VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I have pretty much always been in college towns (since I left a major metro area for college), and I haven't seen many women on foot alone in some of the places she was. I mean, that stretch near the gas station? It looks like there is almost no foot traffic. Even the wander she took all the way around the deck at McGregors looked weird and the area slightly sketchy to me.

Agreed. I guess what I should clarify is that I don't think it's a COMMON occurrence but that when it does happen (that someone gets hammered and does something stupid like this ) this is what it looks like. I'm sort of trying to refute posts where people say she looks erratic, disoriented, on drugs (i.e. roofied), etc. I just don't think it looks that way. I think she looks like a normal drunk girl doing something stupid. Nothing in her demeanor makes me think she is anything other than drunk which was why I was saying...if we all looked at a random 60 seconds of our behavior from when we were drunk sometime, we'd look just like her - determined walk, acting as if we're going somewhere, walking way too far for our own good before realizing it, etc.

Not sure if I'm making sense. LOL! Just trying to say that while I don't think it's common that you would see someone in her state (wandering around alone) the few times you DO see something like that doesn't necessarily mean the person is under any other influence besides alcohol or that there's some bizarre reason behind their wanderings. It's just that that was the stupid decision they made that night while drinking.

AND - bars need to put policies in place. If a young girl alone or heck, anyone looking a little lost tries to get in a place, let them in. This bar could have sat her down and served her water or a Coke and had her call a friend. Don't deny entrance to a young girl alone especially at this time of day.

she's on the sidewalk , travels by the back fence then appears ,walking towards the camera then steps out of the frame for a minute or two ,reappears wlks toward camera then you can barely see the top of her hear as she makes her way to the door between the outdoor area and the entrance to the bar...you can follow her as she continues past the large framed male(bouncer) and heads away from the viewer and crosses the street..
I enlarged the video so I could see it better. Thanks. Your comments help. So very sad. Can't believe her so called friends left her alone in that condition.

What kind of friends would leave this girl alone at any time on a night out? She is not from this country and you just think ONE person would have stayed with her the whole night out of decency. People just stink! Wasn't there ONE single person that was not so drunk or whatever that they would not have stayed with her to make sure she was okay? Selfish world!

She has been here since she was 5.

Here is what concerns me.... The BG is walking in a different direction at the mall and then crosses over and comes up behind the group of guys that are seen behind Hannah and the WG who steps out of the door frame. Minutes later BG is seen in the jewelry store video walking beside her with WG behind them. So he bypassed WG to catch up to her. Th YouTube video shows this all clearly.....BUT what was she doing to attract the attention of BOTH WG and BG that they actively watched and or spoke to her?! Was she crying? Tripping or stumbling?

She looks to me in the first mall video that she's moving at a much faster pace than most of the other people, who are sort of ambling. Maybe her speed and posture (leaning forward and moving her arms back and forth) communicated a sense of anxiety when you saw her in person, and that sense of urgency or anxiety drew the attention of both men? My instinct is always to try not to communicate anxiety because I feel like it makes me more vulnerable (whether or not that is actually true).

What kind of friends would leave this girl alone at any time on a night out? She is not from this country and you just think ONE person would have stayed with her the whole night out of decency. People just stink! Wasn't there ONE single person that was not so drunk or whatever that they would not have stayed with her to make sure she was okay? Selfish world!

Uh...I think she's lived here since she was 5. Saw it on a previous thread. Can't remember the exact age but she was young IIRC.

AND - bars need to put policies in place. If a young girl alone or heck, anyone looking a little lost tries to get in a place, let them in. This bar could have sat her down and served her water or a Coke and had her call a friend. Don't deny entrance to a young girl alone especially at this time of day.

Exactly! No one gives a crap about anyone anymore. No one does the right thing. Anyone could have stopped this young girl in her condition and asked her if she was lost...needed help..or if they could call someone for her but NOOOOOO everyone is all out for ME ME ME. Makes me so angry. I saw so many people around her. Anyone of those selfish people could have done something to stop her...anything...and maybe she would not be missing and god knows where. Prayers for Hannah. So sad!!!

She has been here since she was 5.

Hmmmm I didn't read that. I only read two stories that said she was here from England and her parents were overseas. Is that bum scoop? Either way..a ton of people could have stopped her and didn't. Everyone is so selfish today. If I had seen anyone like that, especially so young, I would have said something ASAP!

she's been here since the age of 5 according to her mum...

