VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people camp on the beach in a tent. There is Galviston Island State Park. I've seen this in the Corpus Christi area of TX also. I'm more familiar with camping on the beaches in southern California.

I'm actually curious what made the citizen call him in as a suspicious person if beach camping is somewhat common. Super glad s/he did, but curious what stood out.

I work with a rescue and a number of the dogs in our shelter are there because their owners have been arrested. Unless a family member pulls them or a rescue steps in, they typically are put down in 3 to 5 days :( :( :( poor innocent pups!

O/T Thank you for your shelter work :loveyou:, I work with a shelter as well. I have a pit bull rescue (see the enormous paws in my avi!) and so does my son.

Re Video of JM being bought into the jail, abc13 link above:
Longo says, paraphrasing ,we have a person in custody but there's a long road ahead of us.

What does BBM stand for? TIA

I think it is when someone is responding to your post and they bold part of your post that they want to speak about...then they type BBM...bolded by me so users know that they bolded something from your post.

Wow, I think this is the most people I have ever seen watching a case on this site and I know nothing about it.

I know people on here keep saying that they hope he tells them what happened to HG but with an attorney attachment he cannot talk to LE. I am from NY with a LE background and talking to him with an attorney assigned is a no no. The fact that a warrant was placed on him gives him an absolute right to counsel even without an attorney being assigned ,which is the case here.

"Many of the victims in this case were girls from good homes, in good neighborhoods," Neil MacBride, a U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, told reporters at a press conference. "The girls recruited were girls who lived at home with their parents, not always runaways." on Gangs in Northern Virginia http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-membe...rban-teen-prostitution-ring/story?id=16046155

Not always an international sex trafficking ring -many domestic sex trafficking rings exist. I agree ideally if you are a trafficker..I guess you want society's throw aways, runaways, people who won't be missed or you want to groom a teen into running away with you but are we sure that not even one of those "runaways" or as some people call them "society's throwaways" could just be a missing girl from another jurisdiction who has been abducted, given drugs, addicted and watched so that they can't runaway? Many news stories indicate traffickers move quickly from one area to another. Just google sex trafficking in Northern Virginia or Roanoke or Lynchburg or Henrico County or Virginia Beach. Yes most of the time you are dealing with runaways and those with families that don't care but criminals are known to make dumb decisions and a drunk girl seems like easy prey. Maybe she was transferred early on Saturday morning before the story went public--(thats 24 hours)---who knows whether they would "Liquidate" her or not. "Liquidated" girls can't make money. I still think she is alive and hoping people are not giving up on her.

On a really terrible thought. These areas have lots of swamps that are good for getting rid of evidence, even a body.

He would have had to have her body in his sister's car , if you mean the area around where he was found? I kinda doubt that. JMO

Why is he already tried and convicted by so many? We haven't seen or hear of a single shred of hard evidence. This worries me.

I know people on here keep saying that they hope he tells them what happened to HG but with an attorney attachment he cannot talk to LE. I am from NY with a LE background and talking to him with an attorney assigned is a no no. The fact that a warrant was placed on him gives him an absolute right to counsel even without an attorney being assigned ,which is the case here.

Yeah, he ain't talking. Never was going to, never will. IMO.

They stated that they had soil from his car,

I know that soil has many characteristics that can be only found in certain areas.

I would think that analysis of soil would be super fast.

Virginia is home to more than 250 wineries. Terrior is a key element in winemaking, and terrior has to do with the composition of the soil. In the winery business, there is an existing body of knowledge about specific types of Virginia soil. Hopefully, LE will tap into this information as well as soil knowledge available from other Virginia industries when evaluating soil samples.

Map of VA wine regions (AVAs): http://www.virginiawine.org/regions

Good discussion of VA terrior: http://virginiawinesnob.blogspot.com/2010/05/why-terroir-means-everything-for.html

I read a few news articles early last week about Hannah and just read a few tonight, so I'm not "up" on everything, but I read something about 2 attempted kidnappings or attempted sexual assaults that happened earlier in the night in the same area of town Hannah was when she disappeared. Were these rumors? Sorry if they have been squashed and I'm resurrecting them.

Wonder if Ferguson left an impression on him and had anything to do with his decision to run?

Not a valid excuse in my opinion. When I was younger there were times when I wish I could have blamed my actions on the "oppression" of others.....but I chose the path of personal responsibility instead.

I've been lurking since the beginning. I definitely see where he looks guilty. What frightens me is what if he's some scared guy that ran because he knows how things "typically" go in these cases and is innocent. I hope LE has a big smoking gun, because he's already been convicted by the media and a lot of us, me included. I am Caucasian if that matters and this is 100% JMO.

I'm hoping that he does, but you may be right. If he feels that there no way out, then he may just to clear his mind. I understand that he probably kidnapped, raped and killed someone and that speaks to his conscience or lack thereof.

But killers do sometimes lead the way to their victims.

You are totally right. See below:

He's probably looking at the ocean trying to figure out why he did what he did. Trying to find peace with himself. Hopefully he does find that peace so he can say exactly what he did and where Hannah is.

And then he can go rot in prison for the rest of his life!

You know, maybe I;m wrong about him not talking. There was a reason Longo did what he did at his pressers. He was profiling, IMO and likely trying to pressure the suspect based on what he knew about him.

I stated earlier the fact that JM did show up at the police station and then left without speaking to police, evidences conflict and that the pressure was getting to him. That probably wouldn;t be the case if he was a stone cold sociopath. (And you don;t have to be a psychopath or sociopath to murder a stranger, BTW).

So maybe that shows he has some feelings. Maybe it shows those feelings can be worked on so he feels the urge to talk.

In many of these cases of murders/abductions/rapes, LE is eventually able to get perps to talk. In fact, I've learned that Miranda is kind of a joke. Most criminals do talk. And LE are trained in getting them to. We happen to see the cases where there are not confessions, because those cases stretch on and become bigger news as they are typically not solved quickly.

JM worked at a hospital, he has a a lot of seemingly nice friends, he volunteers with kids playing football, right? He has a a grandma who loves him. Maybe all of that will work in Hannah's favor and he can be made to talk.

I've seen in various cases over the years that a lot of crooks eventually confess because they hold onto what they;ve done and are burdened by it. Yeah, they know they're going to prison, but it's like they can;t bear the burden of what they;ve done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove