VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she just needed to get into **advertiser censored* place that was open because she needed to pee. Girl hadn't been stationary, as far as we know, since about midnight, and having consumed alcohol in large quantities surely must've made her need to use the bathroom. The only places open at 1am that she could possibly go to the bathroom in? Bars.

Are there no public bathrooms in C'ville - open 24 hours? McDonald's even?

I didn't hear him say they took any alcohol to go? That is illegal in many states.

This is from Coy Barefoot (well-known radio host in C'ville), edited for clarity:

source tells me the "dreadlocks man" who was last seem w/ Hannah the night she disappeared did in fact visit Tempo Restaurant. He came in only briefly to the bar. Hannah was never in there w/ him. Tempo has no interior or exterior surveillance cameras so no video is avail.

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot

This is incorrect. Listen to the presser at about 26:00. Chief Longo clearly says she went into the business (Tempo)with the individual, and left with the same individual.

At 21:44, Detective Sgt. Mooney says, in so many words, we know from eyewitness accounts that they entered the Tempo Restaurant. We know that he purchased alcohol there, and know we HG was with him. We know that within 15 minutes they were gone from that bar, and his vehicle was seen leaving the area. We have every reason to believe HG was with him.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784

There are, but nothing on the downtown mall is open 24/7. There is a McDonald's right off the downtown mall (HG would've sort of passed near to it before entering the DM) but few people realize it's there. It's easy to miss.

Are there no public bathrooms in C'ville - open 24 hours? McDonald's even?

I'm wondering why they can't hold him on probable cause.

Jumping the gun with an arrest could well lead to an acquittal (or no trial at all). I am satisfied with them waiting to get all their ducks in a row. They know who he is and where he is; he's going no where.

I imagine Hannah's parents are frustrated. I had been following the Alice Gross case (London), and learned from that thread that in the UK you don't need as much evidence to arrest someone (doesn't mean you can just hold them indefinitely of course)... but you can arrest someone on suspicion of "___". In Alice's case they arrested two different people on suspicion of murder (no body or physical evidence as far as the public knows) and they were ultimately released once the police finished investigating them.

I personally appreciate the US justice system, however her parents are originally from the UK and living there now, so I imagine it is frustrating to them that dreads guy could not be arrested on suspicion today, as that that is what would probably happen in their country.

(Please forgive my completely elementary understanding of the UK justice system. I am just speaking from what I heard from UK posters on the Alice Gross thread)

the US system is all about protecting criminal's rights. Victims do not have as many rights as criminals.

the US system is all about protecting criminal's rights. Victims do not have as many rights as criminals.

Yes.. however many individuals investigated for crimes are in fact innocent. If I am ever wrongly suspected of a crime I will greatly appreciate our justice system.

I was just speaking of how Hannah's parents may feel.

I agree. However I think if she was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt these guys would of just passed her by.

Where is this coming from??? Everyone recognizes what the implication is, and no one seems to be buying it. JMO

Once you make an arrest the clock starts ticking down on how long you have to actually charge the person.

This is incorrect. Listen to the presser at about 26:00. Chief Longo clearly says she went into the business (Tempo)with the individual, and left with the same individual.

At 21:44, Detective Sgt. Mooney says, in so many words, we know from eyewitness accounts that they entered the Tempo Restaurant. We know that he purchased alcohol there, and know we HG was with him. We know that within 15 minutes they were gone from that bar, and his vehicle was seen leaving the area. We have every reason to believe HG was with him.

Thank you. That's what I remember from listening earlier. My only question is what were they doing during those 15 minutes? Did they sit down? Did they have a drink?

No, the US system is all about protecting the rights of the innocent. And everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and it is a system that works very well and many have died to uphold and protect. Be very thankful for it.

It's all right here folks. No more conjecturing.........he is nailed. He might not think so, but the heat is on. He is stalling ha ha.

sounds like there is evidence in the car and the apt but they don't have what they need to tie it to him yet.

It sounds like they had PC (eyewitness testimony or video, don't remember ) to obtain a search warrant for the car. The car turned up evidence that gave PC for a search warrant for the apartment. Hopefully, whatever they seized from the apartment will be enough to show PC for an arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coy Barefoot ‏@coybarefoot

#breaking #HannahGraham obviously the police were trying 2 create false sense of comfort for dreadlocks guy by issuing false description

https://twitter.com/coybarefoot/status/513100579284193280

For context, Coy is also the guy who first tweeted about the first set of downtown footage and that there is a "woman" (actually a man, but at first they thought it was a woman) seen walking with Hannah in one of the vids. That tweet was later taken down and the PD denied that there was anyone walking with Hannah in one of the vids (they said it was just a reflection). Later they admitted that the POI was walking with Hannah. Clearly, Coy's got lots of good sources, so I'd trust him / his reporting.

I'm wondering why they can't hold him on probable cause.

they may want to have evidence to tie him to the car and other evidence in it and the house so he can't say he wasn't driving that night or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98