a profile from a Friday to a Monday, if in fact they have his DNA.

(Also my husband goes to get a new DL every so often, as he loses them.)

Ok, here goes. I think HG knew LM. I am not here saying he is guilty or innocent. I just want to paint a picture of what I think I see. I see a girl walking around for seemingly hours, all alone, but looking motivated that entire time. She is in a outfit that I would have thought about wearing at that age if I was trying to impress not "guys in general" but "a particular" guy. I think she felt pretty that night, and she intentionally ditched her friends in the hopes of bumping in to a man she has seen before at that area, LM. He may have said to her the previous week, "Hey, maybe I will see you out here next Friday night." or something similar. She may have been hoping to "see if he is out" without it being a date. She was probably hoping to spot him earlier in the night. But, he didn't show up on the scene until later on that night. Maybe he is not that interested in her, but she is interested in him, kind of thing. I am trying to explain to myself why all of her evening seems like she is on a mission. I think when they hugged or were walking together, she knew him and had actually been looking for him all evening. I doubt her friends may have even known about him. Could have been a secret crush kind of thing...like the secret crush you have on your professor and sometimes you see him out at the bar...oh, that was just me??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome