VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are these times accurate? She left the party at 11:50 and it took nearly an hour before she showed up at McGrady's? I guess it doesn't matter where she was between the party and the pub since we know she made it to the mall. Also she doesn't seem disoriented to me; she seems to be going to these places deliberately, IMO, with some sort of purpose. I wonder what or who she was looking for.

The more we know, the crazier it gets. That last link I posted said that the WM said he watched her talking with the other guy and she didn't seem distressed. To him, he said it looked like she knew him.

Does this mean she only appeared distressed to him while he was following her? :thinking:

If one of those people drove her then she would have thought she'd be at 14th St soon or maybe even was within 12 minutes. That is highly likely. IMO, she does not ever look disoriented to me.

As an ex-bartender of 25 years, I speak with some authority when I say that being drunk as well as how fast one sobers up is dependent on several factors. And no, coffee is not one of them.

5'11 is really tall for a girl. In general, the taller and larger someone is the more they have to drink to become drunk; conversely they also sober up a bit quicker than someone who is 4'11 and weighs 90 lbs.

Given this information, and the amount of physical activity Hannah subjected herself to over the course of a couple of hours, I doubt she was all that inebriated at 1am.

Woah, those videos are scary. The one where the guy waits in the doorway and then steps out to follow her sets alarm bells ringing. He is obviously watching her. And she seems to me to look fairly unstable on her feet in that video too, wobbly. I agree that it looks like the dreadlocked guy walking alongside her. They way his shirt is hanging when they are walking past the jewellery shop is too similar to the shot of him apart from her to be a different person for me.

It's good that the police are able to make a CCTV trail of her as they can pick up evidence like this and check tapes from places that she should pass if she continues in the same direction. Hopefully more evidence will keep coming in.

I think she looks out of it and I dont necessarily mean alcohol. I have a feeling she may have been ruffied (?) and then followed.

They aren't exactly trying to keep the videos under wraps -- they appear to be showing them to the media people as fast as they can.

Locals, can somebody tell me where the Belmont Bridge is? Googlemaps doesn't seem to know about it.

The Belmont Bridge is an overpass of Avon Street where it crosses over Water Street. It is right next to the Charlottesville Pavilion.

I think she looks out of it and I dont necessarily mean alcohol. I have a feeling she may have been ruffied (?) and then followed.

But, if that happened you'd think there'd be someone following her on that video where she'd roaming around the outdoor patio of the bar. Doesn't look like that at all. (Assuming the drugging took place at the party or wherever she went after she left the party).

Was working my way through the first thread, then saw the recent video release...and have watched it over and over to try to make some sense. I cannot see anyone with dreads! And it's bizarre how the one person (who looks like a thin man, with a white t-shirt) appears and then Hannah appears from nowhere. Is this a one-story mall, or is there an escalator at this area of the mall (in the black & white video)? How frustrating to be unable to see this more clearly......

It's not a shopping mall in the sense I believe you are thinking of. It's a portion of Main Street which was bricked over in the 70s and closed to cars except for a couple of crossovers, one near each end. No escalators. The outdoor eating areas for the restaurants, fountains, trees, etc. are all where the street used to be. The buildings are mostly probably 80-100 years old, two stories and up, with businesses on the ground floor and apartments or offices on upper floors.

So many questions from these statements:

'She had been drinking quite a bit,' said Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants to WRIC.
'She told him that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left.'
Over the next 35 minutes she sent increasingly erratic texts to her friends.
'One text message said, 'I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland' said Pleasants. 'It's in an area she's very familiar with.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-gas-station-breaking-run.html#ixzz3Df5dw8zL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If she was going home at 11:50, why were her friends then later waiting for her at a party? (At 1.20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.) How/why are her friends so sure that her departure time was 11:50? After leaving the first party, did something change her mind about going home after all? What was she doing between 11:50 and 12:45 when she was spotted on video? Is there additional video of that timevframe that may surface? Where was the party at which they were waiting for her? Is this information even accurate that she was going to another party?

What were these "increasingly erratic texts" and to whom were they sent? We've only really heard about that final text.

Regarding final text, based on how fast she'd been moving, and depending on where the party was that she was supposedly going to meet her friends at (???), I guess her final text could have been accurate and meant "I think I'm in the general area where the party is, but I can't quite find the house....help!" (i.e. if the party was around the area she mentioned?)

re: talking to strangers after being described as being in distress.. also shades of Morgan Harrington, who grabbed that guy's arm at the concert and tried to get back in with him. At the time some posters suggested that was also in order to appear like she wasn't unaccompanied. :/

Cleared or not cleared the guy coming out of the doorway to follow Hannah was one of the scariest few seconds of anything I've ever seen.

Bookmarking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was she on some kind of scavenger hunt. With a time limit. Was she supposed to go to certain locations
find certain things or ppl ask questions to a final destination? she was all over the place. then poof.

Someone has her I feel. She went out of her comfort zone. Left The areas she knew.

Very odd isn't it?

This article says the creepy white guy didn't contact the police until after 10 p.m. on Wednesday to tell them about his sighting of Hannah. That makes me think he only contacted them when he realized that they were going to find footage with him in it. That makes him seem more suspicious.

This article says that the black man she was later seen with cannot be seen in the released videos.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_4756846a-c32f-51ee-9925-54480373adc5.html

Was she on some kind of scavenger hunt. With a time limit. Was she supposed to go to certain locations
find certain things or ppl ask questions to a final destination? she was all over the place. then poof.

Someone has her I feel. She went out of her comfort zone. Left The areas she knew.

Very odd isn't it?

I thought the same. Like a sorority activity.
My son pledged last year, so, I am well aware of the crazy/dangerous/stupid tasks they
Have to complete. She looks like she is on a mission.

I completely agree. In one of the ABC video's you are right, the guy with dreadlocks and in white walks past going to the right and then cuts through the chair area and doubles back and falls in behind the large group of guys behind Hannah. Question: In the beginning of the video (before Hannah comes into the video) 2 women walk past and it almost looks like the "high five" or pass off something to the guy with dreadlocks and in white. I might be crazy or have a wild imagination but please look.

At the pub there is a white guy in the porch area in the background when Hannah walks past. Does he look like the creepy white guy on the mall? The film is so grainy I can't really tell, but when I woke up this morning that was my first thought: that he could have spied her when he was at the pub, then driven after her and planted himself on the mall because he does look like he is waiting for her to pass. Of course, his story to police could be true too, that he just happened to look up and see she was in distress .... but then doesn't he later contradict himself saying she didn't look like she was in distress talking to the black guy?

So, now with the timeline and what's known, it looks like it would be impossible for Hannah to walk back to 14th and Wertland to text.... which matches early on LE saying that the location of the phone at the time of the text was not 14th & Wertland. So, let's hope there are other businesses to the SE of Sal's that can capture her on video to see if there is a different man with her then. Maybe a parking garage, etc. If they can get a glimps of what the guy was wearing , then they can search all the other area security camera videos to get a better look at the guy if he was roaming around the neighborhood.

The other possibility is this white guy is the perp, and he is using the proverbial "black guy" did it to try to throw off LE. Either way, if the white guy is the one in the video, what he says can be very important to the next step in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member