VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. So true. I feel like my opinion is swinging back and forth because of all these different interpretations. I would be an awful juror[emoji33]

No, you would be a great juror! You should be taking all different interpretations into account and only make your final judgement at the end when you have all the possible evidence in front of you. You'd be fine :D

Don't be confused. Just because evidence hasn't been made public, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. LE is under no obligation to let us (the public) know what they have. They've had probable cause for, is it 4 search warrants now? Also charges have been made for abduction. Does it all mean he is guilty? Not necessarily. We really do not know what they have, but they have something for it to have gone this far.
Agree and in VA you rarely hear about the evidence until trial. jmo

This is a very interesting question. I've been researching the HG case practically non-stop since she disappeared, and I don't recall her black pants/leggings being mentioned to the searchers in their instructions. To me, it's just as important to consider what the police is not saying, along with what they do say.

How do we know the police briefed the searchers?

bbm If that where the case he would be in jail now. jmo And I have come to the belief that if I were a witness to anything I may not say I was even there much less that I saw something for fear of being named as a suspect. jmo idk

Yet they didn't have enough to make an arrest when they knew where he was. That's going by the book/law. If they knew where he was IMO he would be in jail. Right now. IMO.

A lot of us are very aware they don't have to release evidence to the public. That doesn't mean we haven't seen it before however. We do know that they don't have video or eyewitness evidence of JM and HG in the car together. And without knowing what kind of forensics led to the recent charges, we are still waiting to jump off the fence. LE does not want to chase the wrong perp...but LE has done that in the past, so you can't rule anything out.

I could swear at one of the pressers a reporter asked if there was video of Hannah leaving in JM's car and the other guy, not Longo, said something along the lines of "I can't comment on that." All I know is that I got the impression they had something putting her in the car but they weren't saying. Maybe it wasn't video, maybe it was only eyewitnesses, but they skirted the issue like many others.

They are playing this close to the vest, maybe because the FBI is involved, or maybe because they don't want to give JM's future legal team anything before they have to, but I'm pretty good are reading between the lines and picking up on what is not being said (maybe because I've been married over 30 years & have 3 children) but I believe they have much more than they're letting on.

I'm not all gung-ho in JM being guilty. When I see his pictures I feel sorry for him. He looks nice, I think he's cute. He reminds me of my son in a lot of ways and I know my son is a good kid. But, I also know it only takes a split second for something to go wrong and change your life forever. I think that's what may have happened here. I don't think JM intended to harm Hannah, but that's not the same thing as not believing he may have actually harmed Hannah.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but she grew up and went to high school in one of the most diverse areas of Northern Virginia. The school she went to has a racial make-up that is only about 40% white and 45% black and hispanic. It's also a school and area that has multi-million dollar homes in Mount Vernon as well as a lot of public housing (off what we call the Rt. 1 corridor).

I mention this only to say that like most Virginians and especially those from Northern Virginia, the "racial and social divides" really don't exist as some people have indicated they do. Most people are extremely open-minded and we're all very used to the mix of people of all types/class/countries/backgrounds. People are people.

I doubt she had much of a thought about the guy's racial or socio-economic status and saw him (perhaps incorrectly) as just a friendly guy trying to help. It's not her being naive, it is what it is and just might explain why she wouldn't have had an alarm (as people shouldn't) that went off for interacting with someone different than her.
Absolutely True!!!

BBM - Can I get a link for that??

It was a live audio broadcast from Coy Barefoot yesterday, so unfortunately, no. He did say that he would publish today, not just the roughhousing incident, but interviews from several eye witnesses that evening who have already talked to LE, but not to anyone else in the media yet.

On the topic of dreads: Posters have asked why his hair color is different at the root then at the ends. JM has very tight dreads. The tighter the dreads, the longer the hair needs to be. So if we see his hair past his shoulders in dreads, it has actually grown at least down his back without dreads. Hair only grows a half inch per month. This tells me he likely has dreads weaved in, which is not uncommon. Anyway, when weaving synthetic hair, the color doesn't always match exactly to the natural hair color. This would explain why it looks unnatural. He would need to shave his head to get rid of them though, because they are completely knotted up with his natural hair.

That, or he once dyed his dreads a lighter color a while back and his roots have since grown out. Dyeing and dip-dyeing dreads is very common. He may not have done that either. The ends of my sister's hair are a lot lighter than the roots even though she's never colored her hair. Oh and when dreads are tightened, gel is used and also makes the roots appear darker and texture smoother.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I could swear at one of the pressers a reporter asked if there was video of Hannah leaving in JM's car and the other guy, not Longo, said something along the lines of "I can't comment on that." All I know is that I got the impression they had something putting her in the car but they weren't saying. Maybe it wasn't video, maybe it was only eyewitnesses, but they skirted the issue like many others.

