VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason JM ran is because he has something to hide. I also think DNA could prove he has something to do with two other cases. A sexual assault and Morgan Harrington's cases were linked by DNA. Now with only traffic violations, JM's DNA would not be on file. I am thinking they did get DNA after searching his apartment. The FBI is involved so their forensic labs are open to analyzing evidence. JM asked for a lawyer, which is routine, however. taking off like that doesn't exactly seem to be the work of an innocent person. He could be very scared, but, it could be that his fear is warranted by what he actually did, rather than what he did not do. They want him to think he is only wanted for traffic violations, hence the poster.

Thoughts.......

Perhaps his driver's license was among the things that LE collected during the search, so he went to the DMV to get a replacement.

Perhaps the wanted poster (with the SSN posted) was an "intentional" accident??? Due to this "accident," LE (now) has a reason to flag his SSN (they want to be on the safe side, ya know to protect him from any identity theft *cough* *cough*) By flagging his SSN, he's unable to obtain funds from say a check cashing location and he's also unable to rent a car, etc.

I wish I could use my sources at work to do some searches. I could find a whole lot on JM and easily have his SSN. Line of work leads me to frequently look up that kind of stuff an trace peoples' locations and activities. Lol but probably should not do that since its not work related.

Thoughts.......

Perhaps his driver's license was among the things that LE collected during the search, so he went to the DMV to get a replacement.

Perhaps the wanted poster (with the SSN posted) was an "intentional" accident??? Due to this "accident," LE (now) has a reason to flag his SSN (they want to be on the safe side, ya know to protect him from any identity theft *cough* *cough*) By flagging his SSN, he's unable to obtain funds from say a check cashing location and he's also unable to rent a car, etc.

Posting his SSN, is just the latest in this charade of LE theatrics. Beyond ridiculous.

I apologize if this has been gone over - I've been following this case from the start, but for some reason never noticed something before in the discussions here. In the video taken from the gas station where Hannah is seen running, the newscast I just watched pointed out that a man was following her at this point (I had never noticed it before). For some reason I thought this man was only seen on both videos from the mall. If it is, in fact, the same man, I wonder how he went from following her to being ahead of her, only to duck into the doorway and follow her again (as seen in a mall video).

If this has already been discussed ad nauseam, I apologize again. I hate to bring up WG again because I think his behavior is probably just a coincidence in this case, but was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this or if I have wrong info.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/09/...student-uva-virginia?clusterId=60#videoplayer

I say no way. No way are they arresting him without a body unless they have more than blood. Especially so soon after she's gone missing.

The evidence in no body cases has to be super compelling. It usually involves lots of physical evidence, signs of a fierce struggle, witness information about a struggle, the passage of significant time without evidence the missing person is alive and often confessions of some sort.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=1&singlePage=true

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/n...nd-but-a-man-is-charged-with-murder.html?_r=0

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/195787951.html

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/gina-hall-murder-case-sets-precedent-in-virginia/25704126

I'm sure your aware, but in the UK there are circumstantial cases that would make you faint. To name one that sticks out for me (albeit a Scottish case) is the Suzanne Pilley case.

Have been following along but have not commented on this thread as yet. I read somewhere that the picture was not taken at the DMV on 19/09/2014 but rather released on that date to the police. I have worked at a dmv and if you are replacing your drivers license you do not have your picture taken but rather you use the one on file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the reason JM ran is because he has something to hide. I also think DNA could prove he has something to do with two other cases. A sexual assault and Morgan Harrington's cases were linked by DNA. Now with only traffic violations, JM's DNA would not be on file. I am thinking they did get DNA after searching his apartment. The FBI is involved so their forensic labs are open to analyzing evidence. JM asked for a lawyer, which is routine, however. taking off like that doesn't exactly seem to be the work of an innocent person. He could be very scared, but, it could be that his fear is warranted by what he actually did, rather than what he did not do. They want him to think he is only wanted for traffic violations, hence the poster.

Welcome. Good first post :greetings:

I apologize if this has been gone over - I've been following this case from the start, but for some reason never noticed something before in the discussions here. In the video taken from the gas station where Hannah is seen running, the newscast I just watched pointed out that a man was following her at this point (I had never noticed it before). For some reason I thought this man was only seen on both videos from the mall. If it is, in fact, the same man, I wonder how he went from following her to being ahead of her, only to duck into the doorway and follow her again (as seen in a mall video).

If this has already been discussed ad nauseam, I apologize again. I hate to bring up WG again because I think his behavior is probably just a coincidence in this case, but was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this or if I have wrong info.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/09/...student-uva-virginia?clusterId=60#videoplayer

They are talking about what happened at the downtown mall while showing clips of the running past the Shell Station. Just not great reporting as they keep running clips in the background and aren't talking specifically about the clip that is running. No evidence of anyone following her at the Shell Station.

that's from last thursday. they're using the tape of the shell station, but are talking about the mall footage.

Cash a check, rent a hotel room, get a rental car, withdraw money from a bank teller, probably more Im missing right off the top of my head but I can see someone having an urgent need of an I.D....especially if they were planning on "traveling"
Buy alcohol for underage college girls... JMO [emoji8]

But if he was responsible for previous high profile cases, or at least locally known, would he risk being seen with Hannah on so many cameras and by so many people? He would high five a woman, talk to a group of guys then abduct Hannah? Not saying things like that are impossible or that you are wrong, it just strikes me as odd behavior of an experienced criminal. But then again, I know nothing!

This is the first I have heard of this LE needs to be alerted to this.

I think when the commentator was talking about the mall video (man following) they were playing the gas video (which showed only HG and no man).

it seems like half the town was following her.

And ... she's an athlete.

Yes, absolutely. Many years ago when I lived there and ran cross country at my own college. I was without any means of transportation and had to run from the vicinity of Barracks/Hilltop to the downtown mall. It took way less than the half an hour I allotted. I don't know why I remember this so well, but a teen athlete at a D1 school would not struggle to walk it at a pace of 3mph

Do you mean an EDL? Enhanced Driver's License?

Yes, that can be used as a passport IF you're entering by land or sea - so Mexico, Canada, or anywhere you can go by boat.

But it's not available in Virginia yet.

http://www.dmv.org/driving-abroad/passport-license.php

Also, this is the Passcard - but it's not through the DMV, and it only works at land and see entrances and only to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, or the Caribbean

Or do you mean an International Driver's Permit? http://www.dmv.org/international-driver-permits.php

If he was going somewhere a regular DL might not be sufficient or to avoid having to get a local DL in another country if they require that (as many will accept an IDL at least for a time)

But that you can only get via the AAA or NAC (besides, who goes to the DMV if you even had a choice - 15 minutes vs. 5 hours :happydance:)

And it doesn't work in lieu of a passport to enter a country.

Thank you! Yes, I meant an Enhanced DL.

I think when the commentator was talking about the mall video (man following) they were playing the gas video (which showed only HG and no man).

the gas station video for sure shows a guy running behind her or walking really fast as she ran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member