VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do LE have any concerns that poi will attempt suicide, hope he stays alive so he can share info concerning Hannah.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-student-hannah-graham-has-slew-other-n210636
"Legal records show Matthew was charged with assault and attempted grand larceny in Virginia in 2009, but the charges were dropped. The charges stemmed from an incident in June of that year, where Matthew was accused of assault while attempting to steal a cell phone, NBC affiliate WSLS in Virginia reported. He was then charged and convicted of trespassing in 2010. And in 2012, he faced a possession of stolen property charge; that charge was dropped as well. The circumstances surrounding those charges were not clear from the court records. Matthew also has several traffic infractions listed on his record.

Graham was last seen early on Sept. 13."

This is from Parker Slaybaugh 8 news Facebook :

I just learned a reason the possible connection between Jesse Matthew/ Hannah Graham and Randy Taylor/Alexis Murphy was investigated by FBI and State Police was directly because of this page and all of your comments. All of your comments are being read by police and investigators. Your discussions are making a difference and are helping with this investigation. I was told it was investigated because of the "hype" that started right here.

So in other words a bunch of Internet people wasted LE manpower to the point where a press release had to be made telling everyone to knock it off...

I questioned the appropriateness of publishing witness accounts before an arrest or trial. It could prejudice the jury pool. Coy may have been told to back off by the authorities.

Last night he (Coy) promised (on FB ) to publish late this morning.

As of 10 minutes ago, he still hadn't.

He is however, doing a decent job at keeping Hannah's name in the public eye.

In the press conference on Sunday they were asked if they had additional video. They did not say they did or didn't. But they said they have her with him after they left the tempo restaurant.

If you read the article from Huffington Post the tweeter posted, it doesn't say that they are now searching her apartment (at least I couldn't find that info in the article). I would think LE have had access to her things since Sunday the 14th. jmo

Early on it was reported that police were looking at her computer and had entered her apartment in an effort to gather information. Sorry, I don't have a link. My guess is this re-visit is to ensure they got everything they needed the first go round, and now that forensics have been returned, they may have further guidance on what exactly they need to focus on in order to build a strong case for conviction. JMO

BBM

It's a huge development if you take a very small fact and turn it into a very large conclusion. Please stop.

FYI: It's against TOS to tell people how to post. Hope this helps. Respectfully.

In the press conference on Sunday they were asked if they had additional video. They did not say they did or didn't. But they said they have her with him after they left the tempo restaurant.

MSM said they have video of them together after they left Tempo.

They specifically said they do not have that video and that the last accounts of them together were them leaving the bar. .

I don't have a link, but my memory from the presser before last night was the Chief said they had....not sure how he worded it.....but he indicated they'd been seen together after they left Tempo. He worded it in a way that I wasn't sure if it was eye witness or video. He may not even have said seen. I remember thinking it was a very ambiguous way to word it. I'll look it up later.

Welcome! This has all certainly crossed my mind, but if I apply occam's razor (simplest answer is most likely):
JM clearly sought HG out (video evidence)
Witnesses place him as the last known person with her before she disappeared
He is now currently breaking the law by running from his arrest warrant.

To me, while possible he did nothing, it seems much more complicated to assume that he TRIED to get her to leave with him, failed, and then she met an unfortunate fate with yet another unidentified person. The simplest solution, particularly given the fact that LE has enough evidence--without JM answering any questions, even--for a judge to sign off on an arrest warrant, is that he is guilty of a crime.

Not really. All that is needed for a warrant is probable cause, and that is not a very high bar to meet.

An arrest warrant could be as simple as them thinking he might be involved and that he intended to flee or otherwise evade them. They have already presented those two elements in their public announcements and it is probably the basis for them getting the warrant.

So in other words a bunch of Internet people wasted LE manpower to the point where a press release had to be made telling everyone to knock it off...
Lol. Knock it off and get back to work (as in my case) [emoji6]

Having sex with someone who is intoxicated is not a crime, having sex with someone who is incapacitated is. There is a common misbelief that consent cannot be given if intoxicated, but the standard is actually the level of incapacitation. If someone is unconscious or falling down drunk then they would be regarded as incapable of consent, simply being drunk in itself does not mean you can't consent. Also, being drunk is not a defense for your personal actions, so if you are extremely drunk and pursued the sexual activity yourself (and there is evidence of this) you would not be able to claim lack of consent on your part since you would be the one doing the assaulting.

Yes, thank you, I should have used incapacitated, but unfortunately, in cases where this is an issue to their is no clear distinguishing point of being too intoxicated to consent whereas other alcohol related crimes rely on BAC. In this case, I think being drunk to the point friends noticed and then disorientated and lost shows she wasn't capable of making safe choices. JMO.

This is what I was referencing in my post regarding them being together after Tempo. I too remember this from the presser on Sunday because it caught my attention more than anything else that was said.

ALL MOO - but a thought I had as to why Coy is reporting things incorrectly or prematurely.

He reported before anyone that the surveillance video showed HG walking with a woman (Tweet was later removed). This was sent out by him very shortly after the press conference that showed the McGrady's and Shell footage and Longo had said they were working on additional footage. I'm quite certain he has a friend at the police station feeding him inside info and he is reporting it prematurely and in some cases, perhaps irresponsibly. Perhaps this insider friend also texted him saying "Guess who just came into the police station and asked for a lawyer!?" (meaning JM). He wrongly assumed that he was "turning himself in" and tweeted the "breaking news" wrongly.

BBM. Interesting that JM's neighbors saw a white woman there on saturday I think but said she did not meet the description of HG.

You must have missed this part: "Your discussions are making a difference and are helping with this investigation."

Not really. All that is needed for a warrant is probable cause, and that is not a very high bar to meet.

An arrest warrant could be as simple as them thinking he might be involved and that he intended to flee or otherwise evade them. They have already presented those two elements in their public announcements and it is probably the basis for them getting the warrant.

No, I disagree. You need some piece of evidence linking that person to that crime. Them being together is not enough. They have something. No decent Magistrate would issue the warrant on just them being together.

You must have missed this part: "Your discussions are making a difference and are helping with this investigation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445