VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure he bought her drinks at Tempo? I remember seeing HE bought alcohol, but that's all.
As a former bartender, I could totally understand the bar saying that HE bought alcohol, instead of they. She is underage. I'm thinking she had a fake ID, which would explain how she got in and served. The bar and whoever sold alcohol to her is still culpable, even if she showed proper id. So, now knowing that she is underage, they probably specified that he bought the drinks in order to lessen the blow they are about to feel from the abc or whoever they are there.

Wonder if Grandma knows what her "good boy" has been up to. No wonder they said he had previous contact with LE- they probably know him well.
They're all just car related things. I don't think that makes him a hardened criminal. Yes, he's breaking the law, but it's pretty minor stuff, really.

That is not the correct spelling of his name. It's someone else.

Good catch. Just thinking though, could've been spelled wrong in error by the reporter....that has happened to me before when being quoted in a paper. Or could be different person IDK

And why didn't he cooperate with police when they were outside his apartment looking at his vehicle? Det. Moody said he spoke briefly with Dreds as he and 2 friends were leaving.

Did they say he would not cooperate? Maybe they asked if he had seen her and he told them his story. Not much LE could do right then.

They're all just car related things. I don't think that makes him a hardened criminal. Yes, he's breaking the law, but it's pretty minor stuff, really.
Oops... made an error. The things you posted, I didn't see when I searched. I'm going to go look again.

ETA... I cannot post right today. That was supposed to be for ZsaZsa. Sheesh.

Folks, just FYI, but that large list of charges again "MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY;" contains charges against two different people, one of whom appears to be homeless at some time(s).

Also, not that I'm defending him (or them), but not every charge resulted in a conviction - some are recorded with a final disposition of not guilty or nolle prosequi.

I don't think this dreads guy -- Jesse "LJ" Matthew -- has anything to do with her disappearance. I don't know why I think that, but I do.

it bothers me that he would have waited until police showed up at his door to admit he was with her. if he wasn't involved I think he would have admitted to being with her. especially if the knew each other through the hospital

People, when looking at the court records, note that there is a "sr.", a "jr." and some with no suffix. I think this is a father/son, both with court cases. Don't assume they are all the POI's.

IMO

I know everyone wants to convict this Person of Interest. Mind you he's still not even a suspect. But I just get a feeling he didn't have anything to do with this. At this point, anyone could be involved. It could be just some random stranger in a vehicle who offered her a ride after she left the area.
From the very second people were shouting, "Look at the dude with dreads" on the video, I've felt him innocent. Then all this blows up and yet, still... My gut says he's not the guy. I guess we'll see how much I can trust my gut in the future.

And why didn't he cooperate with police when they were outside his apartment looking at his vehicle? Det. Moody said he spoke briefly with Dreds as he and 2 friends were leaving.

I would not cooperate with police if I was a black male and the last person to be seen with a missing white female. But I would sure hope that he would get a lawyer and then cooperate as much as he could (while still protecting his rights) to help find the girl. But if he simply dropped her somewhere and she disappeared, there wouldn't be much else he could say. It looks so bad for him, but heck, before we knew he existed, it looked bad for creepy white guy too. JMO

it bothers me that he would have waited until police showed up at his door to admit he was with her. if he wasn't involved I think he would have admitted to being with her. especially if the knew each other through the hospital

You make a good point.

I've been out at the football (soccer) match for the last few hours. We drew 2-2. Anyway, can someone update me on what has happened in the last 3 hours or so? Thanks

Isn't Morgan Harrington's mother a nurse?

As a former bartender, I could totally understand the bar saying that HE bought alcohol, instead of they. She is underage. I'm thinking she had a fake ID, which would explain how she got in and served. The bar and whoever sold alcohol to her is still culpable, even if she showed proper id. So, now knowing that she is underage, they probably specified that he bought the drinks in order to lessen the blow they are about to feel from the abc or whoever they are there.
Good point. I wasn't sure if it was bar staff or bar patrons who were witnesses.

So, on Thursday September 18, he gets 2 tickets for failure to display license plates and driving with a suspended license. They had eyes on him then I guess.
I believe that is the hearing date. The offense date is some time earlier - 5/2/2014 in one of those cases.

This man has a serious problem with alcohol (assuming that is his criminal record). It does not take a predator, a stalker, or a murderer for something really, really bad to happen - all it takes is a bunch of alcohol.

After seeing that record, I have a really good idea as to how this all happened.

Assisting in transporting patients would be a very common volunteer job at a hospital. (Someone mentioned perhaps she volunteered there since she probably wasn't old enough for clinicals).

I did that as a hospital volunteer -- but I don't see many volunteers at academic med centers. Maybe I just don't notice them. There are other reasons undergrads can be in the med center. I don't know anything about Hannah's activities, but as an undergrad, I recruited patients for studies in the med center as part of a professor's research project.

I would love to see confirmation that she was a nursing student (or pre-med)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't something like this happen early on in the Alexis Murphy case? I remember at first everyone was looking at Randy Taylor's son or something and it so obviously didn't look right. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30