VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone else incredibly impressed with the sheriff at the head of this case? he seems really compassionate, savvy and on the ball.
he defended hannah's character when dummies were basically blaming her abduction on her drinking, and shaming her.

there need to be more sheriffs like him!!! my heart sinks when i think of all the missing girls who didn't have someone like sheriff longo, advocating and fighting for their return.
and how the community is rallying around hannah! you can definitely feel the love.

Why are these video's of Hannah so hard to watch? It's like knowing she's in trouble and you just can't help her at that time.

I agree. I'm so sick to my stomach over this.

It is interesting how much is being released so quickly.

Has anyone considered she was taken into sex trafficking????

well,. that's always a possibility i guess but it's a super remote one. most girls that are trafficked are quite young, and it's uncommon for this to occur in the US among that population.

is anyone else incredibly impressed with the sheriff at the head of this case? he seems really compassionate, savvy and on the ball.
he defended hannah's character when dummies were criticizing her for drinking, as if to blame her for her probable abduction.
there need to be more sheriffs like him!!!

Well I would not expect him to use this as a time to talk about underage drinking. Though it does sound as though it is almost taken for granted that the underage college kids drink, Imo. I wonder if they did their drinking in the dorm or were served in bars. It could matter, at some point.

Maybe she just simply liked to run. I'm reminded of being in college and there was a guy I went to college with who ran everywhere, and he was known for it. And not always in running clothing (although he was on the track and cross country teams). He was also very odd and, looking back, I'm sure he had some sort of diagnosis.....(not at all saying Hannah did....that was just a totally OT comment :) ). But, some people just are more hyper than others and are more apt to run!

Agree - and she was in good physical shape. That made the fact that she was running by the gas station a little (?) less weird to me.

Well I would not expect him to use this as a time to talk about underage drinking. Though it does sound as though it is almost taken for granted that the underage college kids drink, Imo. I wonder if they did their drinking in the dorm or were served in bars. It could matter, at some point.

yeah. he didn't have to defend her in the way he did, though. i commend him for really trying to shut up the shaming. not all sheriffs do that.

well,. that's always a possibility i guess but it's a super remote one. most girls that are trafficked are quite young, and it's uncommon for this to occur in the US.

My husband, who just had to testify against a former employee in a sex trafficking case in the U.S., would disagree ;). It is everywhere. I'm not saying this is or isn't what happened here, but the recent reporting of a woman AND man being seen with her open it up as a possibility for me. (In the case I just mentioned, a man and woman were both indicted).

i don't think it's weird at all that she was running. sometimes if i'm walking somewhere a little shady i'll pick up the pace to hopefully be less vulnerable to a possible attacker

I agree. I'm so sick to my stomach over this.

It is interesting how much is being released so quickly.

I am too. And I have this heavy feeling of dread hanging over me, like the night they found Jessica Ridgway.

My husband, who just had to testify against a former employee in a sex trafficking case in the U.S., would disagree ;). It is everywhere. I'm not saying this is or isn't what happened here, but the recent reporting of a woman AND man being seen with her open it up as a possibility for me. (In the case I just mentioned, a man and woman were both indicted).

she isn't really the ideal age for it though. i feel like most girls abducted into trafficking are fairly young.

It happens in Virginia to suburban young woman and teens EVERY WEEK in Virginia. It has become regular news in the DC suburbs. And, there have been at least two well publicized cases out of the Central VA and the Shenandoah region in the last year. One girl was retrieved from a home in South Arlington. HG is only 18. And, these traffickers often use other trafficked females to lure the girls away.

A few years ago, Two teens disappeared from Fairfax County. They were lured away by some older guys and were later retrieved in SC.

she isn't really the ideal age for it though. i feel like most girls abducted into trafficking are fairly young.

True, but she's the perfect age for the case I just mentioned. Most girls were Hannah's age. It was the few that were "just" underage that got the couple in huge trouble. (And transporting across state lines).

When it comes to the RSO, why does the guy already mentioned seem to stand out? She wouldn't have went by his home going from McGrady's to the Downtown mall. He wouldn't have been at Labor Ready working. Because he may look similar to the suspect in MHs case doesn't mean he is, in fact I doubt he is at all. For reference, he's 51 and he was convicted in '90. (Almost 25 years ago)

However, there is an RSO who has committed a violent act within two years and he LIVES in the same vicinity she was LAST seen. I can't recall the RSO rules as far as if pictures are allowed and their info, but here's the name and I've included an attachment of the map that shows not only his address, but where he works at, which is actually somewhere she passed on her way downtown. (Manpower)

HAISLIP, CHARLES, EDWARD
He's 26, 6 ft 1 in
Brown hair
Blue eyes
He actually looks like a typical college student.

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    221.7 KB · Views: 362
It happens in Virginia to suburban young woman and teens EVERY WEEK in Virginia. It has become regular news in the DC suburbs. And, there have been at least two well publicized cases out of the Central VA and Shenandoah region in the last year. One girl was retrieved was retrieved from a home in South Arlington. HG is only 18. And, these traffickers often use other trafficked females to lure the girls away.

every week? seriously?
i can't believe that.
why is there not more national coverage?
are these women generally minorities, from poorer pockets in the suburbs?
i feel like when white girls get abducted/almost abducted there's generally quite a bit of attention.

It happens in Virginia to suburban young woman and teens EVERY WEEK in Virginia. It has become regular news in the DC suburbs. And, there have been at least two well publicized cases out of the Central VA and the Shenandoah region in the last year. One girl was retrieved was retrieved from a home in South Arlington. HG is only 18. And, these traffickers often use other trafficked females to lure the girls away.

Yep :(.

"Drunk running" is a pretty big (half joking) conversational topic amongst bar-frequenting college students.. All the times we've done it I obviously never stopped to think about what it would've looked like had someone gone missing that night.

every week? seriously?
i can't believe that.

I have some girlfriends heavily invested in sex trafficking charities and they post about it frequently on FB. It happens WAY more than you think :(. And, you have to broaden your definition of sex trafficking. It's not just bad guys plucking people off the street. It's grooming of troubled teens, luring them into situations that they think will be something else, etc. When my husband had to testify, his eyes were opened by what it actually IS compared to what he thought it was. Sex trafficking is a huge, huge problem in the U.S.A. :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3