VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. But Hannah was definitely vulnerable that night, and my goodness, one only has to read a discussion about a case like this to figure out a great way to lure a "well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area"....:(.

but drunk vulnerable is different from 'grooming' vulnerable. i doubt traffickers prowl the area around university of virginia... they're far more savvy. they go after girls in horrible situations and no support system who can be brainwashed into going with them

i bet these are girls from vulnerable backgrounds/situations though. hannah seemed like she had a really good support system + was quite driven and happy. i don't think many well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area get abducted for sex trafficking.
i mean, when a pretty, relatively rich white girl gets abducted it always gets national attention!
Many are not abducted they are kept prostituting by threats to their loved ones and family members. They prey on girls who feel flattered, loved, or infatuated by their initial attention. They are coming from all socio-economic backgrounds. You can google the Fairfax County cases.

i think it was less than 10 minutes. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Many are not abducted they are kept prostituting by threats to their loved ones and family members. They prey on girls who feel flattered, loved, or infatuated by their initial attention. They are coming from all socio-economic backgrounds. You can google the Fairfax County cases.

yeah, but you're neglecting the point about 'support systems.' hannah was very close to her family and involved in student groups and made good grades. there's no reason to believe she would have sought out that attention. she seemed incredibly busy with her vibrant life and activities.

Galax Fire Dept. ‏@GalaxFireDept
GFD member J. Ayers, also a member of Blacksburg Mountain Search & Rescue Group, on scene searching for #HannahGraham. Prayers for family.

Wow they are still out there searching.I wonder if there is more information.

NBC 29: Man following Hannah has been IDed and is talking with police, who don't believe he is responsible for Hannah's disappearance.

http://www.nbc29.com/category/175730/live-stream-landing-page (live stream)

Apparently the man noticed Hannah was in trouble, was following in case she was in trouble. Noticed a black male as well, talking with her, holding her arm(!), assumed he was helping her as well.

Edit: Tweet for citation: https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm/status/512436303863238656

OMG! i wonder how they cleared him though.

yeah, but you're neglecting the point about 'support systems.' hannah was very close to her family and involved in student groups and made good grades. there's no reason to believe she would have sought out that attention. she seemed incredibly busy with her vibrant life and activities.

I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that. Just that perhaps it could have been a crime of opportunity if traffickers happened upon her in her state. (Unlikely, I agree, but it's a possibility like anything else).

I hope they find more video...though not anxious to see her being taken.

Wow, is this a tactic by police--release information as they get it?? Is that wise? Can't figure the reason for releasing so much, other than to maybe jog memories?

So the man following said he noticed a black man? Was he the only one that noticed this black man? Sorry, but as far as I'm aware at this point this guy was the only one on video. And why didn't this concerned citizen contact LE prior to this?

Wow, is this a tactic by police--release information as they get it?? Is that wise? Can't figure the reason for releasing so much, other than to maybe jog memories?

to encourage tips. the more info that's out there, the more news outlets cover the case, people pay attention and are likely to speak up.

i mean, if they release these videos and people recognize the men in them... that obviously speeds up resolution of the case.

Could indicate they are watching someone for reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has to be their reason because VA LE do not usually work this way. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members