VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who wish to convict Jesse Matthew based solely on the fact that the authorities have charged him...<modsnip>. I'm open to listening to any evidence a commenter might have of Jesse's guilt.. <modsnip>

The police MIGHT have evidence that Hannah got into Jesse's car, but I haven't seen it, and neither has anyone else.

I'm not David, but I think he misread the tweet regarding JM not being tied to Alexis Murphy case as meaning he wasn't tied to Hannah's case.

JMO

Well I appreciate the reply anyway, EGirl! Thanks!

Sorry for quoting my own post.

I also wanted touch on the topic of "Date-Rape drug." I constantly see over, and over again allegations, suspicion, etc. of the use of a date-rape drug. Quite often during an investigation, I've had a victim state the think they were "roofied" (which specifically refers to Rohypnol; a chemical I've never come across in my 17 years). Rohypnol is a benzodiazepine, so I personally think "roofie" is a coverall term for this classification of benzodiazepines. From the use of lab results, as well as through interviews and other forms of investigation, I've yet to see a case in my office, where the use of a date-rape drug has been confirmed. Yes, lab work has shown traces of different benzos in some victims. However, benzos are prescribed to a fair amount of individuals, and through my investigations (as well as the years working in Narcotics), they are a commonly abused substance. GHB was commonly used in the mid 80s to early 90s in the bodybuilding scene. It had a resurgence in the late 90s to early 2000s in the Rave culture. GHB is a substance ppl commonly refer to as a date rape drug. Personally, I've never encountered it in a sexual assault/rape investigation.

Keep in mind, the city I work in, is one of the 5th most populous cities in the US. Many ppl are on medication (of various types) or consume other chemicals that greatly exacerbate the effects of alcohol whether they're aware or not. Ppl also sometimes are not aware of the amount of alcohol they have consumed, nor exactly how it'll effect them specifically on a particular occasion. Factors including, but not limited to; hydration, nutrition, medication, climate, disease, etc. all play a significant role in the effects of intoxicants.

The following is strictly MO. I think the claims of being drugged often stem from the above mention factors as well as other personality factors. Ppl sometimes refuse to take responsibility for the fact the simply drank too much. Ppl think they are able to "hold their alcohol". Whether ppl want to believe it or not, there're individuals who simply seek a reason/excuse for their actions. One quick example (and I've had multiple instances like this). After taking a sexual assault complaint at Noon on Saturday, I transported an individual to the hospital for a kit & blood work. Said individual claimed they thought the were "drugged", and stated they had 3 drinks. The last drink at approx. 0100hrs (11 hours earlier). At noon there BAC was .09. If somebody is familiar in calculating the metabolism of alcohol in reference to BAC, you can do the math. Were they sexually assaulted? Yes. Did I believe them? Yes. Were they highly intoxicated? I believe so. Were there signs of a date-rape drug? None that medical experts could determine.

None of the above is in reference to this case, nor any other on the forum. It's simply my thoughts/experiences on date-rape drugs, and the my thoughts/experiences regarding the over excessive speculation of their use in crimes.

http://www.newsweek.com/fraternity-suspended-alleged-date-rape-plot-272072 -

http://fox6now.com/2014/09/23/facin...ion-uwm-tke-president-makes-court-appearance/

friendly reminder that this just happened at another university, and involves (possibly) related assaults.

Not true. "Some people" prefer to see evidence. Until we see it, then the possibility remains that Hannah could have been abducted by someone other than Jesse. All we have now are charges, not evidence.

As someone in England I get easily confused. At first its LE/DA need actual physical evidence to make an arrest and now (After JM bolts) they bring charges that on the surface they don't have evidence for.

Last nights last minute PC was odd too. They changed location which meant all the press had to quickly pack up and move on mass at short notice (~ 1 hour) and IMO there was very little substance to the PC and mention of Hannah until a reporter threw a question out to him.

Maybe While Longo kept the press busy, his detectives were busy doing "something"?

Or maybe I watch too many movies.....

I have to believe that they have much more than an arm around her and unused condoms to support the kidnapping with intent to defile. I think an unmarried 32 year old is, more likely than not to be in possession of prophylactic birth control. Certainly not indicative of intent to commit a crime.

