VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this case.

Initial thoughts:

Ugh, Charlottesville----RAT's in prison, he was ruled out in AR's case, right? (eta, or was it SC?) Then there's the past speculation on if RAT possibly had an accomplice...also, Morgan Harrington's case? Wasn't the dna "black"? Ugh, then there's the whole dread lock guy RAT mentioned)

Going back to read.

New to this case.

Initial thoughts:

Ugh, Charlottesville----RAT's in prison, he was ruled out in AR's case, right? Then there's the past speculation on if RAT possible had an accomplice...also, Morgan Harrington's case? Wasn't the dna "black"? Ugh, then there's the whole dread lock guy RAT mentioned)

Going back to read.

Hi, Margarita...In this link, there are some interesting comments on your thoughts: http://www.c-ville.com/police-searching-missing-uva-second-year-hannah-graham/#.VBp-uZRdWSo

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/cha...g-for-university-of-virginia-student/28064644

he unidentified white male in the videos came to the police department. He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going. Soon after he was following her, he said that a black male came up to her and put his arm around her, stopping her. Ms. Graham and this black male started speaking and it appeared to the witness that the black male was either known to Ms. Graham or was trying to help her. The witness then walked away and he said that Ms. Graham and the black male were still standing and talking when he left.The black male is not shown in either of these videos.
now im really confused BBM

bbm; thoughts?

"He claims he was following her through the downtown pedestrian mall because she looked distressed. Before he could reach her, he says another man came up to her, put his arm around her and talked to her. " http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/cha...g-for-university-of-virginia-student/28064644

This seems to be at odds with the video. He had plenty of time to speak with her. Why would he hide from someone he was trying to help?

Ive done this before, seen someone who looked like they were in distress (flat tire and I even circled the block) before contemplating stopping to help them out. (You cant be too careful nowadays as ruses like this are used to take advantage of good samaritans).

When I saw someone else had already pulled over to help, I continued on about my business.

You know what I find odd? I think MH and HG kinda have the same physical characteristics. I won't necessarily say they look alike, but they have similar traits.

They're saying to disregard the text, mainly because they don't believe the location contained in the text was correct? I also think the wording on this is very odd...

www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/virg...veillance-video-missing-uva-student/15787727/

....Then, at 1:20 a.m. she texted her friends.. "I'm coming to a party... but I'm lost."

They're not saying disregard the text. What they're saying is disregard the information that she was in the vicinity of 14th St. at 1:20am when the text was sent. They realized that that information was wrong probably when the witness came forward saying they spotted her in the area of the Mall at about 1:00, which then directed LE to seek videos from the Mall, yielding the latest videos (1:06am and 1:08am). The investigation probably was hampered early on when they were looking for videos in the 14th St. area at about 1:20am, which was the best information they had at the time. But police are NOT saying to disregard the text. Again, she had no idea where she was, thinking she was at 14th St. when she was actually about 20 minutes away in the area of the Mall.

bbm; thoughts?

I'm not sure what to think about that statement, but I will say I have never seen a girl move so fast in all my life. Every piece of footage I've seen she was hotstepping it. Why was she walking so fast? Is that normal for her? I mean was she looking for something or someone or mad? It almost seems as if she was on a mission. To what? I have no idea.

Graham, who was reportedly a member of the University’s ski team, was with fellow team members until about 11:30pm Friday night, when she headed to a fraternity party with a friend.

A Facebook post making the rounds on Monday says Graham left Camden Plaza—a student housing complex on 14th Street NW—at around 11:50pm Friday.

http://www.c-ville.com/police-searching-missing-uva-second-year-hannah-graham/#.VBp-uZRdWSo

Eta: Why did she leave a frat party 20 minutes after she got there? Anything happen? Did she have anything to drink? Eat?

If this was already posted let me know and I will delete.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Police release haunting footage of missing UVA student Hannah Graham running outside gas station and stumbling outside pub at 1am as parents reveal they now fear foul play

Wearing a short top and trousers, the 18-year-old appears disorientated. She halts by the side the pub’s outside beer garden before falling off the curb.
The teenager can be seen running in a second video taken from a 24-hour Shell petrol station on Preston Avenue, less than half a mile from the bar.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-outside-Shell-gas-station-breaking-run.html

Charlottesville’s Chief of Police Timothy Longo said he did not believe she was being chased as the second film shows her stop running and walking.
He was also pained to point out that no one should judge the student just because she appeared to be intoxicated and that the most important thing now is to find her.

If this was already posted let me know and I will delete.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Police release haunting footage of missing UVA student Hannah Graham running outside gas station and stumbling outside pub at 1am as parents reveal they now fear foul play

Direct link to article and video:
(lots of photos at this link)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2759649/New-video-shows-missing-UVA-student-Hannah-Graham-walking-outside-Shell-gas-station-breaking-run.html#video

1410975797377_wps_25_UVA_student_Hannah_Graham.jpg

If one of those people drove her then she would have thought she'd be at 14th St soon or maybe even was within 12 minutes. That is highly likely. IMO, she does not ever look disoriented to me.

What if she did get back to 14th St and something happened then.

The first reports I heard had the 1:20 text saying: "14th & Wertland, I'm lost come find me." Now they are saying it is something entirely different.

They're not saying disregard the text. What they're saying is disregard the information that she was in the vicinity of 14th St. at 1:20am when the text was sent. They realized that that information was wrong probably when the witness came forward saying they spotted her in the area of the Mall at about 1:00, which then directed LE to seek videos from the Mall, yielding the latest videos (1:06am and 1:08am). The investigation probably was hampered early on when they were looking for videos in the 14th St. area at about 1:20am, which was the best information they had at the time. But police are NOT saying to disregard the text. Again, she had no idea where she was, thinking she was at 14th St. when she was actually about 20 minutes away in the area of the Mall.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Purely speculation here, but what if she left the mall with the black male who had his arm around her? That would explain the bloodhounds picking up her scent at the parking garage.The white male who came forward at the police station said she looked to be in physical distress. Maybe she didnt think she could walk back to her apartment and accepted the proffered ride.

Its not inconceivable to think that 12 minutes later she would be somewhere close to what she assumed was 14th and Wertland, especially if she was in a car.

If the suspect was driving around back streets trying to pick a remote out of the way spot that would certainly explain why she said she was lost.

He may have been too distracted/excited about the prospect of what he planned to do to her to notice immediately that she was texting a friend.

I can see an attacker becoming enraged at this and throwing the cell phone out of the window or at something to prevent further communication.He also could have simply taken it from her and shut it off.

I hope this isnt what happened but it seems to connect several threads together into a believable scenario at least.

If I were the police Id be focusing on finding out who this unidentified male is and attempting to find his vehicle (if there was one)

Running? Lost? Intoxicated? Could she have been hit by a car? (hit and run, side of the road, or cover up)

The more we know, the crazier it gets. That last link I posted said that the WM said he watched her talking with the other guy and she didn't seem distressed. To him, he said it looked like she knew him.

In the above article the police chief spoke about her appearing inebriated:
‘The reason that information came out as from an investigative stand point, was because it suggests the fact that she was vulnerable. That she may not have been in a position to protect herself. And so we thought it important to get that information out publicly.
‘It also speaks to the fact that not only was she vulnerable that she may not have been in a position to make good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member