VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was all wiped out in a hurricane. In fact, on one of the streets it looks bare, but if you go further houses suddenly appear that were there back when the google car drove down before the hurricane.
Hurricane Ike in 2008 wiped out a lot of Galveston and the surrounding area.

If that's the case, my guess is Mexico wouldn't be his destination of choice. He would blend in much better in the Caribbean, IMO. Just glad they've got him.

This seems crazy to me, but it seems to be confirmed by a few people. I guess they got lucky that he didn't make it, if that was his plan. He would have been gone forever.

Understood. But who can check media links and do any sort of googling while trying to keep up with this forum? HA!!! Just thought I'd add some opinions as a newbie.

Welcome all newbies! Everyone has something positive to contribute. I am a long time member/lurker and even I cant keep up.

jmo

Highly doubt he would be looking to take a cruise. They would check his id too, their is security and homeland security links with cruise ships these days.

Yes, but they might not be alert enough to catch him on embarkation- you're just checking in with Cruise line staff, but when you come back from a cruise it is commonplace for them to run all the passenger manifest for outstanding warrants and pick them up as they come back through immigration. I think he was making a run for the border, but it occurred to me he might have taken a chance on getting on a ship...

Highly doubt he would be looking to take a cruise. They would check his id too, their is security and homeland security links with cruise ships these days.
You are correct. When we board cruise ships here in New Orleans, we have to show our passports (or other acceptable form of ID) as we enter the terminal. I'm sure the same is true in other ports.

Ok, I'm just going to say it. He seems very child like in so many of his choices. Like a child and a child who doesn't think things through and who has impulse control and defiance issues...
He had some 22 traffic offenses combined between Albemarle & C-Ville
On the night Hannah Gilbert disappeared, he parked his very obvious car practically right in front of the CPD Hdqrtrs.
LE wants him to come in for questioning and he just ignores the issue.
He finally goes to the PD, walks into the station with a list of lawyers and ask them to get him a lawyer
He runs from the police when he hasn't even been charged with a crime.
When he does have a warrant, for traffic offenses, he takes his sister's 16 year old car and drives to an island in Texas
and camps on the beach in a tent.
He didn't even steal tags to put on the Nissan.

There is something wrong a disconnect here. He was a DL in College...it just makes you wonder, IMO.

Doesn't appear that he changed his appearance at all either (based on the blurry twitter pic of him in custody.)
So he goes to DMV to get a new license photo **the day before he flees**.
And then does nothing to change his appearance........
I mean: really?

Full transcript of 9/24/14 CPD press conference re: arrest of Jesse Matthew in Galveston, Texas.

Attachments

• 9-24-14CPDpressconferencereJesseMatthewarrest.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 32
Ok, I'm just going to say it. He seems very child like in so many of his choices. Like a child and a child who doesn't think things through and who has impulse control and defiance issues...
On the night Hannah Gilbert disappeared, he parked his very obvious car practically right in front of the CPD Hdqrtrs.
He finally goes to the PD, walks into the station with a list of lawyers and ask them to get him a lawyer
When he does have a warrant, for traffic offenses, he takes his sister's 16 year old car and drives to an island in Texas

There is something wrong a disconnect here. He was a DL in College...it just makes you wonder, IMO.
I agree one hundred percent. I'm only wishing that the part if him that interacts with surgical patients and coaches kids football, is in there somewhere. And that this part of him will finally say what he knows/or did. Sigh. I guess I see some good in most ppl. But I probably shouldn't. And if it was my daughter I would be a hypocrite and think he was a monster.

My impression of this guy is that he's not so up to date on current events, laws and government procedures- I highly doubt he is up to date on newer passport laws.

Most likely he's seen movies and tv shows where people just get in their car and drive to Mexico and thought he'd do that too. He clearly has a past issue with impulse control problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made it to Texas then realized, "What now?"

There was some discussion of head injuries as a DL. Maybe the right person - forensic neuropsychiatrist (is there such a thing?) - can approach him correctly to get him to talk.

So they arrested him? Now they need more evidence...it's tough to prosecute cases without a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010