Maybe they saw a used condom in the car. Or a wrapper or open box.

I find it odd that no eyewitnesses--either on or off the record--have come forward claiming they saw Jesse and Hannah at the Tempo bar/restaurant that night.

Exactly, They have nothing. They have him and her together and not, at the mall area and they have her missing. Not one piece of evidence that he is responsible for her demise or disappearance. I am waiting for evidence, until then he is innocent minus the alleged traffic violations. jmo idk

I understand that view. I would caution that it might not be that LE had s no evidence, it might be they have not disclosed that evidence to the public.

I also understand that the Commonwealths Attorney will not reveal all of the evidence until the trial, regardless of the interest in the case from the public. And until a jury has made a decision he is innocent. And I believe after that he will be guilty.

On the official FB page, I noted some posts where people were basically saying that LE "shoulda told us last week he was guilty before he fled"....scary stuff.

Exactly, They have nothing. They have him and her together and not, at the mall area and they have her missing. Not one piece of evidence that he is responsible for her demise or disappearance. I am waiting for evidence, until then he is innocent minus the alleged traffic violations. jmo idk

If I was LE and did not have anything on JM except that he was the last known person with HG and is not talking to me, I'd do what I could to get him to talk. Maybe he did give her a ride somewhere or she walked off in a certain direction. If I was LE, I'd first call him out in a press conference to see if that would get him talking. Then, I might charge him with something knowing that I might have to drop the charges later. Anything to get him to tell me what he knows. Or, he might be guilty and this pressure is appropriate.

Ok I am constantly playing catch up with this thread and have had to resort to skimming to try to stay caught up, but something is bothering me, and if it's been addressed I apologize in advance. It has been stated multiple times that men often take home intoxicated women hoping to get lucky and have sex. I just think it should be noted that if a person is intoxicated they are unable to give consent and that is a crime in itself. That behavior should not be brushed off or just accepted because "it happens everywhere all the time".

I wondered about this as well. But, I have also seen perpetrators who seem to be guilty of the "no body, no crime" mentality

RSC, were you recently on the Corwin thread? ;)

I find it odd that no eyewitnesses--either on or off the record--have come forward claiming they saw Jesse and Hannah at the Tempo bar/restaurant that night.
Really? I thought LE said they have multiple witness accounts that he purchased a drink and they were there for 15 mins. I believe it was fact. They are not disclosing sources to public though

To those who wish to convict Jesse Matthew based solely on the fact that he's been charged by the authorities..........I hope to never have you as a "jury of my peers".
I hear what you are saying but would like to say that since I am on a message board and not in a Court of Law I can express opinions of guilt etc. based on facts early in and what may seem a reasonable assumption. To me. Now if I was ever called as a Juror could I base my decision based on only the facts presented in Court? You betcha.

Hi all,

Longtime reader...don't post much.

I'm not sure if this theory has been brought up (there's a lot to sift through on here) but does anyone think possibly Hannah was so intoxicated that she passed out? Or perhaps given a drug by JM and it had a bad interaction and she passed away? JM then freaked out and disposed of her body. I'm not sure if this was a brutal murder. I'm thinking maybe she accidentally died as a result of some date rape drug then JM didn't know what to do.

Just my thoughts.

To those who wish to convict Jesse Matthew based solely on the fact that the authorities have charged him........I'd really hate having you as a jury of my peers. I'm open to listening to any evidence a commenter might have of Jesse's guilt........other than, "Well, he MUST be guilty or they wouldn't have charged him!" God forbid our justice system ever be based on this concept.

The police MIGHT have evidence that Hannah got into Jesse's car, but I haven't seen it, and neither has anyone else.?

bbm If that where the case he would be in jail now. jmo And I have come to the belief that if I were a witness to anything I may not say I was even there much less that I saw something for fear of being named as a suspect. jmo idk

The police cannot put out a warrant for his arrest if they do not believe he is responsible. That would be the end of all of their careers--LE, judge, etc--and set the city, state, FBI up for enormous lawsuits.

Awesome post. The police knowing Jesse is not responsible would explain the lack of urgency and warning about Jesse in the pressed yesterday. Could Chief Longo be so deflated because he knows the investigation is back to square one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics