VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I've watched the jeweler video and sal's video. Here are my impressions: if BG was protecting HG and hustling her away from WG, why did BG not make any offensive moves like yelling to the guy or trying to intimate him.

WG looks to me to be of no threat. He seems older/out of shape and not walking very fast.

However, on the jeweler video, BG and HG are waking quickly, with his arm on hers, with their gaits matching. I get the distinct impression he is in control of her and is marching her somewhere.

How did the potbelly white guy KNOW to call the police if he hadn't been watching this very, very closely? He may be a perfectly nice man, but...if I were LE I would not be done with him yet.

Exactly. The police said he came into the station at 10:15pm last night. The first time the video was shown on TV was probably on the 10 o'clock news (or a description of the video's contents were reported then at least; I think the TV stations didn't get the video itself until 11 o'clock). That either means he's the perp and has been watching everything about the case closely and waiting to see if they got him on camera, or maybe he just happened to see himself on the news. I doubt he just happened to see himself though. If he keeps track of the local news he was certainly aware of Hannah being missing for days and must have known she was the girl he followed. I'm torn between CWG and dreadlocks. Really a close call. Logic tells me its CWG but the way dreadlocks circled around and walked with Hannah is hard to ignore also. My gut tells me she wouldn't go anywhere with dreadlocks though. Even if he's a bit gregarious he would have probably raised red flags with Hannah even in an intoxicated state. Yeah, partly a race thing but also he must have been pushy and the dreadlocks and ponchy stomach and being older add up. Just doesn't strike me as someone Hannah would trust under any state she's in.

Not according to this; they circle the guy and say HE called police
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/1...ought-disappearance-uva-student-hannah-graham

cell phone guy was following her. then she stopped dreadlock guy to wait with her. then cell phone guy waits and follows until dreadlock guy goes away. then cell phone guy takes Hanna and uses dreadlock guy to throw police off his trail.

Hannah was practically running past Sal's. Cell phone guy was ahead of her. did she not know that? was she afraid of the group of boys? or did she think cell phone guy was still behind her? When she saw him waiting she speeds up a bit. Once the fight or flight kicks in people don't act rationally or from their cognitive brain. she was like a mouse in a maze.

I am confused about one thing though. Why did it take a couple days for WG to call the tip line. Surely he would have known they were looking for her before that. Was he waiting to see if they had him on video.

I don't think he waited 'days'.... and even if he had, it's possible he was freaked out because maybe he was following Hannah because he thought she was attractive or he was aware how creepy he would probably come off, and needed to figure out how he would present his story

Yep.

That said, even though he makes my hinky meter go off, if he really WAS a good samaritan, he could have just felt satisfied enough when the other guy joined Hannah to leave her be.

Ok I'm missing some info. When did this other guy join her? BG handed her off to another guy?

That's actually really helpful to know. I am in a big city, and he would really stand out if he were in the "hipster" downtown area at 1 in the morning.

There are LOTS of people on the Downtown Mall at this time of night that look like the guy people are calling "CWG" . . . . and like Dreadlock guy . . . . and like the women walking. My point being that Cville, for being such a small town is truly a melting-pot of diversity (especially the Downtown Area). I have watched the videos at least 20 times and no one in the video seems out of place or odd to me for the area at that time of night . . . . there are college students, townies, bar/cafe workers getting off-shift, homeless people, etc. I really don't think we should stereotype anyone here.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/26561910/hannah-update

"That's right the man we saw in the video actually came here to the police department. He tells us he was indeed following Hannah. He saw her. She appeared to be in distress. So he was following her to make sure she got to where she was going safely. As he was following her, he says a black male came up to her and put his arm around her. He stopped her. They were talking, and from what he could see it was either someone she knew or someone who was trying to help her. He thought everything was fine, and so he walked away," said Captain Gary Pleasants in a live interview with NBC 12.

http://www.nbc12.com/clip/10597279/raw-surveillance-video-shows-man-following-hannah-graham :49

http://www.nbc12.com/clip/10596910/...in-surveillance-video-following-hannah-graham 1:27

I agree CWG looks shady from the time he first appears. The first couple of times I watched the video I couldn't really identify Hannah right away, however, I did notice CWG and thought he looked creepy.

as he's walking on screen, he's looking around him and walking sort of slowly. like he's keeping and eye on her from up ahead. he's also maybe looking for a place to stop and wait. he picks a very obvious spot.

No, we're saying if pot-bellied guy were really just watching out for Hannah, why didn't he keep watching her to make sure she was safe?
I'm saying that maybe once Hannah joined up with long haired guy, pot bellied guy backed off.

Ok I'm missing some info. When did this other guy join her? BG handed her off to another guy?

Other things I've read:

a bloodhound followed her scent to the grass around the Lexis building near there, which apparently has a car junkyard near it?? (I can't find the junkyard on Google Maps.)

there was mention before about her scent being picked up in a parking garage??? Sorry, no link.

It's funny that this WG picks out the one vulnerable girl out of everyone person that passes by to follow. He also knew she was distressed, which means he must of been watching her. It could be nothing but it does strike me has odd. Not to mention WG pretends to mess or look at his cell phone prior to her passing.

I don't think the videos were time stamped with seconds or that info wasn't given out. One video could be from 1:06:58 and another from 1:08:01 for instance being closer to one minute than 2 minutes. I think we just don't know the exact timeline down to the seconds.

Yes. My point of 207 ft was that the black guy was well behind Hannah and only had 207 at the most to catch up to her with her rapid pace.

Ok. I've watched the jeweler video and sal's video. Here are my impressions: if BG was protecting HG and hustling her away from WG, why did BG not make any offensive moves like yelling to the guy or trying to intimate him.

WG looks to me to be of no threat. He seems older/out of shape and not walking very fast.

However, on the jeweler video, BG and HG are waking quickly, with his arm on hers, with their gaits matching. I get the distinct impression he is in control of her and is marching her somewhere.

When I asked a couple to wait with me when I was about to be mugged they didn't do or say anything to the guy. just waiting and asked me if I wanted them to call police. dreads would not necessarily want to cause a scene/fight.

They are walking slower past the jewelry store and cell phone guy is still following. As if she feels more comfortable, IMO. I think cell phone guy waited til dreads was gone.

No, we're saying if pot-bellied guy were really just watching out for Hannah, why didn't he keep watching her to make sure she was safe?
I'm saying that maybe once Hannah joined up with long haired guy, pot bellied guy backed off.

Yes, I think this. Pot belly WG backed off because he was under the impression BG knew HG and would get her home or that she was with meeting BG and was distressed because they had their plans confused about where to meet, etc.

I also have to add...when a young woman is missing, I absolutely think we should stereotype anyone and everyone who may be involved, particularly someone who called the police and admitted to following her. They should be finding out everything they possibly can about this guy.

There are LOTS of people on the Downtown Mall at this time of night that look like the guy people are calling "CWG" . . . . and like Dreadlock guy . . . . and like the women walking. My point being that Cville, for being such a small town is truly a melting-pot of diversity (especially the Downtown Area). I have watched the videos at least 20 times and no one in the video seems out of place or odd to me for the area at that time of night . . . . there are college students, townies, bar/cafe workers getting off-shift, homeless people, etc. I really don't think we should stereotype anyone here.

I hope I'm not repeating what has already been written. I think this girl was high as a kite on 'something' more than booze. I don't think she'll be found dead of murder or rape, but she probably will be found dead.

I would imagine that since she had a cell phone, LE should be able to know from the pings how far out of the area she is, if in fact she is out of that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive