VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking way ahead here...I follow another case that created a media frenzy (mostly in the immediate area) for Heather Elvis...the lawyers got the judge to issue a gag order when some of the early evidence was being reported. It was tough for the public (and web sleuthers) not hearing any new info. I think I'm just preparing myself for a similar situation.

I believe I heard the car leaving. It wouldn't leave Tempo and then go to another place in the mall, as far as I am aware. So I do believe they have footage of it leaving. And separately footage of the two after Tempo.

OK. Here's my thoughts on it:

*If they had footage of the car leaving, i.e. driving off from where it was parked, it would seem more than probable that they also would know how many people/who got into the car.
*If they had footage of the car driving at a different location, then they would have an indication of where it was/headed to at that point.

Neither of these two possibilities fit with what has been said so far. For possibility 1, they have said that they don't know who was in the car. For possibility 2, I would think they would have mentioned something about the location and direction because that would be important to gathering other leads.

So I don't know what to believe.

Nothing that you know of. I am sure they have more than enough evidence to justify the arrest warrant.
What evidence do you think they have that establishes probable cause for intent to defile? (not just evidence or forensic evidence, but evidence of a crime?)

Can you list some likely examples?

Otherwise, is your confidence based solely on your belief in the integrity and procedures of LE?

Actually, a good lawyer would not say anything unless explicitly authorized and directed by their client to do so.

It sounds like relatively good news that JM has a lawyer at least. Says to me that he's not completely MIA. Makes me think he won't be gone for long.

Hannah is not a nursing student, but you don't start clinical until 2nd year 2nd semester anyway. I don't know if she volunteered at the hospital, but you generally don't have contact with patient transporters.

What is the sentiment at UVA MC about JM? Disbelief? Or yeah, I could see this happening?

Thanks,Why would he want to know her last name.Sounds creepy.My prayers are with all of you and I hope she is found today.

Probably so she would be easier to track down on social media.

UVA students generally do not hang out with "townies." I know tinder is big around here, so it is possible they could've met on there, but I think that's unlikely. UVA students are sort of in a bubble, which is probably why Hannah felt fine walking home from the party alone without her male friend. The part I find sketchy is her walking all around to the downtown mall. Students usually take the trolley or don't even attempt to go there, especially alone.

lol, I guess you can only expect as much from a lawyer. My guess is that he is in contact with him, but probably doesn't know specifically.

Any legal folks around? I understand the lawyer/client confidentiality thing, but if there is a suspect on the loose who is dangerous to the public, does the lawyer have to come forward if he knows his whereabouts?

I'm a UVA nursing student and I've spoken to a couple of classmates about this situation. A lot of them work as PCAs in the hospital and have interacted with JM. Two of them ran into him as they were clocking out for work and he creepily invited them for drinks. These girls are 21 years old at most. JM also asked for one of the girl's last name since her badge was always facing the other way (probably for a good reason!). Let me know if you have any questions about UVA life. I will say have a lot of mutual friends with Hannah, though I have never met the girl. The mood hasn't really been the same on grounds since her disappearance.

Welcome to WS UVA2015
:welcome: :wagon:
Glad you joined us.

I could swear at one of the pressers a reporter asked if there was video of Hannah leaving in JM's car and the other guy, not Longo, said something along the lines of "I can't comment on that." All I know is that I got the impression they had something putting her in the car but they weren't saying. Maybe it wasn't video, maybe it was only eyewitnesses, but they skirted the issue like many others.

They are playing this close to the vest, maybe because the FBI is involved, or maybe because they don't want to give JM's future legal team anything before they have to, but I'm pretty good are reading between the lines and picking up on what is not being said (maybe because I've been married over 30 years & have 3 children) but I believe they have much more than they're letting on.

I'm not all gung-ho in JM being guilty. When I see his pictures I feel sorry for him. He looks nice, I think he's cute. He reminds me of my son in a lot of ways and I know my son is a good kid. But, I also know it only takes a split second for something to go wrong and change your life forever. I think that's what may have happened here. I don't think JM intended to harm Hannah, but that's not the same thing as not believing he may have actually harmed Hannah.

I don't think so. If they are not releasing information on evidence they have, they would equally well not be releasing information on evidence they don't have. They are flip sides of the same thing. Both types of questions would get a "no comment" response, since the whole point of all that is to not let reporters be able to guess what they do and don't know. If you tell reporters what you don't know, then what you don't tell them would obviously be what you do know. So they would respond in both circumstances as "no comment" to prevent that from happening.

Asking someone out for a drink isn't creepy in and of itself. Could you be more specific? Did they feel an orderly was perhaps beneath them? Would it have been less creepy had he been z Doctor? Im not defending him. My gut tells me he is not innocent of her disappearance, but he said she said accounts of his character dont help. Sorry if I offend, but since this story broke hindsight can be 20/20 and people come forward and say all sorts of things.

When I was in college I would have TOTALLY thought it was creepy if a 32 year old asked me and my friends out for drinks.

Regarding the class issue, I would have found it even *creepier* if it had been a doctor ~ lots of women are eager to date doctors, so why hit on young college girls? Eww.

Lets see. Suppose HG never goes missing. She hooks up with JM & is seen walking with his arm around her. Later their seen in a bar together. DNA is found in his apartment. Maybe even some of her clothing is found in his apartment. Also, maybe some of her DNA is found in his car. This scenario plays out every day. Nothing suspicious about this.

But she does go missing. That's the point. That is in fact very suspicious.

Any legal folks around? I understand the lawyer/patient confidentiality thing, but if there is a suspect on the loose who is dangerous to the public, does the lawyer have to come forward if he knows his whereabouts?

Yes. You can't hide your client, you're ethically bound to not help your client commit a crime. This doesn't include info about past crimes, you just can't help them commit crimes

I dont think thats whats causing contention at all. I think that whats causing contention is the fact that people are defending this so vehemently in the first place.

Its disrespectful to Hannah and her family and runs counter to the very reason this forum was started IMO.

Can you imagine her family having to read a page long defense of the person suspected of abducting and defiling their daughter and how horrific that must be for them?

This case is drawing a high level of attention to the forums with almost 500 people viewing this thread right now...and its not lost on some of us that some of the loudest voices in his defense have a join date of September 2014 and very well could be friends and/or family members of JLM.

Thats not to say that new members shouldn't have a voice or be allowed to make contributions but the timing is suspect to say the very least.

This isnt a Rights for the Accused forum. Its Web Sleuths and many of take a lot of pride in the fact that weve helped make a difference in missing persons, John or Jane Doe and unsolved murder cases.

I don't think anyone is defending JM, they are defending some of the principals this country is founded on such as innocent until proven guilty and a right to due process. So I have not seen one person in all the threads defend this person, just the legal process.

OK. Here's my thoughts on it:

*If they had footage of the car leaving, i.e. driving off from where it was parked, it would seem more than probable that they also would know how many people/who got into the car.
*If they had footage of the car driving at a different location, then they would have an indication of where it was/headed to at that point.

Neither of these two possibilities fit with what has been said so far. For possibility 1, they have said that they don't know who was in the car. For possibility 2, I would think they would have mentioned something about the location and direction because that would be important to gathering other leads.

So I don't know what to believe.

I agree. For possibility #1, I would have figured they would have at least said "We can see 2 people, but don't know who". And maybe they have! If someone has a link to anything like that, please share.

BBM - This is why I just haven't jumped off the fence yet lol.

Snipped for length. But ditto. I think this is the unfortunate situation.

Also, it is very unlikely, Imo, that JM has access to another house, etc. where he could "stash" a live person. Not even sure he has any place to live, if he moved out and owed rent money, which I believe his landlady said he did. This case, if it was JM who last saw her alive, seems a classic sexual assault turned murder. Jmo

Ps, is this "Coy" even MSM? Does he work for a news outlet?

How is it disrespectful to Hannah to want the CORRECT person caught?

If JLM isnt the correct person then hes the most likely suspect at this point. And much of that is from his own actions.

That alone should tell you something.

He had plenty of opportunity to clear himself or at the very least speak with police, yet he chose to run.

Until another, better, suspect comes forward, hes at the very least guilty of impeding this investigating and that shouldnt be acceptable by anyones standards, no matter how low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98