VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the fastest thread I have ever seen! I can't get a few hours sleep and get the kids off to school without missing entire threads!!

I believe and from what another user posted, the tunnels have been locked up and secured. I don't think they are accessible at all anymore. But perhaps there are secret ways that just aren't as well known.

here is a page from
http://www.vtunderground.com/other/uva.htm
the UVA steam tunnels are quite difficult to enter and exit - it took me a number of scouting trips to find a usable entrance. Even then, I was only able to access a small portion of the 5-mile tunnel network........The tunnel network is divided by Emmet Street into two main sections, and is further divided up by locked gates in the tunnels. Unfortunately, there are also locked gates that prevent egress into the dorms and academic buildings. The tunnels themselves are of easy walking height, and have a number of twists, turns, ladders, and stairs.

from this article http://articles.dailypress.com/1996...nts-charlottesville-tunnels-virginia-students

Police might never have found McKethan had someone not led them to a section of the tunnels near Clark Hall, about a five-minute walk from the Rotunda. Apparently McKethan had entered the 8-foot-tall, 8-foot-wide tunnel through a manhole.

imo longo's sending a message

We have virtually no info as to why the car was targeted. Some mention that it was seen on some video but I can't find any video with it on there. The vocus has been more on the car than on the owner. FOr some reason the LE are really putting a lot of bets on forensics they can get from that car. Whatever the attention and focus is with this car, I hope it pans out. At this point JM isn't going to say squat when they get him in custody. I hope they truly tried to sweet talk him, get some info out of him about Hannah and got something because if he knows anything, it's unlikely to come out after all that has happened.

Lots of pictures of the car, very specific ones, but no info on what drew attention to it. Why that car over all of the ones parked near that area where Hannah was last seen. On what grounds did they get that warrent? What does one need to get a warrent to search someone's car?

The apartment search supposed was due to a remark from someone there, and my guess would be it would be the comment that JM was with a white girl recently there But from the info the descrip does not fit Hannah other than skin color. Hannah's height and build are distinctive.

But what is it about car that can get a search warrent? The car but not the owner could be seized.

Somewhere many threads back a poster stated, as best I can recall, that a woman was seen getting into a car, out of it and back into it. But a description of the car wasn't given. That car doesn't seem to have a known connection to JM right now. I wonder how the orange car was IDed too.

Chief said in earlier presser that if more video was obtained, it would be released. Now we know there is video 1) of Hannah and JM together after Tempo and 2) video of orange car, in which Hannah can not be identified. Thoughts on why these haven't been released?

Longo also said at one point that there may be things he has to hold back for the sake of the investigation, so I would imagine he sees them as important (beyond just placing her somewhere), or they think it would be hard on her parents. For #1, maybe it shows evidence of HG and JM being physically affectionate, suggesting that they did not part ways after they got in the car, and it's very important to him not to tip his hand to JM yet and/or he just doesn't want her parents to have to go through the release of that, especially if he turns out to be her killer? For #2, I have no idea, because I think the public could be very helpful in telling Longo if that really is a reflection on the glass, or if she's in the front seat, for example. :tantrum:

Yeah. This part makes no sense to me. If they had video of them coming out, wouldn't they have video of them going in? And, if they had that video then there would not have been the hullabaloo about the POI's different descriptions.

Maybe they do have the video. Maybe they don't!

Video of them together after is not the same as video coming out. Could be from around the corner (on the way to the car).

TODAY reported this morning that LE hopes to review more videos today.

I have a question for locals. It sounds to me like the city refusing to put cameras at the mall, citing privacy concerns, was pretty common knowledge amongst the locals. Yes?

My train of thought is that if so, then wouldn't a predator, someone local, consider that area would be a safe place to hunt for potential victims? I'm just saying that whoever took Hannah may have had a false sense of security in that area.

I don't understand that either. The mall is a public space so privacy should not be an issue. People are not walking around with blinders on. If you are out and about in public you have no privacy except what is in your wallet and under your clothes. Privacy is reserved for private places.

Chief said in earlier presser that if more video was obtained, it would be released. Now we know there is video 1) of Hannah and JM together after Tempo and 2) video of orange car, in which Hannah can not be identified. Thoughts on why these haven't been released?

