VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the FBI does monitor this site? Think about it...let's say JM is a serial killer. Would he come to a site like this to read about some of his past victims...even comment on the sites? Would be interesting to know...like I said earlier if they can figure out what his "handle" or login name is on other devices, they might could find comments he has made even on this site. I am sure you guys have all thought of that...I am slow. ;)

O/T....
This made me laugh. My dad lives in C'Ville, and he's this total straight laced, preppy, golfing nerd. Of course,he's old, so he doesn't count in your assessment, but it was funny, anyway. :)

Fortunately, the majority live outside of the window into the lives of victimized women, and obliviously playing golf is a healthy alternative.

A quote from this interesting article discussing AA serial killers as well as a discussion on the intelligence of serial killers.

"That is a total, total myth that there are no black serial killers,'' said Dr. Schlesinger, who has been studying serial killers and extraordinary crimes since the 1970s. "There have been black serial killers for many, many years, but they haven't been publicized. The media simply chooses not to focus on them.''

It's also not true that serial killers are of above-average intelligence, he said.

"Their intelligence copies the normal distribution of the general population,'' he said. "Some serial killers are very smart, which is very, very, very rare. Most are of average intelligence. Most are within the low-average range. What happens is the media attributes high intelligence to these guys when they haven't been quickly apprehended.''

"Everyone thought he was a master of disguise and a genius,'' he said of Ridgeway. "Nothing could be further from the truth. He painted trucks. His IQ was something like 83. These guys are not smart at all. As a matter of fact, most of them are idiots.''
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/of_course_there_are_black_serial_killers.html

I think serial killers and criminals in general are more likely to be creative and not academically smart. They are impulsive which is a trait of creativity. They also seem to fantasize they have good imaginations.

I am waiting for the day Hannah's friends can shed some light on why that poor girl was out running around far from where she was supposed to be. We are getting so much perspective on Jesse Matthew timeline, but still to me biggest mystery is why was Hannah there, then?
That's what I'd like to know. Especially that missing 50 minutes.

Has anyone made a map of the two timelines?

It's on my list of things to do, but I don't want to double up.

Otto...Your maps are always a work of art! I was wondering when you were going to offer! Please post! Thanks!

Oh, i would be saying, "WTH is going on there?!" I wouldn't be able to stop looking, and more likely than not I would approach them to ask if she was okay. Many questions would follow. That's just me though.
I must say, when I was younger, doing the club scene, I would have done nothing, nor known to do anything. Drunk people leaving clubs, hooking up, etc. seemed normal.
Now, at my age and with more wisdom, had I been there, and seen what I am reading here, I absolutely would have intervened in any way I needed to. Therefore, I suspect this was a young crowd there, used to seeing intoxication and someone "trying to help." jmo

Wonder if the FBI does monitor this site? Think about it...let's say JM is a serial killer. Would he come to a site like this to read about some of his past victims...even comment on the sites? Would be interesting to know...like I said earlier if they can figure out what his "handle" or login name is on other devices, they might could find comments he has made even on this site. I am sure you guys have all thought of that...I am slow. ;)

I followed a couple of murder cases where defence attorneys were all over the sites trying to develop a strategy (see Jose Baez, and NC spousal homicide cases), and at the time I thought that if police were so incapable of understanding, pursuing, and eliminating, theories that they needed to read online crime forums ... bottom line is that if police need forums to understand crime, they're in the wrong career. Police forces should be ashamed for relying on citizen observers to solve crime .. but at the same time, evidence is released in order to gather more evidence.

O/T....
This made me laugh. My dad lives in C'Ville, and he's this total straight laced, preppy, golfing nerd. Of course,he's old, so he doesn't count in your assessment, but it was funny, anyway. :)

My dad lives in C-ville as well and he's the same as yours ;)

I wasn't old when I lived there, so I got a different viewpoint of course. Also, I was part of the food industry/waitstaff- yay on the Downtown Mall even!- and got a firsthand account of that group. But yes, not everyone is like that. There is the preppy crowd as well. And other subsets. But there is definitely this alternative local townie culture.

A quote from this interesting article discussing AA serial killers as well as a discussion on the intelligence of serial killers.

"That is a total, total myth that there are no black serial killers,'' said Dr. Schlesinger, who has been studying serial killers and extraordinary crimes since the 1970s. "There have been black serial killers for many, many years, but they haven't been publicized. The media simply chooses not to focus on them.''

It's also not true that serial killers are of above-average intelligence, he said.

"Their intelligence copies the normal distribution of the general population,'' he said. "Some serial killers are very smart, which is very, very, very rare. Most are of average intelligence. Most are within the low-average range. What happens is the media attributes high intelligence to these guys when they haven't been quickly apprehended.''

"Everyone thought he was a master of disguise and a genius,'' he said of Ridgeway. "Nothing could be further from the truth. He painted trucks. His IQ was something like 83. These guys are not smart at all. As a matter of fact, most of them are idiots.''
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/of_course_there_are_black_serial_killers.html

This is excellent information. I think what makes serial killers difficult to apprehend is that they have a completely different way of thinking than the general public. They're not smarter, they're just so out-there and so far from "normal" that it's hard for a regular, functioning member of society to even begin to think like them.

I followed a couple of murder cases where defence attorneys were all over the sites trying to develop a strategy (see Jose Baez, and NC spousal homicide cases), and at the time I thought that if police were so incapable of understanding, pursuing, and eliminating, theories that they needed to read online crime forums ... bottom line is that if police need forums to understand crime, they're in the wrong career. Police forces should be ashamed for relying on citizen observers to solve crime .. but at the same time, evidence is released in order to gather more evidence.

Yes, I agree. I was mainly just wondering if they might monitor to see if a person might be posting that had knowledge that only the killer would have type thing. Certainly not to get ideas for solving the crime...that would be just sad.

I don't think so. She stopped drinking at 12:46, when she left the second party. She wasn't at all exhausted. In fact, she jogged all the way to the Pedestrian Mall and was actively texting friends at 1:06AM, at about the time she was seen in Sal's Pizza Video. Two minutes later, Jesse Matthew had crossed the mall and was physically restraining her ... with an arm around her. One more drink after jogging a couple of miles would not incapacitate. Something else was at play for someone like Hannah to accompany someone like Jesse to Tempo.

She would have wanted water ... she wasn't new to alcohol, and as an athlete would have wanted water after jogging a couple of miles.

Did Jesse order anything in addition to the two bottles of beer - which may or may not have been opened in Tempo ... like a glass of water?

You are incorrect!

She left the party around 12:00am. There is around a 45 minute gap. Between 12:00-12:45am (time she arrived at McGrady's) we don't know where exactly she was. She was most likely walking around lost during this time. When she came to McGrady's she was walking on Preston Ave. then turned around at McGrady's and walked back down Preston Ave. to the mall.

We do not know that she jogged all the way to the mall. She most likely did not. She was seen on the Shell video running for a few seconds but then she stopped and started to walk at the end of that video.

It wouldn't be that hard to imagine his Grma or sis or mother had some Ambien that he helped himself to while eating his greens. And just when did GMa say he was there last? hummmmm

Jesse Matthew is not a Knight in Shining Armour.
He is a predator.

There is a distinct difference.
Totally agree with you! Totally! What I was trying to say was that my daughter couldn't distinguish. She believed whatever the prowlers told her. If someone would have "seemed" like a nice person, especially a strong athlete to protect her, she would have believed him. She would have felt "protected." I suspect this reasoning will be part of this case. Imo
And yes.....my daughter was raped by someone she trusted to protect her.

Well, good night and good sleuthing. I must say tonight has been much more pleasant as far as sharing ideas and theories. The people who like to argue for the sake of arguing must be on one of the sub forums. I am still enjoying the newbie general forum, not really a newbie...just have a new name and haven't been on since Kyron Horman. Well, have a good one everyone!!

I feel so sad for Hannah, a vibrant woman whose life stopped after she met Jesse Matthew.

She was too young to be there.

Last night I couldn't sleep and started thinking through the path that Hannah took. She was at the Fig restaurant, then she primped at her apartment, then she went to the next party, and then instead of accepting the offers of a walk home, she left alone. She headed to McGrady's, the Irish Pub, seems she walked through the parking lot, walked all around the outdoor bar, walked through the outdoor lobby, and carried on towards the Pedestrian Mall. I did a google earth tour down Preston Avenue, where Hannah jogged after circling McGrady's. There is ample signage to point people in the right direction, except that University of Virginia, and Pedestrian Mall signage was combined and it was a bit confusing at one point. Was she trying to connect with a man that she knew from school? It's odd that she left the second party, didn't go home, but headed to the outdoor pub down the street. Then she headed downtown ... but she would have been dehydrated by then. Even if Hannah didn't drink alcohol, Jesse could have dosed her.

If he could get anything from the hospital ... what could he get his hands on? Lots of women have trouble sleeping and resort to pharmaceuticals, like Ativan - for sleep. What does crushed Ativan in water or alcohol accomplish in 30 minutes?
Ativan should never be taken with alcohol. It increases the effect of alcohol ten fold. Whatever changed her demeanor so quickly I do think JM was responsible for. Whatever the drug was. I do deal with many drugs thru my work but mostly psychotropic. Some of my Clients have a PRN for Ativan for escalated violent or potentially violent behavior usually combined with Chlorpromazine. I tend to believe it was a street drug. Unless JM had his own personal stash. IMO

Haha, oh really? I was way off there. Regardless, there should still be hair... I have a Rott/pit with short, coarse hair that doesn't *seem* to come out a lot, but it does end up basically everywhere. There's a thin sheen of it on everything in the house and everything that has come out of the house. I hope I'm not revealing too much about my housekeeping! :shame:

Apparently we have the same housekeeper. :angel:

Totally agree with you! Totally! What I was trying to say was that my daughter couldn't distinguish. She believed whatever the prowlers told her. If someone would have "seemed" like a nice person, especially a strong athlete to protect her, she would have believed him. She would have felt "protected." I suspect this reasoning will be part of this case. Imo
And yes.....my daughter was raped by someone she trusted to protect her.

so sorry to hear...what is wrong with people?

That is a disgusting site, and certainly not an objective one. I wouldn't believe a word on it, even if I could stand to keep reading. And yes it is "some crappy racist site". Hope you didn't bookmark it!
I did a quick google, saw the list of 57 black serial killers which was correct and posted. As I was closing the link I saw some other stuff and realized the site had some racist BS so I quickly edited my post. I have heard people say the a black serial killer is rare... it's just not true. Serial killers come in all flavors unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllenImmab