VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2014. Can't standard surveillance equipment be capable of producing crystal clear images at this point in time? It's such a hindrance in these types of cases and seems like by now it should no longer be an issue!
New equipment that is properly maintained and installed can provide such images. But most video equipment is "legacy" equipment - it was manufactured and installed years ago; it may or may not have been properly installed and maintained; and lenses and housings have often degraded over time, to say nothing of the practice of reusing the same magnetic storage tapes indefinitely. Don't get me started - I'd love to see the federal government stop the practice of handing out military equipment to police forces and instead provide or subsidize video and recording equipment to both PDs and private businesses. It would be cheaper and would save many more lives/solve many more crimes. If I had a dime for every time a detective spotted a camera only to find it was broken, not hooked up, or aimed improperly, I'd be a zillionaire.

I sure hope the woman was not with the man behind them. As in, some sort of "tag team". We have had some nasty cases involving couples as perps lately.

It's 2014. Can't standard surveillance equipment be capable of producing crystal clear images at this point in time? It's such a hindrance in these types of cases and seems like by now it should no longer be an issue!

Seriously, surplus iPhone 3s hooked to thumb drives would be better than most of these cameras.

I've thought a few times now that her expression/body language in the hallway looks to be a face of someone "on a mission", I've totally had those nights after a breakup or similar when I'm going out "to prove a point" or "to show I'm fine" etc, etc. Combined with the risque outfit...

Makes me curious what her intentions were that night, what her mood or plan was.

ehh well trying to figure out how to get somewhere is a mission. i don't think it was anything other than her needing to get out of that shady area!

Except that in the McGrady's video she is shown approaching it from the east, and then after circling the outdoor deck, she heads back in the direction she came from. To me it seems as if she were looking for someplace familiar to help her figure out where she was.

Googlemaps doesn't have the street around the pub in its brain, so I can't show the circle-around part. Just the out-and-back portion. I have her coming in via Grady Street but she could as easily have gone on West Street and come up from behind. Here's a closeup: https://goo.gl/maps/OuQyu

I sure hope the woman was not with the man behind them. As in, some sort of "tag team". We have had some nasty cases involving couples as perps lately.

knowing that she was walking with another girl makes me wonder if hannah wasn't given a drug or something + hit her head + it was all covered up just like the lauren spierer case.

Googlemaps doesn't have the street around the pub in its brain, so I can't show the circle-around part. Just the out-and-back portion. I have her coming in via Grady Street but she could as easily have gone on West Street and come up from behind. Here's a closeup: https://goo.gl/maps/OuQyu

I believe the video shows her coming from the east but I'd like to see it again. Here's my version: http://goo.gl/maps/YutCp

BREAKING: Charlottesville police say they have surveillance videos from Sal's Restaurant - at 1:06 a.m. Saturday - and from Tuel Jewelers - at 1:08 a.m. - that show Hannah Graham walking on the downtown mall.
A man is seen walking in front of Graham. He then stops and is then seen walking behind her. Two minutes later, Graham is seen walking with another woman with the same man following them.
Police say the quality of those videos is poor, but they will release them Thursday

WOW! That is breaking news! Within two minutes, man walking in front of her, then somehow manages to get behind her, and a woman appears and is walking with her. This man and woman must be connected!!!! Gosh I hope it's not like that sick couple that kidnapped the Amish kids! Or the couple that held the 30yr old hostage after kidnapping for months, and the woman's exhusband rescued the lady!!! There are some sick couples out there, as well as individuals. Unless there is more video with Hannah and the woman alone, and the man gone, then it appears those two know each other.

We need a time line!!!!

What time was her phone shut off or died in relation to this new video evidence???

I typed earlier that I felt someone knew she was suppose to be at a certain place and hadn't shown up, and thus that last text....sure makes one wonder!!!

I apologize if this has been mentioned but in the Shell gas station footage.. A car passes by before or right when she enters the frame, and she's running. Could the car have been followin her and decided to not chance it when she started running and circled the block or something? When the car passes, she relaxes and stars walking.. I don't know, just an idea.

Probably. It is probably the same video that Coy Barefoot referenced earlier (before the police processed it). He may have seen it earlier, while reviewing with the business owners.

is that the same video that purportedly shows her walking with another girl?

who is getting this access to videos before the police release them? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3