VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - and she was in good physical shape. That made the fact that she was running by the gas station a little (?) less weird to me.

When I first saw the pics released of what Hannah was wearing the night she went missing, I immediately thought she was a runner or someone into physical fitness.

To me at least, it doesnt look an outfit a young woman would wear to impress anyone at a party or a night of drinking. For all we know this could have been the route she runs/walks almost every night.

Running drunk has become a bit of a sport recently as well.Google Hash House Harriers.Not saying that was the case here but its more common than people would think.

Why are these video's of Hannah so hard to watch? It's like knowing she's in trouble and you just can't help her at that time.
Agreed - it's very difficult to watch knowing that she may only have minutes left to live. The toughest videos to watch that I've ever seen are crime scene recordings that captured the last moments of innocent victims, like a man happening to enter a convenience store as it was being robbed at gunpoint. I wanted so much to shout, "no, sir! Turn around, don't go in there!" but of course you can't turn back the clock...

I have some girlfriends heavily invested in sex trafficking charities and they post about it frequently on FB. It happens WAY more than you think :(. And, you have to broaden your definition of sex trafficking. It's not just bad guys plucking people off the street. It's grooming of troubled teens, luring them into situations that they think will be something else, etc. When my husband had to testify, his eyes were opened by what it actually IS compared to what he thought it was. Sex trafficking is a huge, huge problem in the U.S.A. :(.

right. but hannah obviously wouldn't fit into the 'grooming' category. i imagine it's far more rare that girls get randomly plucked off the street. especially well-off girls in an okay/fairly nice area.

My only guess is that you know how women who have been drinking tend to chat together . . . . . haven't you ever went to the bathroom at a bar and next thing you know, you are chatting with the women in line or at the sink . . . . . women you've never met before.
I do that when I'm sober. [emoji5]

every week? seriously?
i can't believe that.
why is there not more national coverage?
are these women generally minorities, from poorer pockets in the suburbs?
i feel like when white girls get abducted/almost abducted there's generally quite a bit of attention.
It gets next to no attention sadly. Sex and work trafficking are very real and cross all races and socio-economic lines. There is a very good albeit disturbing book about upscale schools, white kids, and girls luring other girls into trafficking and captivity, sometimes for nothing more than designer clothes. Again, not saying that is what is going on here at all, but thr perception that trafficking is an immigrant, poor, child only, other country problem needs to change.

I now wonder if she was set up.Maybe met someone at the party and told to meet them at the pub.Maybe that's why she talked to the doorman? It does look like she had a destination at first.Why go in that direction? Maybe from there maybe they followed her from a distance.I think this may have started from that party. This is all JMO

I have a very sad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I feel somewhat invested in Hannah, everyone I know at one time or another has been in her position, drunk and vulnerable and it's just unfortunate that she met the wrong person at the wrong time. I'm hoping that there is a positive outcome, but I'm feeling otherwise.

every week? seriously?
i can't believe that.
why is there not more national coverage?
are these women generally minorities, from poorer pockets in the suburbs?
i feel like when white girls get abducted/almost abducted there's generally quite a bit of attention.
Because many of the teens, in Fairfax County, are lured in by young men that deceive them. They ply the girls with nice things, compliments, take them to clubs, break down their inhibitions and then start prostituting the girls. Then the men use intimidation to keep the girls working. The girls continue to go to school and go home to sleep. It's been well publicized over the last year. Recently dozens of people were rounded up and arrested in stings throughout Northern Virginia and the Central Virginia regions. The current Governor has trafficking on his current agenda.

If bloodhounds were brought out along that area, they would have likely found her or stopped where the scent ended, as it appears that a lot of her path is known. That she might have disappeared into a parking garage is what scares me. That means she could have gotten into a car and then it's over. She could have been taken anywhere with no scent to follow and now more video footage of her. ANy way of tracking every single car in that garage during that time period? Each car must be on record going by some camera as it went into the garage or out. Though every bit of the garage might not be under surveillance, it's likely each car could be indetnified. Also cameras catching every car going by her last caught image? It's going to take a while, but they might be able to track each car. Identifying any person in the film footage with Hannah is going to be tough. Quality of the photo is too poor. But car plates can be traced.

Because many of the teens, in Fairfax County, are lured in by young men that deceive them. They ply the girls with nice things, compliments, take them to clubs, break down their inhibitions and then start prostituting the girls. Then the men use intimidation to keep the girls working. The girls continue to go to school and go home to sleep. It;s been well publicized over the last year. Recently dozens of people have been rounded up and arrested in stings throughout Northern Virginia and the Central Virginia regions. The current Governor has trafficking on his current agenda.

i bet these are girls from vulnerable backgrounds/situations though. hannah seemed like she had a really good support system + was quite driven and happy. i don't think many well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area get abducted for sex trafficking.
i mean, when a pretty, relatively rich white girl gets abducted it always gets national attention!

If bloodhounds were brought out along that area, they would have likely found her or stopped where the scent ended, as it appears that a lot of her path is known. That she might have disappeared into a parking garage is what scares me. That means she could have gotten into a car and then it's over. She could have been taken anywhere with no scent to follow and now more video footage of her. ANy way of tracking every single car in that garage during that time period? Each car must be on record going by some camera as it went into the garage or out. Though every bit of the garage might not be under surveillance, it's likely each car could be indetnified. Also cameras catching every car going by her last caught image? It's going to take a while, but they might be able to track each car. Identifying any person in the film footage with Hannah is going to be tough. Quality of the photo is too poor. But car plates can be traced.

the videos might indicate her 'traveling companion' though. if they can identify the guy, then there's a good shot of resolving this. chances are, he's a repeat offender.

Im not sure if this is the case at that particular garage or in other parts of the country, but most of the garages here in central Va still require you to punch a ticket when leaving, at least during business hours.

Even if they are manned by no one, they have to provide a way for people who pick up their vehicles after hours to leave.

Will still be a record of it, although it may take some work to find it.

If he had something to do with this. Maybe he didn't.

If he had something to do with this. Maybe he didn't.

chances are that he did. she didn't just disappear. and she probably disappeared right around when her phone shut off, so there's only so much time for another creepy dude to step in.

hannah has been described as super organized and on the ball, so i feel like she wouldn't be the type to forget to charge her phone. her phone was shut off deliberately, and probably not by her.

Those video shots, including the one in the hallway first released, all seem like she is not only running around in circles, but perhaps trying to find someone she was supposed to meet... I guess they'd know by now if the cell phone has numbers which are suspicious or the computer at school. Sorry for Hannah and her parents and brother to go through this suffering :(

i bet these are girls from vulnerable backgrounds/situations though. hannah seemed like she had a really good support system + was quite driven and happy. i don't think many well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area get abducted for sex trafficking.
i mean, when a pretty, relatively rich white girl gets abducted it always gets national attention!

Very true. But Hannah was definitely vulnerable that night, and my goodness, one only has to read a discussion about a case like this to figure out a great way to lure a "well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area"....:(.

chances are that he did. she didn't just disappear. and she probably disappeared right around when her phone shut off, so there's only so much time for another creepy dude to step in.

hannah has been described as super organized and on the ball, so i feel like she wouldn't be the type to forget to charge her phone. her phone was shut off deliberately, and probably not by her.

Good point. Wasn't it only like 20 min. later, if that, that her phone shut off?

i bet these are girls from vulnerable backgrounds/situations though. i don't think many well-educated, upper middle class women in a relatively nice area get abducted for sex trafficking.

Agreed. That and being invited out to "a club" is generally seen as an out-of-date creeper move. Drinks at a bar, sure..
When a "self-inflicted" situation is ruled out, the media leaps on it.
It;s been well publicized over the last year.

Links please. Not to be confrontational, just every time a case like this happens with someone from this age range, this is always proposed as a possibility, and I have yet to see it play out in reality. However, the cases we don't hear about on the news because they're foster children or frequent runaways who run in a "bad crowd.." those aren't the ones going to college classes like everything is normal. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!