Do you have a link that quotes him saying that?

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh?fref=nf

HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Police tell me clothing was taken from Jesse Matthew's apartment while serving their search warrant yesterday. Police will not say who clothing belonged to.

There was a tweet last night on a threads they still have not found the clothing that he was wearing in the videos.. and he wasn't wearing them at the police station either

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

As an LEO I have to say that all of this blaming on LE is ridiculous. No doubt they will review and be reviewed for how they handle this case, but unless YOU have ever been in the situation they are in.... give them credit that they are working around the clock to find Hannah. Just because they did not tell YOU that they have tried to talk to JM numerous times, including when they went to search his car and apartment, DOESN'T mean it didn't happen. Obviously Longo said they DID talk to him and that they wanted to talk to him AGAIN.

I've been in LE 15+ years and praise the CPD for their efforts and hardwork. As upset, frustrated and affected as we get as we sit by our laptops and keyboards, and how hard it is for us to know HG is still missing... IMAGINE working this case, little sleep, seeing the pain on HG's parents faces, the frustration of lab processing taking time... Of course we would all handle the case different in some way or another as we all have our own opinions and ways of looking at things, but each and every officer that has assisted with this case carries this case personally and it's not "just a job" for them... so let's give them the credit they deserve and stop bashing them constantly.

Great post bogart64!! I can't imagine being LE and dealing with the frustration of no answers, especially from the one that may have info that may help find Hannah. They are doing an awesome job and they deserve our support!!

I don't understand that either. The mall is a public space so privacy should not be an issue. People are not walking around with blinders on. If you are out and about in public you have no privacy except what is in your wallet and under your clothes. Privacy is reserved for private places.

The area of the mall may be private property though. I'm not sure. I only know that there can be issues in regard to car wrecks in some shopping/strip malls due to the property being private.

Could explain why she is walking 'with a purpose' and why she tried to get into McGrady's.
she didnt stop to use a bathroom from the time she left McGradys to when the last video was shown. About 20 minutes total.

No, I am not so assuming. LE did talk to him and his roommates. Also, yes, I agree JM's reaction was not normal. At this point, I'd have gotten an attorney involved immediately and yes, I'd have watched them search my car, not disappear But then we don't know what LE told them that they disappeared as they did. Though we like to say this is not about race,black men do not fare well in criminal investigations. But I am surprised that LE did not have resources to follow the owner of the car that is so important that a search warrent was issued for it. The person could talk, a girl is missing, could still be alive, anything possible to get him to give info should have been the concern, not turning a back on the guy which, yes, LE did. For all we know Hannah could have been a live somewhere at that time.,maybe they went off to finish her off and truly hide the body now that LE was right there. Car wasn't going anywhere. The people were and did. Even if JM took off, the roommates might have cooperated given the seriousness fo the situation. All three men just left. At this point, it would be understandable if none of them talked.

You are right that we do not know how investigators approached the men. I would hope that they pretty much begged for the men to please talk to them--not gone straight to the car, but tried to get any info out of those men, explaining that a girl's life might be at stake. Please, any and all info about wherabouts, did you see her, etc, etc before proceeding with the car search, and then making sure all three men were followed when they left. THey did not flee--that would have been released, they just left. I think LE could have done more there.

A lot of what actually happened will likely come out later. I think the car was on the LE agenda as a prize not just because of Hannah's disappearance. I don't think Hannah was the focus when they went to the apt with the search warrent. SOmething about the car really had LE hot.

What we also don't know is what kind ,if any, previous "confrontations" Matthew might have had with LE. This might have contributed to his behavior .

What time is it in Charlottesville? Coming up to 9.30am?

JMO OK This may be way out there, but does anyone suspect that the dreads is a wig? It has really bothered me that the dreads guy is who we see in the videos, but early on, the description of the POI by police was a close-cropped hair goatee guy......Could LE have known that the well-known Matthew who hangs out at the mall wears a dreadlocks wig, so that by describing the close-cropped hair would force Matthew to always wear the wig??......because if he took the wig off, he would risk matching the description of the POI? But since all of the videos show him in a wig with Hannah, it is obvious to observers that HE is the real POI.........a wild guess, but I think it's a possibility. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75