They are playing this close to the vest, maybe because the FBI is involved, or maybe because they don't want to give JM's future legal team anything before they have to, but I'm pretty good are reading between the lines and picking up on what is not being said (maybe because I've been married over 30 years & have 3 children) but I believe they have much more than they're letting on.

I'm not all gung-ho in JM being guilty. When I see his pictures I feel sorry for him. He looks nice, I think he's cute. He reminds me of my son in a lot of ways and I know my son is a good kid. But, I also know it only takes a split second for something to go wrong and change your life forever. I think that's what may have happened here. I don't think JM intended to harm Hannah, but that's not the same as believing he may have actually harmed Hannah.

There have been several clarifications that no, they do not have video of them in the car together and they were asking for eyewitness accounts. This has been released both on social media and during later press conferences.

A lot of us are very aware they don't have to release evidence to the public. That doesn't mean we haven't seen it before however. We do know that they don't have video or eyewitness evidence of JM and HG in the car together. And without knowing what kind of forensics led to the recent charges, we are still waiting to jump off the fence. LE does not want to chase the wrong perp...but LE has done that in the past, so you can't rule anything out.

We do not know what additional video they have or if any witnesses have since come forward. Statistically speaking, I don't think the %'s of them putting as much time and energy chasing the wrong perp would be a high number. Remember a few things, the FBI is involved in this case, they obtained a search warrant for his car and then went on to obtain one for his apartment. Am I saying he is stone cold guilty...no...what I will say is that based on his behavior and that of LE he does not appear to be innocent. If he was I think his lawyer would be with him speaking to police.

Really? Where do you get that idea? What do you suggest LE do to prove that theory? I am not saying it is impossible, because, yes, it is possible, but it's such a specific event you think happened.

It is a possibility. Inebriated persons have choked and aspirated on their own vomitus in the past.

Yeah, But I've been feeling bit cynical about Coy since Saturday when he pulled a similar stunt: tweeted that he was working frantically & would be publishing new revelations... They never appeared either.

I *do* feel it's possible that the media may have been asked by LE to "keep quiet" on some aspects of the case, & wonder why. JMO

Was he the reporter that tweeted that arrangements were being made for JM to turn himself in on Sunday? Which was false?

Do we know she had them on?

bbm Maybe she went Commando

Nope, I have no idea if she normally wore panties or not, or what kind she might have worn if she wore them. BUT, her pants are missing as well and searchers weren't asked to look for those!! Which leads me to believe that it's possible LE has possession of those pants. But I don't know that as a fact!!

It was a live audio broadcast from Coy Barefoot yesterday, so unfortunately, no. He did say that he would publish today, not just the roughhousing incident, but interviews from several eye witnesses that evening who have already talked to LE, but not to anyone else in the media yet.

Did he say who his source was?

Wasn't this the person who said JM was in negotiations to turn himself in? That kept us up for hours waiting until Parker finally said no, that wasn't happening? I'd hold your horses on that one lol.

Nope, I have no idea if she normally wore panties or not, or what kind she might have worn if she wore them. BUT, her pants are missing as well and searchers weren't asked to look for those!! Which leads me to believe that it's possible LE has possession of those pants. But I don't know that as a fact!!

I believe searchers were asked to look for any clothing, shoes, and her iphone with pink case.

We do not know what additional video they have or if any witnesses have since come forward. Statistically speaking, I don't think the %'s of them putting as much time and energy chasing the wrong perp would be a high number. Remember a few things, the FBI is involved in this case, they obtained a search warrant for his car and then went on to obtain one for his apartment. Am I saying he is stone cold guilty...no...what I will say is that based on his behavior and that of LE he does not appear to be innocent. If he was I think his lawyer would be with him speaking to police.

They specifically said they do not have that video and that the last accounts of them together were them leaving the bar.

I love that people have different opinions on things, but I really hope everyone is doing their best to keep up on the facts here.

I find it odd that no eyewitnesses--either on or off the record--have come forward claiming they saw Jesse and Hannah at the Tempo bar/restaurant that night.

Supposedly COY BAREFOOT was to publish an article today about interviews he had with people who saw her at Tempo with Matthew.........he went on and on about it yesterday on his radio show to hype it but I still have not seen it. His show is on InsideC'ville at 4pm...............but as I said I have not seen this "article". Perhaps LE asked him not to publish???? I am confused. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3