VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO, he didn't approach like that. She was wearing his colors ( her shirt), her hair is strawberry blonde and she's tall. HG is a pretty good catch for JM I think ( or in his league of attractive women) I am surprised JM was born in December ( Sag) because he looks like he was born in June.(Cancer Cusp actually) IMO

BBM. Not to sound snarky, but how do you know this unless you were there?

Also what do you mean by "his colors"?

ETA: If this is just your own opinion I don't think you should state all this as fact. It just further confuses a case already rife with confusion.

I thought it was the mall video where it shows the two of them walking side by side. It's difficult to see, but it does look like his arm is around her waist.

they are walking side by side in the jewelry store video but i don't know how anyone can tell if his arm is around her its so hard to make anything out. Frankly in most of those videos i can only tell its her because of the contrast better the colors she is wearing and her relatively pale skin.

BBM. Not to sound snarky, but how do you know this unless you were there?

Also what do you mean by "his colors"?
I wasn't there, I can just see the attraction.

depends how much you drank.

Also, walking around in the brisk air sobers you up pretty quickly. Even more so if you are nervous or scared at any point. As a former drinking college student I have extensive knowledge and experience on such things ;-)

No I wasn't kidding. I was curious about how you think publicity and national / international news will help find Hannah. Do you think she has been taken out of Virginia, or to another country? You think she is still alive and being held somewhere in another city? She is a sex trafficking victim and everyone should be on the watch for her? Or is it that you feel that the local area (UVA, Charlottesville etc) has not done a good job of getting the news out locally so you think that many local people are only finding out about Hannah being missing by Chief Longo doing the rounds of national talk shows?

Is it common for a chief of police involved in an active crime case who has a missing person and only a POI and no evidence of a crime to leave the investigation and do talk shows? Maybe it is and I have just missed it before.

Also people who do not pay attention to news (many millions) probably won't pick up on this news, either. I know several people who have no idea who Madeline M. or Natalee H. are even now. And except for children, most victims, if kept alive, are not taken out of state. Not to mention, HLN is not really a ratings bonanza, jmo.

Not saying LE shouldn't want as much coverage as possible, just in case, but this does feel kind of like a tour that might take place by a successful defense lawyer after a big acquittal, to me. And essentially, Longo has nothing much to share.

Hopefully evidence and/or Hannah will be found within the next day or so and maybe it will become clearer. I don't know...I just am so discouraged by LE managing to let him go and creating this situation which is taking away from Hannah.

Jmo

That story about the black guy putting his arm around Hannah has always bothered me. Assuming the witness wasn't lying about this and assuming LE is correct in stating they have no evidence that JM and HG knew each other, I can't wrap my head around her willingly letting a total stranger invade her personal space that way. Like many other posters here, I did some incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous things when I was younger and more naive, but it is completely counterintuitive to me that HG would have allowed such contact from a perfect stranger, no matter how impaired she might have been. Maybe after he'd chatted her up for a while, but not just out of the blue.

The only way this scenario makes sense to me is if WG was telling the truth (not implying I think he was lying) and she looked in physical distress. So JM approaches her, saying something like Hey, do you feel all right? I'm a nursing assistant (or whatever he is) at the UVA hospital, can I help you?

That's why I keep asking if there the video of him putting his arm around her has been released. I am oh so curious to see her demeanor and/or body language.

Exactly.
Consider that it was reported that he walked up to her and put his arm around her waist. She is wearing a crop top, so that presumes skin to skin contact. This from a 6'2" 300 pound dreadlocked male who is a complete stranger to her? Consider the risk that he takes in doing this if he does not know her. What was the probability that she may have begun screaming for help and kicking or striking him? Or that bystanders may have dialed 911 and reported an assault? He may have been no respecter of personal space, but the fact that he moved with complete impunity, coupled with acquiescence on her part, indicates some form of prior connection.

Uhhh, you cannot sober up after an hour or so of not drinking.

uhhhh... yes you can. she was considerably more sober since the McGradys video. My Mama could call my name and I could do an about face.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b1a46-428c-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html
Am I right this contains new corroborating information: "owner of Rapture restaurant and bar, said that a bouncer working the doors that night saw Graham walking down the mall...the bouncer later saw Graham speaking with a large man." According to map, that is just west of Tuel Jewelers, the place of last public video siting. https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...75,21z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x29b3a86b93f0cb30
Hard to imagine, but could WG be that bouncer?

That's kind of a big deal, what you just posted. Was that really an alcove the WG stepped into or is it the entry way to Rapure? Locals may know...And what awful reporting. A big guy? That's the best he could do?

Suri Crowe ‏@KSuri

Chief Longo says investigators went back to Jesse Matthew's apt to look for "clothing" #HannahGraham with today's search warrant

It looks like they pulled the info from some database that LE has access to. I think it was in error. What purpose would putting his SSN serve? I think someone was in a hurry and didn't proofread very well. I think it was an honest mistake, they immediately requested it be pulled.

Why would any template for wanted posters have a built in slot to pull SS#s? Posters don't generate themselves. Even to pull data from a database you have to put parameters around what data you want pulled. And to not proof a wanted poster - especially in a case where you are going for nation wide attention and creating a wanted poster for reckless driving, I find that impossible to believe. No one looked at the poster at all? I don't believe that it was an honest mistake at all, not even for a split second.

It could have been as simple as driving 35 in a 15 mph zone. We just don't know. Since he was in a residential area when he did it, though, it's probably not a bad guess.

The way the police made it sound like he may have been driving well over speed limit and very evasive. So evasive the tail couldn't keep up.

Exactly.
Consider that it was reported that he walked up to her and put his arm around her waist. She is wearing a crop top, so that presumes skin to skin contact. This from a 6'2" 300 pound dreadlocked male who is a complete stranger to her? Consider the risk that he takes in doing this if he does not know her. What was the probability that she may have begun screaming for help and kicking or striking him? Or that bystanders may have dialed 911 and reported an assault? He may have been no respecter of personal space, but the fact that he moved with complete impunity, coupled with acquiescence on her part, indicates some form of prior connection.

I agree. but I, as Longo would say "believe" the prior knowledge was, "what's the word".... maybe casual... and she didn't want to hurt his feelings at first....idk...

The Trial File ‏@TheTrialFile 4m

Clothes #JesseMatthew had on in video see with #HannahGraham were not found in apartment and he did not have them on at police station

Who or what is the trial file, tia.

wg kinda looked old and bald right ?

WG was a grey blur in the video. People have said he looked middle aged, bald, wearing tube socks and loafers, etc. IMO there is no way any of you can distinguish that from those videos. I have seen 20 different versions of that video and I see absolutely no detail whatsoever except for when he raises his hand and appears to be looking at his phone.

No I wasn't kidding. I was curious about how you think publicity and national / international news will help find Hannah.

There were a couple of big events in Cville that weekend that would have attracted a lot of out-of-towners who may not be aware of the situation without all the publicity.

- 1:06 a.m. Graham is captured on surveillance video at Sal's Pizza on East Main Street. A white man walks into the camera's view, looks over his shoulder then steps into a doorway. Graham walks past him and then he starts walking behind her. He later came to police and told them he was following Graham because she seemed distressed and he wanted to make sure she was safe.

Above is from this thread's page 1 timeline.
The part of about stepping into a doorway, and following her - I don't like the sound of that.

Neither do I, OldSteve--and if you watch the video of this apparently middle-aged white man ducking into a doorway and watching Hannah surreptitiously, letting her pass right by his hiding spot unaware of him lurking there, and then moments later, him falling in behind her and following her at a distance--you would, I think, find it chillingly creepy. If you haven't seen the surveillance video of this man (known for convenience sake as WG--for White Guy--because we don't know his name: LE apparently doesn't want to ruin HIS life by publicizing his name and personal details) I recommend you do so. I think you won't be able to put it out of your mind. I honestly don't see how anyone can.

People seem to give WG a pass from suspicion because he actually called the tip line later to say he had been following Hannah that night because he wanted to "help her," as she seemed to be in some distress. Really? Really? And then he said he had stopped following her because he'd seen her with a black man whose head was shaved, and whom she seemed to know. Really? How convenient. It must be the black guy, then. Way to pre-empt suspicion of himself once the security videos are released! At some point after leaving his message on the tip line, he then called or went to the PD to tell his story again, this time not anonymously, and as I understand it by then the CC videos were either being released or described for the public, only now the bald black man is a black man with voluminous dreadlocks.

I can't seem to put the memory of this lurking middle-aged white man out of my head--and if you watch the video and see him ducking out of sight into a doorway and watching her covertly, letting her pass without asking her if she needs help, and then surreptitiously following behind her at a safe distance, I don't think you'll forget it easily either. Does this look like a good Samaritan or a stalker? I'll leave that to you.

Why would any template for wanted posters have a built in slot to pull SS#s? Posters don't generate themselves. Even to pull data from a database you have to put parameters around what data you want pulled. And to not proof a wanted poster - especially in a case where you are going for nation wide attention and creating a wanted poster for reckless driving, I find that impossible to believe. No one looked at the poster at all? I don't believe that it was an honest mistake at all, not even for a split second.

i could be a template for poster meant to be shared with other LE agencies

The Trial File ‏@TheTrialFile 4m

Clothes #JesseMatthew had on in video see with #HannahGraham were not found in apartment and he did not have them on at police station
'
I think the guy has dodged LE before, and got away with it.

I believe he thinks he's in control and as long as that body is decomposed - he's good to go.

He is manipulative, if you believe the Landlady, suddenly he is nice and speaks in a different voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member