Uh...I think she's lived here since she was 5. Saw it on a previous thread. Can't remember the exact age but she was young IIRC.

I'm being told that now. I didn't see that anywhere. I read she was here for college and parents are overseas. I guess that was bum scoop. Either way....SOMEONE could have stopped her. I would have. She could have walked into traffic and been hit by a car but no one gave her the time of day to help her. It's disgusting

See, I disagree. I think a LOT of people who are drunk would act like that. We don't realize it b/c we rarely get the chance to nitpick apart a video showing us in a drunken state. But if we could, we might see that we look the exact same way. I can think of many instances in my partying days where I might look exactly like Hannah if someone were to capture 40 - 60 seconds or so of random points of my evening on tape.

I can see that..my friend and I once spent 5 minutes it felt like perplexed as to why the key to the apartment wouldn't work until some random guy opened the door asking why we were trying to get in his apartment! We totally had no clue we were in the wrong spot and that would've never happened sober..there's no telling what off the wall things we all do when we're drunk that we don't even realize..

:twocents: think of a college town like a concert. There are always drunk people. It is common. And people that are drunk or on drugs are not rational. Being the only non drinker that I knew in college, and know now, I know very well that more often then not you can not 'take care' of a drunk person. They don't think they are impaired, they'll ignore, argue, act idiotic. Jmo

Hmmmm I didn't read that. I only read two stories that said she was here from England and her parents were overseas. Is that bum scoop? Either way..a ton of people could have stopped her and didn't. Everyone is so selfish today. If I had seen anyone like that, especially so young, I would have said something ASAP!

Her parents' statement was read at the press conference last night -- they said that although she was born in England, she's lived in Virginia since she was five.

she's been here since the age of 5 according to her mum...

Got it. Thanks. I didn't read that anywhere. Either way. Anyone of those selfish people could have stopped that young girl and helped her. It's so obvious she was not in her right mind. No one gives a crap anymore until something happens then they all want to be part of it.....makes me so sick. I would have stopped her and have done that with people in the past that looked overly drunk. Not sure but maybe it saved their lives that night. Someone could have saved her life easy! God only knows where this girl is now. Praying she is found. I have such a bad feeling about it. Why didn't anyone step up and stop her in that condition. Such a selfish me me me world we live in.

Carbuff, that's what I meant when, a few days ago, I said it was almost as if she were sent on a wild goose chase...with the intent to get her to a place where she could be abducted. I wasn't thinking about any of her real friends but someone who had recently befriended her and somehow set this whole chain of events in motion...with the ultimate goal to ambush her Downtown and near rt250 and then unto I-64 and virtually away to anywhere.

Just want to add: I'm not so sure it's a copycat, though. I honestly believe it is a well orchestrated abduction of a vulnerable and alone young female. A plan that is implemented by small groups of young criminals who are at first chameleon-like (friendly and charming) who set the vulnerable victim at ease until they turn a dark corner where she is ambushed by the larger group and taken away. They don't care so much who she is just that she might appeal to some subset of their clientele. I believe the same thing happened to Dashed Sage Smith. She/he was asked by a new friend to meet him down Main Street near the bus terminal. No one has seen Sage or his friend since.

Candlelight vigil for Hannah...
1e1809afe7b482239f0fdcd4c58279df.jpg

she's on the sidewalk , travels by the back fence then appears ,walking towards the camera then steps out of the frame for a minute or two ,reappears wlks toward camera then you can barely see the top of her hear as she makes her way to the door between the outdoor area and the entrance to the bar...you can follow her as she continues past the large framed male(bouncer) and heads away from the viewer and crosses the street..
I enlarged the video so I could see it better. Thanks. Your comments help. So very sad. Can't believe her so called friends left her alone in that condition.

:twocents: think of a college town like a concert. There are always drunk people. It is common. And people that are drunk or on drugs are not rational. Being the only non drinker that I knew in college, and know now, I know very well that more often then not, you can not 'take care' of a drunk person. They don't think they are impaired, they'll ignore, argue, act idiotic. Jmo
sorry fixed my post :/

if you are a psychopath, by 18 you've got lots of ideas and plans ready to go. but have you had the experience to pull it off?

And that's assuming all her friends are her age. College "kids" as in not non-traditional students could easily be up to 24 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch