VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

I still wonder how that fits with what WG saw then?

Based on what Coy is saying and the photos, it sure didn't look solid in person in those?

I can see the lighting and the way some surveillance videos look (plus quality) impacting the description, but it sure seems odd that a person who was watching him also missed that.

But maybe that's me?

Coy has shown himself as someone whos not to be completely trusted IMO. First, he self-imposes a deadline, then rolls it back and keeps everyone waiting way past that.

And for what? A 400 word article full of unsubstantiated rumor that many of the posters here could have written better and much more accurately?

I dont have any clear cut proof but I have sneaking suspicion that hes the type of person to take "liberties" with the truth to make it fit his story. ...and thats based partially on the statement above and with statements from his conveniently anonymous witnesses that conflict with the official information provided by LE.

Ive watched the Tuels video on several occasions and what he is wearing there looks nothing like the checkered shirt pictured at Tempo....... or the tank top JLM is wearing underneath.

Just read Mod Note. Sorry. I was not diagnosing him but I do have very personal experience with Bipolar and am semi-offended that someone would say a top athlete wouldn't be afflicted with such things.

I didn't say he couldn't because he was an athlete I was saying his odd behavior with boundaries and being too aggressive with ladies could also have an alternate explanation in that he was always that way but it wasn't considered creepy before due to his status so he never learned not to do it when younger. So I think that behavior is a shaky thing to base any speculation on.

Well it's definitely at the top of the list of what LE says to look for in almost every case - in terms of a possible suspect - some sort of noticeable behaviour change in the wake of an event.

So it'd actually be one of the hallmark red flags, at least to LE.

I wonder if he might have been concerned people in the hospital were more apt to have heard of the case and might tie him with the video?

So maybe withdrawing could be hoping they'd forget about him almost and not even consider it as a possibility? :waitasec:

Among neighbors or something, I could see wanting to seem 'normal' and like he had not a care in the world and all was well, to seem like nothing was up at all?

Think of how many television sets are on in a hospital. I think he was doing his best to "lay low".

Interesting.

I still wonder how that fits with what WG saw then?

Based on what Coy is saying and the photos, it sure didn't look solid in person in those?

I can see the lighting and the way some surveillance videos look (plus quality) impacting the description, but it sure seems odd that a person who was watching him also missed that.

But maybe that's me?

We don't know what WG said he saw.

We only know what LE says WG said he saw. At that time, LE was also telling us that JM was a woman and/or Hannah's reflection and the POI was not on those tapes. I don't beleive that LE believed any of those things. ;)

I still have a hard time with no one coming out to press charges against him for almost thirteen years, since 2002. How has he managed not to be caught or at least accused all that time, if he is a serial with such obvious behaviors and inappropriately touched several women just that night alone?

Just my hunch but I believe we'll be hearing more about JM's Impule Control Disorder, ADHD, Dyslexia, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Road Rage, & disdain of Authority figures in the very near future.

And I bet there's been a hx of violence to women & animals in particular. A violent wearing a "teddy bear" demeanor.

All just moo

I'm so far behind, but I find it insane that everyone in the community etc. thinks he's such a good guy. He must be a damn good actor is all I can say because the things I've learned about him thus far is painting him to be a monster in my eyes.

Some info on GHB

"The drug can take anything from 10 minutes to an hour to take effect, so wait until the first hit kicks in before taking any more. Its strength varies wildly, so always take a small amount first. Because of it's disabling effects, you are exposed to the threat of sexual assault, so be very, very wary of who you're with.

There is the idea that Rohypnol could be it but given that it's a ground up pill as opposed to a liquid and by most sites who quote onset times would back GHB as the likely date rape drug in this instance.

I'm sorry to pop in and ask this. Not even sure if we can discuss Coy Barefoot article, but for those who read it, why was Jesse photographed in the bkue checkered shirt at one bar and then seen in the white or gray solid shirt later in the Sal's video? I'm sure this was discussed before, but I'm just getting on tonight and now I'm confused what to discuss where...

I still have a hard time with no one coming out to press charges against him for almost thirteen years, since 2002. How has he managed not to be caught or at least accused all that time, if he is a serial with such obvious behaviors and inappropriately touched several women just that night alone?

Are you discounting the statements made by the attorney JLM assaulted in 2009 because it doesnt fit your assessment ?

If not, youre provided with the answer in the article. He becomes contrite and apologetic and practically begs people not to call the police.

People are much more apt to forgive the kind of behavior JLM has exhibited in a bar where alcohol is involved.Most people probably chalk it up to the alcohol and would rather not deal with the hassle of speaking to the police.....especially if they are drunk themselves.

Maybe thats why hes so well know on the bar scene around the mall and cant afford a better car? Drinking provides him the perfect cover and allows him to act the fool to his hearts content.

If he were smaller, I think he would have gotten beat up a long time ago but his size and physique stops a LOT of people from even saying anything to him about his actions.

Are you discounting the statements made by the attorney JLM assaulted in 2009 because it doesnt fit your assessment ?

If not, youre provided with the answer in the article. He becomes contrite and apologetic and practically begs people not to call the police.

People are much more apt to forgive the kind of behavior JLM has exhibited in a bar where alcohol is involved. Maybe thats why hes so well know on the bar scene around the mall and cant afford a better car?

Whoops I meant to say sex attacks/assaults against women...my mistake.

As far as what he was wearing...I think after LE did the interviews from the bars, they went back to his house for the checked shirt and burgundy tank top, since it appeared he wore a white shirt in the video. I do not think he changed. The tape is so bad.

I've been wondering if the night was actually a perfect storm of alcohol fueled poor decisions made by BOTH JM and HG. It will be very ironic if it turns out alcohol is responsible for trashing both their lives.

I'm not exactly trying to cut the guy slack but alcohol can make people do things that are over the edge. Things where you look back and say omg did I do that?! (yes voice of experience).

I don't agree with this behavior but I can understand how it could have unfolded.

You don't AGREE with this behavior? Are you referring to rape and murder?

The coworker said he got LESS friendly:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_6bacebeb-68f5-542c-a52b-5ad91e1121f1.html

But I know earlier we had someone say he got more chatty or stopped to talk and didn't usually, etc. after she went missing.

Who was that? I thought it was landlord but I'm not finding that quote now.

Interesting that his interactions seemed to change the opposite way in two different contexts.

Yes, it was the landlady. It was in a Daily Mail article, I think. She said he almost got too nice, or something like that.

That jail video was unsettling to watch to be honest. A disconnect with the seriousness of his charges, and wanting to let the judge know they were taking his clothes while he was in the cell. Well, most likely they had him on suicide watch, and didn't want him dead before VA could pick him up! JMO! But, he felt that it was important to tell the judge that, but not a lot of questions about what he was signing, or why he was locked up. It was just weird. I don't think it was an act, because doubtful he realized all of America and beyond could/would be watching. Probably just thought it was him talking to the judge. HOWEVER, I think he does know right from wrong. And THAT element of his thinking will be important in the next phase. Does he realize that NO means NO? Of course! If someone at work says NO you can't smoke on the grounds, or drink alcohol while working, does he realize what that means? I think yes.

IMO, he is a rapist. In his mind he was entitled to what he wanted, when he wanted it, and that included raping someone if his sexual desires wanted to. To be trolling around a bar, looking for a female that was drunk to 'up his chances' of picking up someone? Yeah, rapist...yet sadly they are at every bar, every single weekend, looking for that same intoxicated persona. As we get mature, we can spot them a mile away.

I wonder about another aspect as well. If he was indeed doing shots of bourbon, or whatever whiskey was mentioned, it's possible he couldn't get an erection, and became furious. Possibly took out his anger on Hannah. Just a possibility.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/

Lumberton Police Chief Danny Sullins said a park ranger recognized Matthew, 32, when he saw him on the news Thursday morning. He said Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. The ranger told Chief Sullins that Matthew only stayed a few hours

Appears as if JLM may have a familiarity with state parks. He could have easily picked up maps at any of his prior camping destinations.

Maybe LE should focus their next few searches at Lake Anna or other State Parks close to C-Ville?

At any rate Im going to bed.G'night all and good luck. Maybe they will find Hannah while Im sleeping.

That jail video was unsettling to watch to be honest. A disconnect with the seriousness of his charges, and wanting to let the judge know they were taking his clothes while he was in the cell. Well, most likely they had him on suicide watch, and didn't want him dead before VA could pick him up! JMO! But, he felt that it was important to tell the judge that, but not a lot of questions about what he was signing, or why he was locked up. It was just weird. I don't think it was an act, because doubtful he realized all of America and beyond could/would be watching. Probably just thought it was him talking to the judge. HOWEVER, I think he does know right from wrong. And THAT element of his thinking will be important in the next phase. Does he realize that NO means NO? Of course! If someone at work says NO you can't smoke on the grounds, or drink alcohol while working, does he realize what that means? I think yes.

IMO, he is a rapist. In his mind he was entitled to what he wanted, when he wanted it, and that included raping someone if his sexual desires wanted to. To be trolling around a bar, looking for a female that was drunk to 'up his chances' of picking up someone? Yeah, rapist...yet sadly they are at every bar, every single weekend, looking for that same intoxicated persona. As we get mature, we can spot them a mile away.

I wonder about another aspect as well. If he was indeed doing shots of bourbon, or whatever whiskey was mentioned, it's possible he couldn't get an erection, and became furious. Possibly took out his anger on Hannah. Just a possibility.
Well in the video it sounds like he is about to say he isn't a criminal. He starts to say it then stops right after he's talking about his hard bed. How can he not think he is a criminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719