VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a UVA nursing student and I've spoken to a couple of classmates about this situation. A lot of them work as PCAs in the hospital and have interacted with JM. Two of them ran into him as they were clocking out for work and he creepily invited them for drinks. These girls are 21 years old at most. JM also asked for one of the girl's last name since her badge was always facing the other way (probably for a good reason!). Let me know if you have any questions about UVA life. I will say have a lot of mutual friends with Hannah, though I have never met the girl. The mood hasn't really been the same on grounds since her disappearance.

In the press conference on Sunday they were asked if they had additional video. They did not say they did or didn't. But they said they have her with him after they left the tempo restaurant.

Yes that's how I remember it too. Of course most people then took it as a fact that they had video but that's not how he answered the question.

I questioned the appropriateness of publishing witness accounts before an arrest or trial. It could prejudice the jury pool. Coy may have been told to back off by the authorities.

Perhaps most importantly, smear a witness for talking to the "tabloids/infotainment" folks prior to trial.

I do hope all the witnesses will stay away from the media myself. Especially the minors. I'm more interested in that if they are needed by LE for trial/substantiation etc. that their names aren't splashed out there. It doesn't bode well for a witness to be talking to media once trial hits iykwim.

:moo:

MSM has false information all over the place. Chief Longo specifically said there is no video. Some MSM says JM sped of recklessly after leaving the police station. Chief Longo specifically said it was 15 minutes after leaving near the county line. There are like 20 more examples of MSM having conflicting reports.

Which is why I think the MSM should be considered a tertiary source, secondary at best.

The police aren't going to share exactly what they do or don't have at this point. They obviously think that JM abducted Hannah. They've found something that a magistrate believes is enough to issue an arrest warrant. I don't know what JM has or hasn't done but I think that LE are working around the clock to solve this case.

What you are saying sounds reasonable but there are others who are so certain that he's guilty that they've taken to belittling the very idea that he may be innocent. That's what's causing contention.

I dont think thats whats causing contention at all. I think that whats causing contention is the fact that people are defending this so vehemently in the first place.

Its disrespectful to Hannah and her family and runs counter to the very reason this forum was started IMO.

Can you imagine her family having to read a page long defense of the person suspected of abducting and defiling their daughter and how horrific that must be for them?

This case is drawing a high level of attention to the forums with almost 500 people viewing this thread right now...and its not lost on some of us that some of the loudest voices in JLM's defense have a join date of September 2014 and very well could be friends and/or family members.

Thats not to say that new members shouldn't have a voice or be allowed to make contributions but the timing is suspect to say the very least.

This isnt a Rights for the Accused forum.

Its Web Sleuths and many of take a lot of pride in the fact that weve helped make a difference in missing persons, John or Jane Doe and unsolved murder cases.

Those who take pride in defending the kind of monsters who are responsible for these cases are seriously confused and in need of a mental health professional IMO.

I'm a UVA nursing student and I've spoken to a couple of classmates about this situation. A lot of them work as PCAs in the hospital and have interacted with JM. Two of them ran into him as they were clocking out for work and he creepily invited them for drinks. These girls are 21 years old at most. JM also asked for one of the girl's last name since her badge was always facing the other way (probably for a good reason!). Let me know if you have any questions about UVA life. I will say have a lot of mutual friends with Hannah, though I have never met the girl. The mood hasn't really been the same on grounds since her disappearance.

I am hoping your classmates have spoken to the authorities?

The point still stands that they may have the evidence though, and the detective did say the other day that they had something that put JM together with Hannah after they had been to the Tempo.

Again, if you are following the conversation I was having, this was my point:

A lot of us are very aware they don't have to release evidence to the public. That doesn't mean we haven't seen it before however. We do know that they don't have video or eyewitness evidence of JM and HG in the car together. And without knowing what kind of forensics led to the recent charges, we are still waiting to jump off the fence. LE does not want to chase the wrong perp...but LE has done that in the past, so you can't rule anything out.

So yes, they very well MAY have other evidence. They clearly have forensic evidence that we aren't privy to. I have never disputed that at all. HOWEVER, in reference to why some of us are hesitant to jump off the fence, we are going by what we DO know. I have no problem explaining my comments, but please don't take a conversation I am having about one point (why we aren't jumping off the fence) to make it look like I don't believe they have other evidence. That is inaccurate. I quote every thing I reply to so that makes it pretty easy to follow where I am coming from.

JM may just be thinking about himself right now. There are a lot of people who think about them selves nearly completely. The thing is, it's not going to be an easy thing for JM when he does turn himself in.....

