VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone point me toward the rules about the scanner thread and whether we can discuss that here and whatever other rules there are?

What is heard on the scanner can only be discussed on the scanner thread, until if/when such information is released in main stream media. Hope that helps :)

not sure where the rules are but I do know that we CAN NOT bring anything from there up here. We can suggest folks go there, but that's it. HTH

Plus, she had her phone with her and if that last text was the only one that was sent on her odyssey, she must not have felt that she was in danger. There were other women around who would have helped her, it seems to me. So it does look like she wanted to get somewhere fast. You would think that at that pace, drunk, she would have fallen or tripped...............Dunno. JMO

You would think after all that moving though she would have sobered up some if she had no more alcohol.

She dosent' seem like the typical again I am lost person. She went in one direction and very fast.

Bear with me, but this thought keeps occurring to me and reallyhas since the beginning. Like all of you, she seems to be heading someplace intentional without stopping, looking around to get her bearings or ask directions. If she was impaired (alcohol or otherwise) could it be possible that she THOUGHT she knew where she was going. Did she think she was heading in the right direction but her impairment kept her from seeing her surroundings as anything else but a slightly familiar blur? Maybe she was on a mission, a mission to get back to her dorm or her friends. If she thought she was going the right way, she might have been endlessly going until she got to a familiar landmark but it never came into view. She was going the wrong way but couldn't discern this until it was way too late. Would this account for her seeming so purposeful in her walking for so much of the footage? JMO

Congratulations on your recovery! I know it takes a strong person to overcome addiction.

I think it is a useful experience here on WS. I liked all the talk about HG maybe "buying drugs". Know how I know the people who wrote that have never actually bought drugs?

I noticed that, in this case, there seemed to be a more "official" search effort going on. Meaning, you have to sign up and go to a prep meeting and whatnot. In other cases in the area, they just said that if you want to help look, show up (Alexis Murphy, Morgan Harrington, Dashad Smith). I was part of a search team for a UVA student once and we just all showed up at the command center. Is this sort of prep something new in this field? Is this common?

I don't know if it's common, but it makes sense to me, especially if LE is thinking a perp might join in the search. It seems useful to have a list of searchers and their contact information, and maybe it might help LE make a connection somewhere.

You would think after all that moving though she would have sobered up some if she had no more alcohol.

Yes... If you compare the mall footage to the O'Grady's footage (although it seems the mall footage is set to a different speed), Hannah appears much more steady on her feet by that point. IMO.

I have woken up still drunk before on several occasions. I brisk walk will only help if you had a two or three drinks.

Bear with me, but this thought keeps occurring to me and reallyhas since the beginning. Like all of you, she seems to be heading someplace intentional without stopping, looking around to get her bearings or ask directions. If she was impaired (alcohol or otherwise) could it be possible that she THOUGHT she knew where she was going. Did she think she was heading in the right direction but her impairment kept her from seeing her surroundings as anything else but a slightly familiar blur? Maybe she was on a mission, a mission to get back to her dorm or her friends. If she thought she was going the right way, she might have been endlessly going until she got to a familiar landmark but it never came into view. She was going the wrong way but couldn't discern this until it was way too late. Would this account for her seeming so purposeful in her walking for so much of the footage? JMO

That is exactly what I think. And, it's exactly what happened to me one drunk, alone night in college. I was "lost" two blocks from my dorm and couldn't find my way home over a short distance that I knew very well when sober.

But why the whole building? Longo said it was one specific apartment with three individuals in it. Unless someone owned that building, lived in one of the apartments with two other people, and rented out the others, some of which may be vacant. Anyone have another idea why they would search all apartments in the building?

In the Lauren Giddings murder case out of Macon GA, she was taken to a vacant apartment in the complex of the perp.

jmo

ETA; I might have this a bit off, but if memory serves me right....sorry to confuse.

I think it is a useful experience here on WS. I liked all the talk about HG maybe "buying drugs". Know how I know the people who wrote that have never actually bought drugs?
Do tell! Lol

I have woken up still drunk before on several occasions. I brisk walk will only help if you had a two or three drinks.

I wasn't thinking it was necessarily the walking that could have contributed to her possibly sobering up... but just the passage of time. It was about an hour and a half I think between when she left the house party alone until she was at the mall. (Although we don't know what she was doing for the length of time after leaving the house party prior to being seen on video at O'Grady's)

if I was lost (and drunk) I would sit down where I was and text my friends to come get me.

Really seems like she was trying to find someone to me, especially she told friends she "going home" and then went on to the one bar we know of, plus mentioned a party? And a missing hour in between? Not that it matters who she may have hoped to "run into" now...he or she probably never saw him or even knew if she was just hoping to see someone. I kind of hope if she was looking for someone, that person doesn't know, they would probably feel pretty bad.

I am sorry but after watching the video in the mall over & over again. I can't help but think of what I have seen in Cities across Europe (Paris, Rome, Barcelona, etc.) Gypsy gangs moving in on their prey to rob them. It appears to me that Dreads looks over to CWG and they close in on their prey (possibly another guy on lookout down the block). I cannot think of a better way to get a young/alone girl to trust you (even get in a car with you) is that if she feels threatened by another person following her. I still feel they all could be involved and yes, they all could live together. Who knows, maybe they are known as the Pot Belly Gang (just kidding).

I totally agree with that synopsis. It happens here in DC and Richmond ALL of the TIME! People just don't seem to want to believe it really happens.

Of course you would not know it. It does not make it okay that I drove drunk. I am very ashamed of it. I am merely pointing out that I certainly did intend to write that I drove drunk that night (about 10 years ago), and that I am open about having done things like that.

I congratulate you on your recovery. Im right there with you!

if I was lost (and drunk) I would sit down where I was and text my friends to come get me.

I would think that too, but maybe not on the downtown mall at that time of night. I used to work in a building at the end of the mall and would walk to get lunch at one of the restaurants there. It was like one of those obstacle courses on Wipeout to get past the people begging for money and hitting on me. I'm NOT a young, pretty woman. I can only imagine what they go through walking around down there. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser