VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Hannah had a beautiful gold bracelet on in her picture, that would be something they could have possibly found.

Regarding Molly or MDMA:

MDMA, short for 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, is most commonly known as “Ecstasy” and “Molly.” It is a manmade drug that produces energizing effects similar to the stimulant class amphetamines as well as psychedelic effects, similar to the hallucinogen mescaline. MDMA is known as a “club drug” because of its popularity in the nightclub scene, at “raves” (all-night dance parties), and music festivals or concerts.

The changes that take place in the brain with MDMA use affect the user in other ways as well. These include:

Increases in heart rate and blood pressure
Muscle tension
Teeth clenching
Nausea (feeling sick)
Blurred vision
Faintness
Chills or sweating
Higher body temperature (can lead to serious heart, liver, or kidney problems)
Increased risk for unsafe sex

If JLM was taking them himself (and honestly it wouldnt surprise me with all of his bizzare antics that night) and then dropped one in Hannahs drink could it cause her to overdose given the amount of alcohol she had in her system?

BBM They don't have Hannah. They cannot prove she was raped without her body. I wonder what they do have that they know he at least intended to rape her. Maybe he had a rape kit in his car? Maybe her torn up undergarments? :dunno:

Just FYI, but a rape kit is something medical personnel use to gather evidence that a sexual assault has taken place.

Personally at this point, I think that having him tell or brag to someone that he was going to maybe take her home and have sex with her - coupled with the fact that she is now missing - is probably enough for them to establish probable cause.

I don't know whether this is significant or not (or whether it has been mentioned before) but the Tempo restaurant seems to have two little alcoves leading to separate doors. I find it possible that a weary/tipsy/confused Hannah could have gratefully sat and waited, especially if there was seating as shown in this street view and if she felt safe. View attachment 59930
This should be posted in the Tempo Restaurant thread. ;)

I watched & read some of the news about Hannah and JM being arrested. Somewhere when it was first announced in regards to the arrest, it was said that the victim (Hannah) use to live at the apartments that JM currently lived at. Haven't followed enough here to know if that is true or not. Could have been CNN.

Interesting...

I thought we read in media that she had lived at an on-campus,dorm her first year... And now that she is in her second year she is living in the GrandMarc Apartments...

:waitasec:

OT

The woman that was raped. . .um. . .trying to figure out how to say this. . .wasn't raped in the classical sense. Legally she was raped. He reached under the blanket and penetrated her. :( They discovered the two men were working together. They were tipping each other off as to when there was a chance to get away with something undetected. Pretty disgusting! I'm glad they were caught and I felt some guilt that I didn't report it. I just kept thinking that no one would believe me since as far as anyone could tell I was still unconscious. Plus the whole self doubt of it. . .I was still pretty heavily sedated. Apparently I wasn't alone in feeling that. Many women ended up coming forward.

Ok, I see. I didn't think of that. Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you and the guilt you felt. I probably would have reacted exactly like you and felt the same way.

I wonder if he gave her a drug and she died from that,was scared and then got rid of her body.Don't see how she could go from walking fast in the mall to being heavy intoxicated that quick.

I definitely think he drugged her. Jmo

I believe you are right. When I started dating after my divorce I think I went out w/ a predator type of guy and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my entire life.

(Snipped for space)

I slept with the lights on for 2 weeks after that.

That's awful and I'm glad the restaurant staff was so nice. That guy has probably hurt some women at some point.

They consider themselves to be highly academic. They are just wiling to do what it takes to try and win. They have different standards for athletes it seems. They are a rival university to the one I support, so I'm somewhat biased. However I was barraged with the daily news of whether he would or would not be allowed to play in my local news. It basically came down to them saying how awful people were for wanting to deny him an opportunity to go to college. They are very proud of what they did for him.

I went to school with a Heisman Trophy recipient that was tutored, pushed, pulled and dragged through the "General Studies" program - he graduated and went on to play in the NFL. The standards, right or wrong, are very different for top-notch athletes.

So E's are now called Molly. I am beginning to realize I'm no longer hip. I need a dictionary to translate somethings and I'm only 27!!

This guys is not a "". He was wearing crocs, a button down shirt with a burgundy undershirt. His hair is not a hair cut.

That is the antithesis of .

Practice.. I don't think he's that scared person everyone was making him out to be.. Quite the opposite and ballsy.. Nerves of steel that only comes from practice.. JMO

You don't approach a single woman on the beach and stare her down when your wanted and it's all over the news.. Nerves is what that takes.. She's lucky she wasn't raped too or worse.

I wonder if he was feeling a little safer in Texas since it wasn't one of the places LE had specified him having ties/connections, so maybe thought no one would be even thinking of him there?

Again going back to even people on here who had poured over the videos, lived in Charlottesville, and even know JM and didn't realize it was him in the video at all.

Heck, we've had hordes of people saying that who knows if JM even knew Hannah was missing and so perhaps he was unrelated to the case and hadn't gone forward to LE about being with her that night because he didn't know she was gone and giving illustrations of how many people don't watch the news or talk about even 3 violent or odd incidents that all occurred in one night.

Yet we've got a woman, who didn't know JM, who was a thousand miles away, not in one of the places he'd even been mentioned as having ties, and could easily have not seen the news being so far away and so just having less access to it, and who could easily only seen a little, and not enough to know he was out of state or even wanted at that point.

But instead, even from a brief encounter, and being a thousand miles away where it'd be easy to think there's just no way he was there no matter how much he looked like him, and to blow it off - and frankly there are a lot of people that likely wouldn't have blamed her - especially once her local CrimeStoppers dismissed her.

I suspect the number of other people out there on/near the beach that day that would have made the connection would be very, very, very low. Even a store clerk he talked with didn't connect him, and that was lengthier interaction than a drive by, back up, stare and long look that he gave the woman.

She wasn't kidding about God leading her there that day!

The ending could have been far different for a lot of people down the road (let alone her own life) had she not made the connection and steered LE to him!

If JLM was taking them himself (and honestly it wouldnt surprise me with all of his bizzare antics that night) and then dropped one in Hannahs drink could it cause her to overdose given the amount of alcohol she had in her system?

Yes, you can die from MDMA use. MDMA can cause problems with the body’s ability to regulate temperature, particularly when it is used in active, hot settings (like dance parties or concerts). On rare occasions, this can lead to a sharp rise in body temperature (known as hyperthermia), which can cause liver, kidney, or heart failure or even death.

This guys is not a "". He was wearing crocs, a button down shirt with a burgundy undershirt. His hair is not a hair cut.

That is the antithesis of .

Confused what does a look like?

One more General Discussion thread to help those who are having a hard time adapting to the forum format.

Please be aware that this will be the last General Discussion thread in the Hannah Graham case.

I hope this is okay to ask, I'm such a newb.. And apologies if this has already been answered, I'm just now catching up on today's events and presser thread (just..wow..). Once this last General Discussion thread is closed what thread will be a general discussion type? Or does the convo all move to the many different sub threads I noticed were created today for this case? So sorry if this is a super silly question, I just appreciate getting to read all the info and ideas you all have been putting out in these general discussions.

Going to watch the full presser now that I caught up on the other thread.. Sigh. Hannah and her parents have been in my mind all day, I very much hope some type of closure can be reached soon :(

That is about CONSENSUAL sex.

Right, but my response was to the question of who likes to be overpowered? And that's why so many women liked 50 Shades, was because of the power and control aspect. Obviously much different than being raped, but illustrates that the power and control aspect happen in every day life. Rapists take it to a whole different level, obviously, but as we've mentioned, many of these jerks think it's all a game.

Ok, just found this. From Coy Barefoot's f/b page. He just posted this a little while ago- in reference to a question about whether JM changed shirts:

Coy: "in the surveillance videos, colors appear almost to be black and white. so that is the same checked shirt, it just appears to be white."

https://www.facebook.com/coybarefoot

Am I the only ex college girl that encountered men like him every single weekend that I went out? Nothing they said sounded that unusual for a heavily drinking guy trying to pick up girls. If I had a dollar for every time a (complete stranger) guy grabbed or picked up or tried to make out with me or my friends I would be a very very rich woman.

This is no reflection on what he seemingly did after but more that I was not as shocked and appalled and surprised by that article as all of you because, yeah, that's a guy at a bar or club.

I totally agree, I got the impression on the jail video that he really likes to play the victim. The bed is too hard, he doesn't have clothes, etc. etc. I got the feeling that the one guard standing next to him wanted to roll his eyes. I mean it was like he was totally acting unaware of WHY he was there. However, when he had to sign the papers, he suddenly became brilliant.

Not really. When he signed the papers to me it looked like he only signed Jesse, no last name. On the photos of one of the papers it could be only Jesse. That could be his legal signature, but if so, it shows low intelligence, illiteracy, or both.

It seems to some that a is any black man with any style of haircut.

I'm merely pointing out that this individual certainly didn't attempt to portray himself as a in his dress, hairstyle, life, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member