VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion this person has not been identified as being police. I read it as "per the police as a source ".....

White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew. There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree!!! Why would the hash tag #Matthew be at the end of the first tweet if that wasn't the end of it? Really do NOT think WM is LE.

The two texts connect to make one sentence as twitter only allows so many characters per tweet...
It claims WG was identified as police officer...

So that would explain why he was following her to make sure she was okay, but then backed off when he thought Hannah reacted as if he knew JM...

OK I'm pretty sure the word distressed was used to avoid saying drunk.

She was not bleeding or choking or puking.

She was drunk.

She was alone.

I bet all of the other drunk girls (and I'm sure there were hundreds) were with friends.

But I can assure you WG had seen several drunk girls that night.

So yes she was in distress but obviously not enough for him to take perfect notes and really burn the image into memory.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the "police" was used as the source of her information, as in (according to) police...

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? LOL

Agree, she's just saying that the guy he said was bald, WAS #Mathew (a twitter thing) and that police confirmed that the dreads/bald thing was a mistake. Also, keep in mind that there is probably video of WG just as there is video of JM/Hannah. He probably walked right back to the area of SAL's where he is checking his phone and maybe meeting someone...so plenty of reason to believe his story and discount him as a POI including a possible person of video the rest of the night. It sounds like it's not hard to track his actions after that time. It is hard to track JM after leaving Tempo so really, I think we need to move on from the WG thing.

Thank you for posting this. VERY INTERESTING... The offense date for the assault on Wilke was 06/04/2009 with arrest date of 07/08/009.. He was released on bail and defended by REDINGER, JANICE L . He was charged with Assault and battery and grand larceny attempt.

Interestingly enough she represented him in 2010 for a trespassing charge he ended up being found guilty on.
charges were dropped on the assault..but it does show he has anger issues,,this was part of the interview in an earlier post .from the victims perspective

I'm a psychologist and it makes sense to me. People have cognitive paradigm's of what they think certain people look like, they group them to what is their norm. For all the people he may have seen that night (especially if he was a bouncer or security of some kind), not knowing what was significant at the time, it makes perfect sense. A big black guy may have dreads, but he's not paying attention to them so by morning, the brain kind of buckets that info into what you're cognitive paradigm looks like for "black guys" and maybe to him, his memory is then someone that looks like Shug Knight. It's a weird thing and yeah, it seems like he should have been able to do a better description but beyond that, LE has indicated that WG is of no concern but a witness (they must have reason to think this) and even after the time of what he saw, there is video showing JM with her and then they're at Tempo together...so no reason to think that the bald/dreads thing is any more than just an explainable memory fog. The FBI is on this too, remember that. They have experts in this area and are probably advising LE to not worry about that discrepancy.

Right that's why I said regardless of what the WG said/ why. I was just addressing posts by people that seem to say that (modsnip) [JM] could easily be mistaken visually for a bald head. Sure, perhaps he misremembered. That seems valid to me. There's no reason to go beyond that to try to explain why (modsnip) [JM] might look like a bald head, since they don't.

I would like to know if LE used a cadaver dog and scent dogs with regards to JM car. Wouldn't they alert if they detected something?

Agreed. I wasn't saying that presumption of innocence is listed in the Constitution. I'm just saying that I'm, personally, in the "innocent until proven guilty camp".

Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights are the ones that I think people have been forgetting here. All of those things that you study in criminal procedure classes in law school...that sort of thing. So...the fact that he doesn't want to talk to the LE without Assistance of Counsel is a right as far as I (and the Bill of Rights) see it.

It is his right. But so what? It is not about what he is allowed to do. It is about what is typical behavior of an innocent person. I frankly don't understand the confusion about that.

I have a right to do many things. But what rights I chose to invoke and the timing of my invocation may say a lot about me to someone profiling a crime. "But you have a right, to do that!" is not a valid argument against profiling of me based on my conduct.

Human behavior and trends in it remain an important focus of profiling.

..maybe...
But sometimes in tweets people use CONT. for "continued from first tweet" , so that it completes a phrase...
I'm confused now...LOL..
Well have to wait and see...
My son helped to interpret the tweets... He's 20 and he told me about CONT...
Ill step back from trying to interpret twitter for now...lol

Totally agree!!! Why would the hash tag #Matthew be at the end of the first tweet if that wasn't the end of it? Really do NOT think WM is LE.

Oh dear these threads are moving so fast that this is going to go on all day when folks get to the original post! :pullhair:

Perhaps when people bring it up now we should just roll and scroll is
when new folks are just hitting the first post and haven't seen all the other things we said afterwards. Otherwise this is going to go on all day. :Moo:

:deadhorse:
correct ..The tweet was not saying he was a cop! :Moo:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Guys, what in the WORLD are you talking about? I PROMISE you are reading these tweets wrong if you think that they are saying "the white man was police" - I realize why it looks that way, but "Police" is just the source

Tweet 1 - (According to police): The description of the black man was matthew
Tweet 2 - (According to police): There was not another individual

aura french @lfrenchnews · 3m
police:white man seen following hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #matthew

laura french @lfrenchnews · 3m
Cont: Police: There was not another individual with #hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

What are most people expecting from forensics? To say Hannah was in his car or apartment? And then what will happen?

Hannah's blood/DNA. I'm hoping for evidence to say that she was in fact in his car, then in his apartment. Just something or any kind of crucial evidence that means he can be arrested for Hannah's disappearance...

THE REPORTER IS CONFIRMING WG IS A POLICE OFFICER....

You read first tweet followed by second as a complete sentence...
Ignoring hash tags as part of sentence....

NO! You are missing #matthew. Its says the black guy seen was Matthew. Then it says police: meaning the next line is a quote from.police. WG is NOT LE

Clu, I think she struggled in his car. When I saw the car window was damage, my heart sank. She is tall. If he tried to choke her or hit her, she would have fought back, damaging the passenger side window with her feet. If this happen they would have maybe blood, her hair, etc.

What next? They went back to his home again. So I think they found something whiich could lead to his arrest, imo.

Seems like if there were visible signs of a struggle, they still could have brought him in for questioning, at least, when they noticed it. I just hope whatever they do find shows a crime was committed, not just that she was with him. Since she seemed to be with him by her choice, they have to prove he did more than drive her somewhere and let her out. I would hate for this to turn into an ugly trial where defense says Hannah went with him and had consensual sex, for example, if her DNA is found in his room and is not blood or is a very small amount.

Just because you have respect for what Charlottesville LE is doing and dealing with doesn't constitute "hero worship". Until I know that LE has erred in some way, I will continue to have respect for them. I would also have more respect for JM if he were to come forward and tell what he knows vs running like he's hiding something.

Very well said!!

"Cont" on a tweet means continued in the next tweet as there's not enough characters to fit it all in one tweet. You only get 140 characters per tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95