VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does sound terrifying, but you surely didn't mean to post that you drive while drunk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sure did. I have been very open on this board that I am a recovering alcoholic. Yes, I drove drunk a few times.

Don't believe we have info on that. They did say they would be searching the whole building, not specifically one unit.

But why the whole building? Longo said it was one specific apartment with three individuals in it. Unless someone owned that building, lived in one of the apartments with two other people, and rented out the others, some of which may be vacant. Anyone have another idea why they would search all apartments in the building?

I've said that from the beginning. I have never seen someone move so fast in my life. It's like she was on a mission, I don't know any other way to describe the way it looks to me in that footage.

Plus, she had her phone with her and if that last text was the only one that was sent on her odyssey, she must not have felt that she was in danger. There were other women around who would have helped her, it seems to me. So it does look like she wanted to get somewhere fast. You would think that at that pace, drunk, she would have fallen or tripped...............Dunno. JMO

I still think she was "rushing" around because she was trying to get to a bar before they shut down at 2am.
I live in a college town and am out sometimes between 1am and when the bars close at 2am. Its a mad dash around town to get to that last spot before last call at 2.

I sure did. I have been very open on this board that I am a recovering alcoholic. Yes, I drove drunk a few times.

I don't read all your posts so I would have no way of knowing that. Not that it makes it ok...but whatever

I'm in the car for the next 3 hours. Is it within the rules for someone to do a play by play of the presser as it happens? Thanks. (I'm a passenger and not posting while driving!!)

Imo, criminals might be more attracted to a college town not in a huge city...more likely to find young women alone, feeling "safe" in their neighborhoods. Those students in a major city might be more wary and aware. Jmo

& in a major city, maybe more people out at night, more cameras. You just have to be aware of your surroundings wherever you are.

Richmond just an hour away is at least 4x as big and has UR,VCU,VSU all close to the city. It doesnt seem like they have nearly the amount of missing women.

Because the student pack heat and the police patrol and camera are very well every where. Also don't forget Vuu.. In Richmond that robbing folk or trying to snatch them, get you shot or beaten very well. One girl had a guy try to take her and a group of guys saw it. They gave the guy a beating to remember dragged him from his car and it was on. I think 4-5 on one. It was near vcu/ Vuu campus.. Beat him so badly the ambulance needed a helicopter to take him away. The guy was from New York some Pedo from his crime stats.

Ever since then the crime for sexual assaults is non to speak about.

IMO there is no way on God's green earth that she was lost. Her own parents said she was very familiar with the area. She must have known the Downtown Mall area well, as I'm sure every single UVA student and Charlottesville resident goes down there often. She could have stopped at McGrady's and asked the doorman for directions or help and I am certain he would help her. She could have stopped any women on the Mall and asked for help, directions, a ride, to call a cab, etc. And she did not. She was not lost.

She was determined to go somewhere and find someone or something.

I don't read all your posts so I would have no way of knowing that. Not that it makes it ok...but whatever

Of course you would not know it. It does not make it okay that I drove drunk. I am very ashamed of it. I am merely pointing out that I certainly did intend to write that I drove drunk that night (about 10 years ago), and that I am open about having done things like that.

Can anyone point me toward the rules about the scanner thread and whether we can discuss that here and whatever other rules there are?

as a man there have been times where I am going somewhere and behind a woman/girl and we end up going the same place for quite some time I consciously think to myself "oh god I hope she doesn't think I'm following her" and kind of freak myself out.

I've actually had this happen and turned around a few times looking concerned and the man said 'don't worry I'm not following you'. I was relieved.

Of course you would not know it. It does not make it okay that I drove drunk. I am very ashamed of it. I am merely pointing out that I certainly did intend to write that I drove drunk that night (about 10 years ago), and that I am open about having done things like that.

Congratulations on your recovery! I know it takes a strong person to overcome addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member