VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, in the last 1 or 2 threads lol, a poster who is a nursing student said students don't usually go to the mall IIRC. So JM may have assumed HG was of legal drinking age since she was on the mall with other folks. She was also alone. The other girls he was annoying were in a pair or group and they would not have been an easy a target as Hannah.

Does this make sense?

Am I the only ex college girl that encountered men like him every single weekend that I went out? Nothing they said sounded that unusual for a heavily drinking guy trying to pick up girls. If I had a dollar for every time a (complete stranger) guy grabbed or picked up or tried to make out with me or my friends I would be a very very rich woman.

This is no reflection on what he seemingly did after but more that I was not as shocked and appalled and surprised by that article as all of you because, yeah, that's a guy at a bar or club.
Every. Single. Weekend.

"Tempo Restaurant owner Brice Cunningham said in an interview on Thursday that Hannah Graham appeared to be incapacitated as she walked away with Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. nearly two weeks ago."

Recent article. Not sure if it had been posted.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/charlottesville-bar-owner-graham-seemed-incapacitated-when-she-walked-away-with-matthew-107520.html

He had to have put something in her drink if she was as bad as the bar owner said. She was walking quickly and without visible impairment when he first circles around to go after her and when they're seen walking side by side from the jeweler's surveillance video.

ETA sorry, 15 people said this before me ...oops....

I've been lurking here since the first thread, just wanted to chime in. I'm not 100% convinced about the article (http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/) by Coy. I just wonder how much stock we can put into what everyone says. Were those pictures for sure the same night? I do agree that maybe the video quality is low, however, besides not showing any visible checkers, I don't see a collar or pockets or button up the front. Maybe he changed, I don't know. But it's hard to just go off of here-say IMO

I do think something happened that night and I do think it's possible she was slipped drugs or took them on her own. But I'm still confused as to why in the first place she was going down that way in the first place, by herself. It seems as if she is looking for someone, first stopping at that first bar, and getting turned away and then running and walking fast.

Right now at this second my theory is that she was looking for someone specific (maybe JM), or that she was looking for drugs or something. JM saw her, saw she was alone and maybe nervous being alone etc., and he came to her 'rescue'. Her judgement was down and she went along with him. I'm still not sure I think he had something planned or did something purposely, but I am pretty sure he has information that could at least help with what happened to HG. I can't think of many reasons to not give the information you have.....so that doesn't look good for him.

All MOO

So E's are now called Molly. I am beginning to realize I'm no longer hip. I need a dictionary to translate somethings and I'm only 27!!

It isnt you ,it is them. Molly is a more pure form ,without the fillers..E IS the name of the the pill. molly is put in capsules. In the 70's it was prescribed to people .However it takes about 45 minutes for the effects of that to hit someone so I doubt that is how Hannah was lead away.

Am I the only ex college girl that encountered men like him every single weekend that I went out? Nothing they said sounded that unusual for a heavily drinking guy trying to pick up girls. If I had a dollar for every time a (complete stranger) guy grabbed or picked up or tried to make out with me or my friends I would be a very very rich woman.

This is no reflection on what he seemingly did after but more that I was not as shocked and appalled and surprised by that article as all of you because, yeah, that's a guy at a bar or club.

I agree .. After working as a waitress at a busy bar/ club, I realized how touchy men (and women!) can be. I experienced groping even after hours when I was sober and went to eat or drink elsewhere with coworkers. I was sober and flipped on them, but saw many intoxicated women who seemed to enjoy the attention from total strangers. Kinda sad really ...

It seems to some that a is any black man with any style of haircut.

I'm merely pointing out that this individual certainly didn't attempt to portray himself as a in his dress, hairstyle, life, etc.

erm ok well he might not have been dressed and styled in your version of chic but in my opinion his behavior was a bit thuggish especially the wrestling. JMO

It's interesting because she said she looks a lot like a Hannah which I find quite funny. Twice her age and IMO - not even close. I think she's being a tad dramatic. He was likely just surprised to find someone there thus the reason he left so quickly. Again, JMO.

Since there were people fishing nearby and he had even had a tent set up, and it obviously wasn't a private beach, it seems surprising he'd think it was odd anyone else was out there?

Then she says, "He hit the brakes, throwing up sand and looked at me. He leaned over the console and stared. It was frightening."

I might glance at someone if I saw someone driving past, but hitting the breaks enough to throw up sand look at her, and then lean over and stare seems a little more than what anyone I've seen do when they saw someone some place they maybe weren't expecting them.

If I drove past someone doing something unexpected on a beach maybe I'd stop or slow and look, but someone sitting on the bed of their vehicle looking over the water doesn't seem like anything particularly unusual to me.

It sure seems like quite a reaction from someone who was just surprised to find someone else doing essentially what he was. :waitasec:

Mixing drugs and alcohol typically leads to a synergistic effect which intensifies the experience. Of course, there are other potential drugs. Just because he may have taken molly, doesn't mean he would have chosen the same for her.

erm ok well he might not have been dressed and styled in your version of chic but in my opinion his behavior was a bit thuggish especially the wrestling. JMO

yep, still a , even while wearing crocs.

Just FYI, but a rape kit is something medical personnel use to gather evidence that a sexual assault has taken place.

Personally at this point, I think that having him tell or brag to someone that he was going to maybe take her home and have sex with her - coupled with the fact that she is now missing - is probably enough for them to establish probable cause.

Sorry, I should have said "rapekit" or rapist tool kit. Sometimes when serial rapists are caught they have a bag where they keep things like zip ties or rope, roofies, etc.

Ask around for people to describe to you what a "" might wear, and I assure you his attire would not make it on that list.

She didn't look anything like hannah and your right she could have been over exaggerating that's possible

He did enough that made her call it in - and he was WAY out of context.

He actually TALKED with and interacted with at least one business owner and HE didn't notice anything and call LE...

So either he's a DARN unlucky criminal and in a quick drive past someone who was minding her own business on the beach, he happened on the only person who could have ID'd him that quickly, or else I think her story is what happened.

If she was exaggerating, then why on earth would she call in a guy who just drove past that she'd hardly have been able to see?

Sorry, I should have said "rapekit" or rapist tool kit. Sometimes when serial rapists are caught they have a bag where they keep things like zip ties or rope, roofies, etc.

God that's icky though I figured that's what you meant. Do we have a standard name for something like that?

He had to have put something in her drink if she was as bad as the bar owner said. She was walking quickly and without visible impairment when he first circles around to go after her and when they're seen walking side by side from the jeweler's surveillance video.

This is what I've come to believe. Finding date rape drugs - or traces of them - in his car would explain the "intent to defile" charge.

I think JM pulled up to "Karen" In Texas on the beach to see how young she was. Blonde hair is not always indicative of youth lol.

I've wondered if he has undiagnosed Aspergers Syndrome. It would fit. He doesn't have physical boundaries, awkward in social situations, anger/violent outbursts.

And not to offend anyone here, but he seems like the stereotype of a "dumb jock."

It isnt you ,it is them. Molly is a more pure form ,without the fillers..E IS the name of the the pill. molly is put in capsules. In the 70's it was prescribed to people .However it takes about 45 minutes for the effects of that to hit someone so I doubt that is how Hannah was lead away.

I admit to knowing very little about these drugs but could these drugs interacting with alcohol, combined with whatever medication Hannah was taking for her illness, possibly have a quicker effect?

I went to school with a Heisman Trophy recipient that was tutored, pushed, pulled and dragged through the "General Studies" program - he graduated and went on to play in the NFL. The standards, right or wrong, are very different for top-notch athletes.

That wouldn't be OJ right? J/K

Revisiting this after the court video:

"I was horrified, that's all I can say. I was just shell-shocked," Matthew’s landlord, Frances Lee-Vandell, said of her reaction to learning that police were looking for him.

<snip>

“He left his tomato plants,” Lee-Vandell said on her way in to turn off the unit’s air conditioner. “I don’t understand.”

Lee-Vandell said she last spoke Thursday with Matthew, discussing bills he intended to pay.

“He doesn’t keep track of things very well,
” she said.

Doesn't keep track of things well.

Landlord is involved in discussing bills he intends to pay.

Which you would think would typically be rent, but apparently she's involved in other things as well.

I wonder if utilities went through her?

Or if it was he was struggling to juggle bills, and she was trying to help him figure out what to prioritize?

Anyway, interesting now that we're 'hearing' from JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member