VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that. But why not just call one himself, retain him, meet with him, and then decide whether or not to go to station to talk with attorney present? Or alternatively, have lawyer call police to say he is represented and can not be questioned? I mean, that's how they do it in Law & Order ;)

Because you need $$$$ and lots of it. Now.

They will,not gladly serve you today and wait for money. It is $$$$ now

Law enforcement is going with the guy they know was the last person "witnessed" to be with Hannah. If that changes so does the course of the investigation,imo.

I agree with that. And WG must have checked out. Just so he was checked out thoroughly along with anyone else who was there and behaved (possibly) inappropriately.

A looooooong time ago I lived in Cville as a UVA undergrad. I recall several times being out at night, winding up by myself, and being fearful on the streets. A lot of the streets are not well lit, and the area is hilly/semi-rural. I recall several times running (as HG is seen in the Shell video) on the streets because I was scared. I also worked for a time at a restaurant on the mall. One of the reasons I quit the job was that after closing at night the area around the mall was desolete -- I found myself running to my car because I was very scared being alone there. Had I been lost in Cville and walking for several hours without access to a ride home, would I have gotten in the car of a friendly stranger who worked at UVA for a ride home? Maybe.

Tempos is basically at the end of the Mall. I can imagine what is was like at 1:30 (they close at 1am)

Just a thought- has anyone checked to see if they were friends on Facebook? There has to be some sort of connection. I don't know of anyone who would allow a guy we don't know at all to grab us around the waist- let alone a bare-skinned waist. Secondly, I hope they are checking on EVERY SINGLE PERSON who works at the Tempo restaurant- wonder if there was someone who works there that maybe he was showing her off too before passing her off (in the case of possible human trafficking)- you know like a person who gives the "nod-off"? I could be completely off on my feeling, but something about that one stop is eating at my core.... All my own opinion- just a girl who grew up watching Perry Mason and Murder She Wrote....

Yes, people have checked if they were friends on Facebook. There is no known, established connection between the two. This has been reiterated by police. Why does there have to be some sort of connection? Does every single missing persons case hinge on some sort of previous connection? The answer is no. I can think of plenty of reasons why someone would allow a guy to grab them around the waist, and high on the list are alcohol and threat of violence. Of course the police are talking to people who work at the Tempo restaurant. Why would the police hold multiple press conferences asking for information from everyone in the general public, but not think to talk to those known to be near HG prior to her disappearance? This is the real world, not television.

With all due respect... But many times someone's own family doesn't really know them ... Dennis Rader was married with kids and was a serial killer!! Sometimes people are good at letting people see what they want them to see.

this, unfortunately, is very true.

That landlady interview is irritating. Why didn't the reporter ask the obvious follow up question of WHY it was so unusual that he was being so nice and helpful Thursday night?

She didn't say it was unusual. I think the obvious follow up would be to ask her if that WAS unusual for him to act nicer-than-normal.

Question to locals : we have a parking garage that "closes" around 12 meaning no more entrance .. You pay a flat rate when you come in (before 12). After 12, you can still leave because the exit is automated but can not enter because attendant is gone. Is this one like this or no? (If that makes any sense!)
And this garage, are you able to walk through it after hours or whenever and come out an exit door that maybe has an alley or different street? The one I was discussing above is like that too. People walk through to cut through to that road behind without going all the way around garage.

With this particular garage, you cannot get in or out. They have gates that come down, completely closing off any entry by pedestrians or cars.

Do we know anything about the POI's homelife? Grandma has been vocal but I don't really think we know anything else about him background wise. We know that he works in a hospital and that he has many people that think he is a nice guy. He also volunteers with children in football.
His grandma makes him greens. How bad could it have been? ;)

I think we should wait to hear the details of his reckless driving charges before we decide he put his mother's life in danger. A LOT of minor things can be called reckless driving in Virginia. As I said last night, it could be as simple as going 35 in a 15 mph zone.

Except its probably pretty safe to assume that JM wasn't traveling 35 in a 15moh zone if his speed is what forced LE to abandon their pursuit if him. I doubt 35mph would be considered a high speed chase.

It's my opinion that Jesse did not park in the garage. Just a hunch

http://www.vtunderground.com/other/blueridge.htm

wonder if they searched the tunnel, and other areas like that

Its only 15 minutes away

Some people are saying the tunnels are not accessible but I found this interesting article about the popularity of people exploring the tunnels, both students and locals

http://www.c-ville.com/The_relativity_of_recklessness/#.VCGS1HktBjo

However, both “spelunk the steam tunnels” and “view UVA from the roof of a building” appear on a list titled “111 Things To Do before You Graduate,” created by the Class of 2011 Trustees.

This is true. There are degrees of this disorder and some are better or worse at controlling it. One's environment can provoke or hold it in check as well.

As far as a sociopath,he may be, but he has stayed in the area a long time. He has gone to college. He has kept jobs for a long time.

I don't think there's much more to speculate on now until more info comes out. I am looking forward to Coy Barefoot's article today.

I will say that this case has to be a homicide detective's dream. Here you have a very contained area to cover, a very condensed time frame to look at, and you have multiple video and eye witnesses. One would expect a rather quick resolution to this case.

Earlier on before the JM info blew up, LE stated that a dog tracked Hannah's scent in the Water St. Parking garage. We never heard if they checked out video footage from the garage... I would assume the garage has cameras, no?

I woke up with a sinking feeling. I don't know, but I hope JM doesn't commit suicide. I hope he'll come forward with an attorney and tell what he knows. We can go from there. I've never been in the position he is in, and I'm a blabber so would probably be trying to remember every detail. However, I know I've seen cases where the POI was only needed to further the investigation, and was NEVER put in the suspect category once police talked to them.

I know it's a different situation, but there's been some parents that were doing weed and their child was abducted/raped/murdered. They told the truth, but were sure on LE's radar at first. Mark Klass comes to mind. The parents or whoever the last to see the missing person can hold valuable information without realizing. They must be cleared in order to move to the next step. John Walsh, he son was abducted from a Sears store I think it was. His wife had left the boy playing video games. Yes they were put under the radar until cleared.

Family and friends of JW, please talk to him, and encourage him to speak with an attorney, and make a statement to LE so they can further the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75