VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe . . . . but maybe not. She may have been in Cville just for the weekend and is now back home, and is not aware of the events here.

I'm assuming that the woman talking to her had to be part of this because she would have come forward correct?

It's 2014. Can't standard surveillance equipment be capable of producing crystal clear images at this point in time? It's such a hindrance in these types of cases and seems like by now it should no longer be an issue!
My thought exactly! My cell phone takes better quality videos than these security cameras!

I'm assuming that the woman talking to her had to be part of this because she would have come forward correct?
Maybe, maybe not. It is actually possible that there are people who don't even know she is missing for a variety of reasons and has no clue.

Maybe . . . . but maybe not. She may have been in Cville just for the weekend and is now back home, and is not aware of the events here.

why would hannah have been walking with some rando? was it like they were walking to get somewhere together or hannah just stopped and talked with a woman and they happened to be going in the same direction? did hannah clearly know the woman?

They aren't exactly trying to keep the videos under wraps -- they appear to be showing them to the media people as fast as they can.

Locals, can somebody tell me where the Belmont Bridge is? Googlemaps doesn't seem to know about it.

Individual store owners/managers. There are few city-owned CCTV cameras on the Downtown Mall. Most of the survelliance equipment is owned by individual store-owners. They are retrieving their footage since Friday night and reviewing (either by themselves, with employees or IT support) . . . . so all these people could be seeing the video before it is given to police. I am not aware of any downtown business owner that has turned over his video footage without looking at it. . .l . . it would be way too much for the police to sot thru. AND, many of the survelliance systems can only run or be seen on software in the business.

who is getting this access to videos before the police release them? how?

They only say the man is unidentified...I think she may have come forward to police. :dunno:

who is getting this access to videos before the police release them? how?

It could be that reporters are cold calling shops along the route and asking about video. If storeowners are reviewing the video as police have asked, they may have found something, called the police to come get it and then talked to a reporter before the Police AV Guys have a chance to review them.

They only say the man is unidentified...I think she may have come forward to police. :dunno:

wait, so is the video of two girls (hannah and the other girl) walking together with a dude behind them, stalking them without them being aware?

Yep. This. Some people never put themselves in less than safe situations. Some people take calculated risks. I do things alone, as a woman, that even my family criticize me for. It is a calculated risk. I would rather live a potentially shorter life on my terms than to live a longer one where I don't get to pursue my dreams and my passions for safety reasons. I've been lucky and smart about it, but I've had some near misses.

For the record, college age men wander off on their own as well, and if you've followed the alleged smiley face killings, you'll know that drunk college guy + water = Danger, danger, Will Robinson, complete with flailing robot arms.

2,700 teenagers died in car accidents in 2010. That is a far bigger risk than murder, but people don't blame teenagers for driving. She made a choice to walk alone. In hindsight, that was probably not the best call, but it is a call that hundreds of thousands of college age women make every weekend and it end badly for very, very few.

Being a teenager and a college kid is about learning to balance fun and responsibility, risk and reward, safety and independence. It is awful that a relatively small number of them lose this battle, but we cannot wrap them in bubble wrap.

Great post. As a 40 something woman, mom of two, living in ultimate suburbia (almost rural), I still get lots of fear going to a local park (behind a police station) to run by myself because it's almost always empty. I take mace and do not use my headphones. I'm paranoid. I wish I could be more like you.

It could be that reporters are cold calling shops along the route and asking about video. If storeowners are reviewing the video as police have asked, they may have found something, called the police to come get it and then talked to a reporter before the Police AV Guys have a chance to review them.

Parker Slaybaugh is saying he got the information directly from the police.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 8m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police now have two new videos of #hannahgraham walking on the downtown mall.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 5m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: First video shows a man walking in front of #hannahgraham. He then stops & is then seen walking behind her.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 4m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: Second video (2 mins later) shows #hannahgraham walking w/ a woman w/ the same unidentified man behind them.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video quality is not good and will release videos tomorrow to press.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police say video from Sal's Restaurant is time stamped at 1:06 AM. Tuel Jewelers video is from at 1:08 AM.
bumping

wait, so is the video of two girls (hannah and the other girl) walking together with a dude behind them, stalking them without them being aware?
I don't think we have any idea if he was stalking her or was even aware she was there. He could have just stopped to text and ended up behind her for all we know. Sure, he could be a killer, but he could also be completely innocent.

My only guess is that you know how women who have been drinking tend to chat together . . . . . haven't you ever went to the bathroom at a bar and next thing you know, you are chatting with the women in line or at the sink . . . . . women you've never met before.

why would hannah have been walking with some rando? was it like they were walking to get somewhere together or hannah just stopped and talked with a woman and they happened to be going in the same direction? did hannah clearly know the woman?

Parker Slaybaugh had well-researched, compassionate, and informed coverage throughout the Alexis Murphy case, IMO. I view this as a very legitimate source.

My only guess is that you know how women who have been drinking tend to chat together . . . . . haven't you ever went to the bathroom at a bar and next thing you know, you are chatting with the women in line or at the sink . . . . . women you've never met before.

Yes. I don't find it odd that a drunk Hannah would have been open to chatting with a woman who was a stranger. Not at all.

They aren't exactly trying to keep the videos under wraps -- they appear to be showing them to the media people as fast as they can.

Locals, can somebody tell me where the Belmont Bridge is? Googlemaps doesn't seem to know about it.

The Belmont Bridge Runs over Water Street and the railroad tracks, beyond the east end of the Downtown Mall. It is Avon St, or Rte. 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb