VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be show boating and it might be over the top but that's how it became nationwide news. Chief Longo has everyone talking and that can only help find Hannah. That's what we all want.

National news is not going to find Hannah. The chance that she is anywhere but VA is nil. Media circuses did not find Natalee or Madeleine. The biggest discussions of interest for this case are: Is JM involved? and Why is LE acting this way?...not What Happened to Hannah?

The local boards have stated that there was a frat party event at McGradys that night. I wonder if that was her destination all along and then when she got there couldn't get in for some reason.
Good info! I did read that she tried to get in but was turned away from McGradys.

First post here:

The wanted poster is incorrect. Based on his Myspace page--which somebody posted earlier--he has a seemingly (at one time) very good friend who lives in California. This friend states his hometown as Charlottesville and was recently(late 2013) let go from his job--this is actually reported considerably, in Slate as well.

My phone is dead so I can't share this information with a tip line. Seems like it could be helpful.

The friend was let go... or Jesse? Not Jesse according to this (unless he had two jobs):

"The University of Virginia's communications office has confirmed Jesse Matthew is an employee of the University's Medical Center.

A representative from the office said Matthew has been an operating room patient technician at the hospital since 2012."

http://www.wsls.com/story/26585504/...e-of-person-of-interest-in-hannah-graham-case

That story about the black guy putting his arm around Hannah has always bothered me. Assuming the witness wasn't lying about this and assuming LE is correct in stating they have no evidence that JM and HG knew each other, I can't wrap my head around her willingly letting a total stranger invade her personal space that way. Like many other posters here, I did some incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous things when I was younger and more naive, but it is completely counterintuitive to me that HG would have allowed such contact from a perfect stranger, no matter how impaired she might have been. Maybe after he'd chatted her up for a while, but not just out of the blue.

The only way this scenario makes sense to me is if WG was telling the truth (not implying I think he was lying) and she looked in physical distress. So JM approaches her, saying something like Hey, do you feel all right? I'm a nursing assistant (or whatever he is) at the UVA hospital, can I help you?

That's why I keep asking if there the video of him putting his arm around her has been released. I am oh so curious to see her demeanor and/or body language.

I am a fairly new sleuth, so don't beat me up too badly for this thought,but here goes: Is it possible that LE is "pretending" to focus on Mr. Matthews so as to put the "real" POI at ease? Follow him? See where he goes, who he calls, what he does? I've probably been watching too many crime shows but this did cross my mind!

Won't :pillowfight: - if what you theorize is correct, they are ruining JM's life.

First post here:

The wanted poster is incorrect. Based on his Myspace page--which somebody posted earlier--he has a seemingly (at one time) very good friend who lives in California. This friend states his hometown as Charlottesville and was recently(late 2013) let go from his job--this is actually reported considerably, in Slate as well.

My phone is dead so I can't share this information with a tip line. Seems like it could be helpful.

I don't understand. Are you saying that JM has a friend in California, or are you saying something else?

Actually, I think they're exercising an abundance of caution in this case. They're under a media microscope and are aware any action they take will be scrutinized and criticized by the public. If an accident occurred during a high speed chase, the police probably would be criticized. If the evidence shows he's a suspect, they'll be criticized for letting him escape. It's a no-win situation.

I actually think they're very aware of public perception of how this case is managed. They know any decision they make will be carefully observed for any hint of racial discrimination, so they're going by the book. They're walking a fine line between finding Hannah and dealing with public criticism. For now, I'm willing to withhold judgment until the evidence testing is completed.

As others have said, finding Hannah is the number one priority.

Yet they are the ones who put themselves under this media microscope.

Just wondering how many cab services go circling around the bars in Charlottesville on a Saturday night?

Also, has the idea been tossed around at all that her phone may have not had a signal when she tried to send the I'm lost text and then auto sent it when her signal came back? Does anyone local know if Charlottesville has any dark spots for certain carriers? For example, my in laws have sprint and can only get service on our back deck, no where in our house or in front of the house.

I'm not done with thinking WG is involved. Call me crazy, but I saw some signaling going on in the mall video. I still think it is possible that a hand off was going on. JM might not have disappeared her, but he knows who he handed her off to. I have no idea what Hannah was up to that night, but I see someone a bit confused. She had walked off that buzz by the time she met JM. Been there done that. So what happened next?

Only thing that does not add up for me i

1. if she was lost why would she not use a gps on her cell phone to find her way to whatever location she wanted. If she could text her friends for directions etc why not just put the bar in and it would give you pedestrian instructions

2. if he drugged her, why would he have no drugged other women at the bar any of the other times he went there. He was a regular and everyone knew him there. So , I doubt he would drug her.

There's lost as in "I don't know where I am" and there's lost as in "I can't find the place I'm looking for" or "can't figure out how to get there from here."

I think she knew where she was but couldn't find the placeshe was going. GPS might not have been much help.

Maybe she didn't realize they wouldn't let her in? Perhaps the bouncer said she was too drunk to come in?

(Nothing at all against her).

what I mean why go down town , while there were plenty of parties and her friends on and around campus ?

Maybe she didn't realize they wouldn't let her in? Perhaps the bouncer said she was too drunk to come in?

(Nothing at all against her).

what I mean why go down town , while there were plenty of parties and her friends on and around campus ?

The local boards have stated that there was a frat party event at McGradys that night. I wonder if that was her destination all along and then when she got there couldn't get in for some reason.

Underage?

That story about the black guy putting his arm around Hannah has always bothered me. Assuming the witness wasn't lying about this and assuming LE is correct in stating they have no evidence that JM and HG knew each other, I can't wrap my head around her willingly letting a total stranger invade her personal space that way. Like many other posters here, I did some incredibly stupid and potentially dangerous things when I was younger and more naive, but it is completely counterintuitive to me that HG would have allowed such contact from a perfect stranger, no matter how impaired she might have been. Maybe after he'd chatted her up for a while, but not just out of the blue.

The only way this scenario makes sense to me is if WG was telling the truth (not implying I think he was lying) and she looked in physical distress. So JM approaches her, saying something like Hey, do you feel all right? I'm a nursing assistant (or whatever he is) at the UVA hospital, can I help you?

That's why I keep asking if there the video of him putting his arm around her has been released. I am oh so curious to see her demeanor and/or body language.

Remember Joran Van der Sloot telling LE how he saw Natalee going over to the black man outside the hotel where he left her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez