VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UVA2015, have you gone to authorities? They need to know this. You have a moral obligation to get your friends to talk to authorities.

I'm a UVA nursing student and I've spoken to a couple of classmates about this situation. A lot of them work as PCAs in the hospital and have interacted with JM. Two of them ran into him as they were clocking out for work and he creepily invited them for drinks. These girls are 21 years old at most. JM also asked for one of the girl's last name since her badge was always facing the other way (probably for a good reason!). Let me know if you have any questions about UVA life. I will say have a lot of mutual friends with Hannah, though I have never met the girl. The mood hasn't really been the same on grounds since her disappearance.

Does anybody have any ideas why she would walk around the Mall.
Probably so she would be easier to track down on social media.

UVA students generally do not hang out with "townies." I know tinder is big around here, so it is possible they could've met on there, but I think that's unlikely. UVA students are sort of in a bubble, which is probably why Hannah felt fine walking home from the party alone without her male friend. The part I find sketchy is her walking all around to the downtown mall. Students usually take the trolley or don't even attempt to go there, especially alone.

Can we post things that we've heard through a "friend of a friend?"

I graduated from UVA, and I can say that it would not be at all unusual for a student to have been at UVA for an entire year and never have visited the downtown mall. UVA has a pervasive party culture, and all of this centers on Grounds, so while a first-year student may have heard of the downtown mall, it's entirely possible that a first-year would not have actually been there. I think I only went to the downtown mall once before I graduated from UVA, and that was for a very special restaurant.

UVA Glossary:

Grounds - this is the proper term for what other colleges call "campus."

First-Year, Second-Year, Third-Year, Fourth-Year - these are the adjectives that correspond to what other colleges term freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior

What is your opinion? Do you think she thought she was still heading in the right direction to get to that party once she was on the mall? Also, do you think she could have continued walking until she found a free trolley stop that would have carried her back to her apartment area?

When I was in college I would have TOTALLY thought it was creepy if a 32 year old asked me and my friends out for drinks.

Regarding the class issue, I would have found it even *creepier* if it had been a doctor ~ lots of women are eager to date doctors, so why hit on young college girls? Eww.
I can see it from that point of view I guess. Just feel funny about people putting those characterizations out there. Just trying to see all sides.

What evidence do you think they have that establishes probable cause for intent to defile? (not just evidence or forensic evidence, but evidence of a crime?)
Can you list some likely examples?

I'm not the person you're quoting, but my suspicion is LE has texts he made to a friend about his intent, texts still on his phone. He could have been innocently joking (I remember guys acting this way and still see it online all the time), but considering all the other indicators (she's vanished, he's on video following/approaching her, he ran) it would seem to be pretty good cause.

When did LE get his phone anyway? I'm confused about that.

For some reason, I thought she was a nursing student. Read it somewhere, but don't recall where. What is she studying at UVA?

People are being nit picky but she is a nursing major. So granted yes she is taking the general educations requirements and prerequisites right now and next year is when the actual nursing courses start. Same difference IMO.

What evidence do you think they have that establishes probable cause for intent to defile? (not just evidence or forensic evidence, but evidence of a crime?)

Can you list some likely examples?

Otherwise, is your confidence based solely on your belief in the integrity and procedures of LE?

Jmo, I am not the one you asked, but all I can think of is some sort of a rape kit, i,e rope. duct tape, maybe a knife?

But I am still curious about the law against unmarried people having sex in Virgina. Do any natives know if it has ever been used/charged? I know it is not a felony, but VA is the only state where I have seen the term "defile" used, especially twice within a year, so I wonder if any evidence that he hoped or planned to have sex is a crime anyway. I doubt it is applicanle here, since he is charged with felonies, just curious.

If they could find him, he'd be in Jail.

He's going to Jail.

I dont believe for a second that they lost track of him. That would mean he could be with hannah right now, and the police nor fbi would have any idea. He could have driven from the police station straight to her body, and they wouldnt even know? Theres no way they dont know where he is.

Something doesnt add up about someone who could, presumably, hide a body from everyone, then go to the police and ask for a lawyer, then, with his car in police custody and his connections being watched, LOSE the cops and fbi.

He would have to be both a criminal mastermind AND an idiot.

I don't think anyone is defending JM, they are defending some of the principals this country is founded on such as innocent until proven guilty and a right to due process. So I have not seen one person in all the threads defend this person, just the legal process.
Couldn't have said it better fluffhead.!!!

Asking someone out for a drink isn't creepy in and of itself. Could you be more specific? Did they feel an orderly was perhaps beneath them? Would it have been less creepy had he been z Doctor? Im not defending him. My gut tells me he is not innocent of her disappearance, but he said she said accounts of his character dont help. Sorry if I offend, but since this story broke hindsight can be 20/20 and people come forward and say all sorts of things.

It's not about an "orderly" being beneath us. As a nursing student, I feel like the lowest of the totem pole in the hospital, so to speak. It is more about it being unwarranted since they maybe have had a two second encounter before, and of course the age difference. Hitting on women at work isn't really professional behavior, either.

I can see it from that point of view I guess. Just feel funny about people putting those characterizations out there. Just trying to see all sides.

When I was 18 I briefly dated a 36 year old lol. He was very respectable, nothing weird, we just didn't click. Nothing weird happened after that. I think for some people it is weird for someone over 30 to be dating a younger person, and for other people it means absolutely nothing. This is one of those things that will always be (as frustrating as that is) a matter of opinion.

Like I said, if they did he would be in jail. They have nothing.

If LE found him after that reckless driving warrent was released, he'd likely be in jail. They do not know where he is. They were tailing him when sped off, ditching his shadows. They were likely following him to stay close so that they could arrest him the instant a warrent was released. JM gave them the warrent he needed when he raced away but then they didn't have him in their sights anymore. LE was checking ID of anyone called in with JM's descriptions, and, yes, would have arrested JM if they'd caught him after the release of that first warrent.

They do have something. THey certainly have the reckless driving warrent, and they also now have the abduction with intent to defile warrent. When the get him, he'd be arrested, photoed and printed,,maybe put in a cell, arraigned, and without bond of some sort, or maybe no bond, be put in jail. He's in big trouble There is a good chance he will be in jail within 24 hours, likely sooner. His lawyer is probably negotiating how he's going to give himself up right now and then trying to coordinate it.

I respectfully disagree about her not being familiar/going to the downtown mall. Everyone I knew went or had been at some point. Maybe that was just my friends? She just doesn't seem like the never leave grounds type. She seems worldly and like she likes to explore. She is also a runner. JMO.

People are being nit picky but she is a nursing major. So granted yes she is taking the general educations requirements and prerequisites right now and next year is when the actual nursing courses start. Same difference IMO.

She is not in the nursing school. Nursing students are admitted into the school first year, not when nursing classes begin. She may be planning to transfer in, but that is not something any of us can be sure of.

Also, it is very unlikely, Imo, that JM has access to another house, etc. where he could "stash" a live person. Not even sure he has any place to live, if he moved out and owed rent money, which I believe his landlady said he did. This case, if it was JM who last saw her alive, seems a classic sexual assault turned murder. Jmo

Ps, is this "Coy" even MSM? Does he work for a news outlet?
I thought there was some kind of company listed in his name, and the address drops on a small very run down farm house somewhere close to charlottesville.

I hope these classmates have spoken to the police about their run in with him.

I'm a UVA nursing student and I've spoken to a couple of classmates about this situation. A lot of them work as PCAs in the hospital and have interacted with JM. Two of them ran into him as they were clocking out for work and he creepily invited them for drinks. These girls are 21 years old at most. JM also asked for one of the girl's last name since her badge was always facing the other way (probably for a good reason!). Let me know if you have any questions about UVA life. I will say have a lot of mutual friends with Hannah, though I have never met the girl. The mood hasn't really been the same on grounds since her disappearance.

I dont believe for a second that they lost track of him. That would mean he could be with hannah right now, and the police nor fbi would have any idea. He could have driven from the police station straight to her body, and they wouldnt even know? Theres no way they dont know where he is.

Respectfully totally disagree. They have a warrant out- they have every legal right to bring him in. No reason they wouldn't. Imo.

It's not about an "orderly" being beneath us. As a nursing student, I feel like the lowest of the totem pole in the hospital, so to speak. It is more about it being unwarranted since they maybe have had a two second encounter before, and of course the age difference. Hitting on women at work isn't really professional behavior, either.
I agree that I can see it from that point if view. My concern is just about putting characterizations out there that are hearsay. Sorry if I offended.

I'd assume that she is familiar with the downtown mall (as in, she knew what it was, she had been there before), but unlikely that she knew it well...and strange that she'd go there at night. It's not a place UVA students go at night.

(Re: the question about the trolley - it doesn't run at night. Plus, would be strange for her to walk from McGrady's to the mall to find a bus back to the 14th St. area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member