VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This man has a serious problem with alcohol (assuming that is his criminal record). It does not take a predator, a stalker, or a murderer for something really, really bad to happen - all it takes is a bunch of alcohol.

After seeing that record, I have a really good idea as to how this all happened.

I think the alcohol charges are for Sr., not the POI.

I would not cooperate with police if I was a black male and the last person to be seen with a missing white female. But I would sure hope that he would get a lawyer and then cooperate as much as he could (while still protecting his rights) to help find the girl. But if he simply dropped her somewhere and she disappeared, there wouldn't be much else he could say. It looks so bad for him, but heck, before we knew he existed, it looked bad for creepy white guy too. JMO

I wouldn't talk with the police either. Even if you're innocent, you can only make your legal situation worse instead of better by talking with the police.

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

NBC 12 just named Jesse Matthew as the POI.

ETA... it also says police have not talked with him yet. Hm???

ITA. I am a mother of two college aged daughters. I am also hyper vigilant. My daughters 21 and 23, find my safety admonitions annoying. If they had received a text from a friend who said they were lost, and they were drinking, they would not get in a car to go get them. In their limited scope, they would probably figure their friend would get there sooner than later. Suspecting or thinking the worst is not their thinking. Their frame of reference is small world. Bad things that happen are rare. As adults and parents, we know differently. We cannot assign our logical thinking to theirs.

I do not fault her friends at all. I am glad though that someone noticed her missing and notified her parents. I pray they can find evidence that leads to her recovery. As a parent, my heart goes out to her parents as they must be worried sick. Suspecting "foul play" and knowing it with certainty are two different things. JMV

I hope my "thinking out loud" post that prompted these replies did not sound as if I am faulting her friends; if it did, I truly apologise.

I was trying to "fill in the details", & try and get a better understanding. Possibly trying to put my middle-aged mum brain back into college student mentality ;)

I do not see a Jr or a Sr on those, which leads to believe it could be either one of them.
Even if they leave off the Jr. or Sr., you can check the birthdate to differentiate.

I do not see a Jr or a Sr on those, which leads to believe it could be either one of them.
As with my son and his father, the Jr is always a Jr, the Sr doesn't necessarily use the Sr... kwim? My son's dad has never used Sr behind his name on anything, but my son always uses Jr.

My first name is usually a nickname for a more formal name (but my legal name is the nickname) and my last name is often confused with a more commonly spelled last name. ANY TIME my name is in print it is usually misspelled (often first and last). Again, this might just be terrible luck for this guy but just contributing to the discussion that just because a name is in print (online, newspaper, etc.) doesn't mean it is accurate.

This man has a serious problem with alcohol (assuming that is his criminal record). It does not take a predator, a stalker, or a murderer for something really, really bad to happen - all it takes is a bunch of alcohol.

After seeing that record, I have a really good idea as to how this all happened.

I'd love to hear your theory. :)

I wouldn't talk with the police either. Even if you're innocent, you can only make your legal situation worse instead of better by talking with the police.

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

I am a lawyer (though not criminal defense) and that is not always necessarily true. You need a lawyer, but sometimes being cooperative and talking to the police will bode well for you. I recall one case I read about where the three people involved in the murder were two teenage girls and an adult man. One of the teenage girls was sort of troubled and definitely the "follower" of the group. Well, her lawyer absolutely insisted that she not talk to the cops. He was just adamant. So she didn't. The adult man did though, and he was the one who made a deal with the cops and got some really light sentence, and the teenage girl got like 25 years. The cops later said that they were devastated that the girl took that lawyer's advice and refused to cooperate with them because they would have way rather made a deal with her.

Well, where does it leave us if they can't prove they left Tempo together and then nothing concrete comes up from the search of his apartment/car? It seems to me that they may have proof they made it there together, but after that nothing. Very frustrating. He either has the worst luck in the world and she did go missing after they left Tempo not through his fault or may avoid getting charged with much at all.

it bothers me that he would have waited until police showed up at his door to admit he was with her. if he wasn't involved I think he would have admitted to being with her. especially if the knew each other through the hospital

I can understand maybe not coming forward at first out of fear, but once they released the videos one would think he would have come forward. And I bet that is exactly why LE released that video, and gave the bogus description. They were watching him for sure. Did he really get picked up for failure to display plates? Does that just mean tabs or was he actually driving around without plates? That would be highly suspect, kwim?

Very, very important to find her and gather forensic evidence to be able to prosecute this cat. Otherwise, it's going to be difficult to obtain a conviction.

Also, I agree with the above poster that one should NEVER talk to the police if they seek you out for questioning. Even if - no, especially if - you are innocent.

I'd love to hear your theory. :)

Easy, two drunk people disagree over how the evening was supposed to end. The drunk male, who is twice the size and four times as strong as the female, hits her really hard, or chokes her.

It does not take some serial killer/predator type for a night of heavy drinking to wind up in a bloodbath. It happens all the time; it just generally happens between two people who already know each other or who are already dating.

In the press conference yesterday I got the distinct impression that Dreds was not being helpful in any way whatsoever. I guess you had to watch the presser to catch the adversarial tone of the police chief. Det. Moody was also brief when discussing Dreds. He said: "I spoke to him (Dreds), and I would like to speak to him again." Does THAT sound like Moody can just call Dreds up and have a conversation with him? You HAD to watch the presser. Dreds had nothing to say to the police and he still doesn't.

Did they say he would not cooperate? Maybe they asked if he had seen her and he told them his story. Not much LE could do right then.

I can understand maybe not coming forward at first out of fear, but once they released the videos one would think he would have come forward. And I bet that is exactly why LE released that video, and gave the bogus description. They were watching him for sure. Did he really get picked up for failure to display plates? Does that just mean tabs or was he actually driving around without plates? That would be highly suspect, kwim?
He could have only had a plate in the back, and not the front (I don't know the laws there) or had a license plate holder that covered a little too much.

In the press conference yesterday I got the distinct impression that Dreds was not being helpful in any way whatsoever. I guess you had to watch the presser to catch the adversarial tone of the police chief. Det. Moody was also brief when discussing Dreds. He said: "I spoke to him (Dreds), and I would like to speak to him again." Does THAT sound like Moody can just call Dreds up and have a conversation with him? You HAD to watch the presser. Dreds had nothing to say to the police and he still doesn't.

Thanks. I didn't watch it, but appreciate your POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95