And he isn't going to get any reward for giving any information up about Hannah. He might be worse off if he does. In fact, I would be surprised if his attorney doesn't tell him to just keep his mouth shut. He would be better off if they do not find Hannah (especially if she is dead and traces of JM are on her)..... I don't think he was thinking clearly. Or he isn't smart at all. Or was on something. He had to know that he could be traced to her.

If there is a chance she is alive, if he just dumped her off somewhere, he should say, but I think he knows she's dead, and if she is found, the case against him will be stronger. No advantage to him to say anything.

Snipped for length. But ditto. I think this is the unfortunate situation.

I believe police got that info from witnesses at Tempo that saw Jesse and Hannah leave together.

The point still stands that they may have the evidence though, and the detective did say the other day that they had something that put JM together with Hannah after they had been to the Tempo.

Would Hannah, just starting her 2nd year at UVA, have been doing any sort of clinical experiences that would have put her into contact w/ JM?

I'm still thinking perhaps Hannah died accidentally (reaction from a date rape drug, vomited and choked on it) and JM freaked out.

For what it's worth, I also think this is a distinct possibility. It's what my gut has been saying... and when JM went to the police station voluntarily last week, I felt like that behavior corroborated the idea. I do not think he is innocent, and I do think it's likely he was preying on her in the sense of taking advantage of an intoxicated younger girl, but I do not think this was an intentional murder. Of course I could be totally wrong, but this is my gut feeling. Perhaps I am an optimist and would rather believe that something like this is a terrible accident rather than believe the worst of people.

One other thing I am surprised no one mentioned: folks have been commenting on Longo's subdued attitude at the press conference, and how he didn't mention HG until the end. My assumption is that he was behaving that way because he was so pissed that the wanted poster had been released seconds before his PC began. Almost the first thing he said was that HE wanted to be the one to tell everyone this. I felt liek his behavior was more due to the fact that he was processing that, than anything else. Again, just my opinion :)

Lets see. Suppose HG never goes missing. She hooks up with JM & is seen walking with his arm around her. Later their seen in a bar together. DNA is found in his apartment. Maybe even some of her clothing is found in his apartment. Also, maybe some of her DNA is found in his car. This scenario plays out every day. Nothing suspicious about this.
Are we supposing "date rape"? Because otherwise if she never went missing, why even collect DNA? Because that scenario is very plausible. So then I can push my imagination a wee but further to theorize that he killed her to cover up his transgression. But I am a. Evidence junky and I will wait impatiently for the trial. Sigh

Bringing this forward again..
CBS 6 WTVR Richmond ‏@CBS6 1m
RT @MelissaCBS6: Detective: We do have video of #HannahGraham and Matthew together after they left Tempo restaurant@CBS6

I stand corrected in all of the posts where I said that LE did NOT have video of Hannah and JM together after they left Tempo. I'd read that there were no cameras there and that it was a eye witness reports given to LE that put the at Temp and leaving it together.

But I don't think this changes anything as the eyewitness statements already put the at Tempo and leaving it together. If they have anything else, like the two of them getting into JM's car together, that would explain why the Search warrent was gotten for that car. WHat were grounds for search warrent for JM"s car?

Whatever evidence they do have, it would still only support their interpretation of events. LE was not there whenever what happened to HG happened. They can only speculate and do their best to prove their case. That is all. So, charges being filed don't mean JM absolutely without a fact kidnapped HG. It only means that LE believes that is what happened and believes their evidence supports that. That is the whole reason we have trials.

BBM. And I never said that. In fact, I believe I was quite clear to state just the opposite. Also, no need to be condescending. We're all perfectly aware of why we have trials.

They have footage of the car leaving, but can't determine who is in it.

Do they have footage of the car leaving or just footage of the car at some point after Tempo? I was under the impression that it was the latter, but that could be wrong.

Thanks,Why would he want to know her last name.Sounds creepy.My prayers are with all of you and I hope she is found today.

BBM. And I never said that. In fact, I believe I was quite clear to state just the opposite. Also, no need to be condescending. We're all perfectly aware of why we have trials.

This was not in reply to you, if you follow the quote it was in reply to someone else. I am unsure why you think it was to you.

Rick Boone ‏@RickBooneFOX5DC 6m

BREAKING:The Atty for Suspect James Camblos talks about Jesse Matthew. #HannahGraham @fox5newsdc pic.twitter.com/F6Qs429lqs

Camblos told WUSA9's Peggy Fox that he spoke with Matthew but he wouldn't say if he knows Matthew's whereabouts.

(I guess this is a no news update :giggle:?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshy