VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we post things that we've heard through a "friend of a friend?"
No, that would be considered rumor. Sorry.

ETA: Members who see rumors posted in threads are expected to ALERT on them. If you're not alerting, you're part of the problem. Making jokes about rumors is neither amusing, nor helpful to the discussion.

OK. Here's my thoughts on it:

*If they had footage of the car leaving, i.e. driving off from where it was parked, it would seem more than probable that they also would know how many people/who got into the car.
*If they had footage of the car driving at a different location, then they would have an indication of where it was/headed to at that point.

Neither of these two possibilities fit with what has been said so far. For possibility 1, they have said that they don't know who was in the car. For possibility 2, I would think they would have mentioned something about the location and direction because that would be important to gathering other leads.

So I don't know what to believe.

They wouldn't necessarily see two people. Especially if Hannah had another drink.

I went out and now I'm back and here we are! Nothing new released, I'm assuming. I can't believe his lawyer hasn't convinced him to turn himself in. Man!

I respectfully disagree about her not being familiar/going to the downtown mall. Everyone I knew went or had been at some point. Maybe that was just my friends? She just doesn't seem like the never leave grounds type. She seems worldly and like she likes to explore. She is also a runner. JMO.
Yes and she even tweeted about running 5 miles. Could have run in that area for sure.

If JLM isnt the correct person then hes the most likely suspect at this point. And much of that is from his own actions.

That alone should tell you something.

He had plenty of opportunity to clear himself or at the very least speak with police, yet he chose to run.

Until another, better, suspect comes forward, hes at the very least guilty of impeding this investigating and that shouldnt be acceptable by anyones standards, no matter how low.

Nobody appears to be looking for any other suspects. They don't just "come forward" on their own.

It's not that I don't think they should suspect JM. I do - because he was the last person seen with her. But considering the lack of evidence up until a whole week after she disappeared I believe they should be considering other options as well.

UVA2015, have you gone to authorities? They need to know this. You have a moral obligation to get your friends to talk to authorities.

It's not allowed to ask co-workers to join you for drinks as you clock out? Those women are 21 years old, they are legal to drink and certainly adults. I don't see a thing wrong with that. A lot of the nurses I know met their future husbands that way.

Jmo, I am not the one you asked, but all I can think of is some sort of a rape kit, i,e rope. duct tape, maybe a knife?

But I am still curious about the law against unmarried people having sex in Virgina. Do any natives know if it has ever been used/charged? I know it is not a felony, but VA is the only state where I have seen the term "defile" used, especially twice within a year, so I wonder if any evidence that he hoped or planned to have sex is a crime anyway. I doubt it is applicanle here, since he is charged with felonies, just curious.

http://www.dumblaws.com

For a good laugh.

When I was in college I would have TOTALLY thought it was creepy if a 32 year old asked me and my friends out for drinks.

Regarding the class issue, I would have found it even *creepier* if it had been a doctor ~ lots of women are eager to date doctors, so why hit on young college girls? Eww.

I definitely wouldn't think at that age I, someone older inviting me for drinks was weird.

UVA2015, have you gone to authorities? They need to know this. You have a moral obligation to get your friends to talk to authorities.

I think I'm confused at how it would be a moral obligation to tell the police who have their hands tied that someone asked them out for drinks on the night Hannah disappeared.

I want justice as much as the next person but the focus should be on where Hannah is or IF JM took her where he would've left her.

Sent from my iPhone

Respectfully totally disagree. They have a warrant out- they have every legal right to bring him in. No reason they wouldn't. Imo.

Exactly. That's the whole reason they had the warrant for reckless driving. It wasn't to issue him a $200 ticket for speeding and send him on his way. It was just a tool to bring him in to the police station.

Would Hannah, just starting her 2nd year at UVA, have been doing any sort of clinical experiences that would have put her into contact w/ JM?

I have wondered the same. Even if she just recognized him from the Hospital she may have felt a level of comfort.
ETA-just saw the post that Hannah was not a Nursing Student

This is hard to say, but I think if he is guilty of what would be the worst that could have happened, then decomposition would lessen the evidence perhaps?I mean, if it was an unfortunate accident, it would have been to his advantage to come forward sooner to confirm.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 5m
Police: First round of forensic lab results from search of #JesseMatthew property are in. No further comment from Chief #HannahGraham

https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews

Interesting. First round? Then the "abduction with intent to defile" charge filed last night was not due from any forensic finds? Did they come up with anything new or did Longo just talk the DA into filing this charge?

I respectfully disagree about her not being familiar/going to the downtown mall. Everyone I knew went or had been at some point. Maybe that was just my friends? She just doesn't seem like the never leave grounds type. She seems worldly and like she likes to explore. She is also a runner. JMO.

People may be divided on this. I agree with aHoo though. I not only grew up in Cville, but also went to UVa. My knowledge/connection with the Downtown Mall was only because of pre-UVa experiences, and post-UVa experiences. My 4 years attending UVa were essentially "Downtown Mall-less" ;) The culture of UVa as an undergrad is very insulated from the rest of the town. Downtown Mall is considered the "rest of the town". Doesn't mean an undergrad wouldn't venture out there a few times, but from my personal experience (which I personally find relevant, whether others do not), an undergrad would not have the Downtown Mall as a typical weekend destination.

I've said before, that only in my humble and clearly-not-necessarily-factual opinion (argh, that gets tiring to say!), I believe it's very possible drugs were a motivation for her trip to the DM at that hour. I don't believe, at that point, she was lost. I don't believe she was there just to party.

Like I said, if they did he would be in jail. They have nothing.

He will be in jail as soon as he turns himself in or they find him. It was stated yesterday (sorry, it was a tweet, I don't have a link) where Chief Longo confirmed that the forensic evidence collected provided the probable cause to issue the newest warrant. JMO

Jmo, I am not the one you asked, but all I can think of is some sort of a rape kit, i,e rope. duct tape, maybe a knife?

But I am still curious about the law against unmarried people having sex in Virgina. Do any natives know if it has ever been used/charged? I know it is not a felony, but VA is the only state where I have seen the term "defile" used, especially twice within a year, so I wonder if any evidence that he hoped or planned to have sex is a crime anyway. I doubt it is applicanle here, since he is charged with felonies, just curious.

I came across this interesting article from NBC in Feb. 2014 regarding the "Sex Outside of Marriage Law". http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/virginia-bill-decriminalize-sex-outside-marriage-stalls-n23516

Respectfully, how do you know LE isn't considering anyone else? Maybe no longer at this point but you don't know if they weren't investigating others and ruling them out. Just sayin'.

Nobody appears to be looking for any other suspects. They don't just "come forward" on their own.

It's not that I don't think they should suspect JM. I do - because he was the last person seen with her. But considering the lack of evidence up until a whole week after she disappeared I believe they should be considering other options as well.

Respectfully totally disagree. They have a warrant out- they have every legal right to bring him in. No reason they wouldn't. Imo.
But didnt the police watch him drive recklessly and not pull him over? If they thought he was endangering passengers, they would have pulled him over. Has he even been charged with fleeing from the cops while driving?

I think if they actually wanted him in jail for reckless driving, they would have caught him right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677