VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a twitter picture of his arrest in Galveston....news conf 3 in texas.jpg

Va to Texas in 4 days?

Ive made that drive before and 4 days is pushing it, especially if he was alone.

IMO hes not only guilty but scared as hell.

He was camping in a tent on the beach. Someone called it in to police as suspicious. The deputy ran the tags and they came back "hot".

Sounds like he knew he was at the "end of the road"...JMO

I lived in Houston all my life and it is definitely considered an island. There is only one way to get to Galveston and that is by a bridge that carries you over water. You don't have to load your car on a ferry for it to be an island.

I know it's technically an island, but it's super easily connected to the land and not considered an island in a "no one will suspect me on an island!!!" way as mentioned. It's not some weird little obscure island that people would feel safe on or that law enforcement would think no one would go to. People are saying that law enforcement would not expect someone to be on an island like they're talking about the bahamas or something--- galveston is just an easy car ride.

If you are telling me that Jesse Matthew is guilty of abduction and murder based on the evidence presented thus far........I'd put him up at my place during his entire trial and sleep like a baby every night.

Say what???

I come from a family that includes a convicted killer. It was a crime that was terrible. He made an awful mistake that ruined many lives. But he manned up because there was a part of him that was human. I hope this is the case of Jesse did it. That he comes clean for the family. And himself. So many people say they know him to be decent and good. Let's see.

I think if any state could convince JM to talk, it would be Texas. Let him sit there a while.

When the plates came back as hot does it say why the plates are hot? Would the arresting officer know who he was arresting during the arrest? I'm assuming he would.

Take it from someone who has crossed over the border to Mexico quite a few times. He would most likely NOT need his passport going into Mexico. He would need it coming back. I say this because the Mexican Border Patrol very rarely checks passports. They waive you in :)
This is a relatively recent development thanks to WHTI, the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. I had to look this up because I've been to Mexico literally dozens of times and I never once had to show a passport - either on entry or on exit. But I traveled between roughly 1980 and 2000, and WHTI was not in effect at that time.

The new WHTI passport requirements for US citizens were phased in over time - air travelers needed to present a passport or passport card beginning in 2007 while those traveling back to the US by land or sea had to provide such documentation beginning in June 2009.
source: http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryrequirements/f/need_passport.htm

There are innocent people convicted every single day in our lovely country. I want to see the evidence before I make an opinion about what the police have or do not have. C-ville is on edge and Longo is in the hot seat due to the number of missing girls from the area in a relatively short period of time. That is hysteria. I am sorry. I respectfully disagree. I like crimes solved in truth not on b.s. and then we find out years later the whole thing was botched and nasty people still on the loose.

I was referring to the poster that thought a citizen who mistakenly alerted the police to a JM look-alike and thought that was "hysteria". I was not commenting on the actions of Longo but you won't be surprised to know that I respectfully disagree with you about him, too. There are MANY more cases where the killer is caught, prosecuted, and convicted. (see my profile).

Va to Texas in 4 days?

Ive made that drive before and 4 days is pushing it, especially if he was alone.

What do you mean by pushing it? Taking a long time?

Va to Texas in 4 days?

I've made almost that exact drive alone in two days easily several times. I've made it in under 24 hours driving straight through, as well.

The Commonwealth Attorney issued a statement this morning addressing rumors that he was connected to other cases- he said not. I'll see if I can find it again.
Here is one report on it - http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/nel...hew-has-no-connection-to-murphy-case/28223472
They did say he was not linked to the case perpetrated by Randy Taylor against one young woman. RT has been linked to another missing teen. I have not read anywhere that LE stated he is definitively not linked to any other unsolved cases like MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990