VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of pissing everyone off I missed why so many are upset about the gloves. I posted an excerpt where a search team had found a purple glove. Next time I checked in and couldn't keep up people were mad about talking about gloves, or so it seemed. It was my thought that if JM was involved or even had a history of this stuff he may use gloves for obvious reasons. We know he had easy access to them. I have taken home many gloves in my pockets from work. I have been avoiding asking this because it seems like some people want to censor discussion to only what they think is relavant. I think that's counterproductive. Yes, some stuff we discuss makes me roll my eyes too but nontheless I respect it. You never know what topic, even irrelevant could trigger someone else to something significant right?

The gist of the glove discussion was that boxes of medical type gloves were carried out of the apartment during one of the searches. It was pretty much decided that these gloves were not those of the POI, but were instead gloves used by the officers doing the search and collecting evidence. It then got into whether or not black gloves would look purple under certain lighting conditions, and much merriment (and perhaps the taking of headache relievers) ensued. IIRC

Maybe if there is still "fresh" mud its because he went back to the dump site. Or perhaps moved her body from one place to a new, muddy location. IMO. Just speculation.

Is there confirmation anywhere that there was mud that they were specifically looking into or is it just speculation?

Okay, really really odd that the forensics are still not in! I'm not sure, but this shouldn't take this long, right?

Sort of like experiments -- it takes more work to come to get to, "no useful evidence," than it takes if there is lots of useful stuff that is clear right away.
Exactly, 100% my thoughts. Always nice when the first batch of results is going to get you published in Nature...

This is where the confusion comes from I think. Don't they give the car back when they are done? And Longo said he was done with the car in the PC.

He will not get the vehicle returned if they found something (anything at all) in the vehicle tying him to Hannah. They will keep the vehicle impounded and may even do further forensic testing on it.

The only time I can remember a vehicle being returned that was seized by a search warrant is if they found nothing of value in the vehicle and even that takes sometime for the vehicle to be returned.

I imagine they have taken that car apart looking for any evidence that can be hidden if the seats aren't removed. Most likely if they see any staining that appears to be blood they will rip the carpet out or cut those portions out to be sent off to be tested.

IMO

The gist of the glove discussion was that boxes of medical type gloves were carried out of the apartment during one of the searches. It was pretty much decided that these gloves were not those of the POI, but were instead gloves used by the officers doing the search and collecting evidence. It then got into whether or not black gloves would look purple under certain lighting conditions, and much merriment (and perhaps the taking of headache relievers) ensued. IIRC

Yes, this. They definitely belonged to LE. They wouldn't just carry out evidence in their bare hands and throw it into the car. Any evidence would be in paper bags. Not to mention, the tweet from the reporter that originally reported it was deleted. I think he realized how ridiculous of a report that was.

So let's PLEASE put the glove discussion to rest. Pretty please? :)

Who says she is his ex GF? I thought they were close to marrage.

But then he was caught on camera late at night, slithering up to some young girl and putting his arm around her. Then she was never seen again. Even if he never had anything to do w/ the disappearance, his actions that night = huge red flag. If I was the GF I would run away so fast my feet would kick my own as$.

I believe the urgency, IMO is that there is still a chance that she is alive. There is no proof that this is a murder case, just a missing persons that we know of... that's fairly urgent in my opinion.

Hannah is no longer with us. The quicker we dispense with that, the quicker we charge this guy and move on.

when you are on probation or parole , law enforcement can easily get warrants to search you or your belongings for evidence that you broke your probation or parole. you pretty much wave your rights when you agree to parole or probation

Thanks for the explanation. My understanding was that when requesting a judge sign an order for a search warrant, police had to have probably cause to believe a crime was committed and it had to list very specifically where they intend to search and what they expect to find. Are you saying that if a person is on probation or parole, these rules no longer apply?

Okay, really really odd that the forensics are still not in! I'm not sure, but this shouldn't take this long, right?
are you waiting for them to make a statement about it ? i doubt they will today

on the bottom right of post you want to multi quote, right of the "reply with quote" button, there is another square button with" on it. when you click it a blue tick appears. do this with the posts you want to multi-quote. scroll down to near bottom of page, click "reply to thread". selected quotes will appear in the box

edit:it seems I don't know my left from my right

You mean like this?

when you are on probation or parole , law enforcement can easily get warrants to search you or your belongings for evidence that you broke your probation or parole. you pretty much wave your rights when you agree to parole or probation

Or this

Forensics workers at the state lab in Richmond worked through the weekend to process items authorities seized from the home and car of the man they say was the last person to see Hannah Graham, said Charlottesville police Capt. Gary Pleasants.

“We’re expecting those results possibly today or maybe tomorrow,” Pleasants said.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_ebd73df8-41fc-11e4-a871-001a4bcf6878.html

bbm

Or this?

(Thanks elleymae and Franco for your audience participation--take a bow). :)

Hannah is no longer with us. The quicker we dispense with that, the quicker we charge this guy and move on.

Clearly you know something I don't. Care to elaborate?

What would happen if people decided that Elizabeth Smart was no longer with us? etc? There have been a lot of found people lately... I won't give up hope until there is proof.

Thanks for the explanation. My understanding was that when requesting a judge sign an order for a search warrant, it had to list very specifically state where they intend to search and what they expect to find. Are you saying that if a person is on probation or parole, these rules no longer apply?
correct
As a general rule, your home can be searched without a search warrant while on parole or probation. The search can include your home, car, and person. The search must be conducted, however, by the appropriate state agency

and its far easier to get any warrant for you

I am really shocked that they are expecting some results back late this afternoon.

That is extremely rare and very fast.

It usually takes many weeks to get lab results returned.

The only two cases I can remember that the lab did return the results very quickly was the Heinz mass murder case in Georgia and the Gee mass murder case in Illinois.

That is very rare though.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads