VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Has anyone speculated that whoever was with her the moment she went missing could have taken her phone and sent that text the the last person she had been texting with in an attempt to throw them off? So, it would look like she was alone and lost...when in fact she was perhaps passed out in his car? I know, it is a stretch....

Murder or kidnapping.

As far as we know she is a missing person.........because she is not where she is expected to be. If you are privy to evidence of a crime, notify LE. They know stuff, but we do not, so far. JMO

So let's just assume that this guy is squeaky clean. Boy Scout, even. If he was the last person that anyone knows of to have seen Hannah, bought her drinks even...if the article is legit, then he won't let anyone know where and when he last saw her? Won't even talk to the police to try and find her? No clues to help her desperate parents follow a trail that might lead them to their lost daughter? Hmmm.

I agree! And as soon as he cooperates and is cleared, like that woman was, he will no longer be a POI. WG (in video) came forward before tapes were released .. Jesse had drinks with her and didn't see that important enough to come forward before tapes? Sorry ... Hinky meter going off ...

Just throwing it out there, if WG was involved, he'd probably be watching the news. He'd see the tape. He went in, and apparently gave a completely different description of BG.

If Jesse had nothing to do with it, he may not have even seen the tapes. Do you know how many people I know don't watch their local news? Even with a HUGE story happening, they can be completely clueless.

It can go both ways. The only thing sticking out for Jesse for me is that he is the last known person with Hannah. That could be completely innocent, or completely nefarious, but there is nothing to say either way yet.

Question: Has anyone speculated that whoever was with her the moment she went missing could have taken her phone and sent that text the the last person she had been texting with in an attempt to throw them off? So, it would look like she was alone and lost...when in fact she was perhaps passed out in his car? I know, it is a stretch....

It is surprising that she travelled as far as she did in such a short time to send that text. I don't think she ran that distance.

He looks nothing like the 2005 Rape/Morgan suspect to me. Of course, sketches can be off a bit so it could be him and just not a great sketch.

Missing does not = crime. It indicates missing. Maybe she took off running again and fell down somewhere and broke her leg, i.e Maybe not likely, but still possible. None of her items were found scattered about, no blood has been linked to her so far. So a crime is not apparent, just seems likely after a week.

Also, if he is innocent, and saw her walk away from him after the bar, why would he think police would believe him? LE does not have a stellar reputation in handling black citizens overall, Imo. Sometimes I think if not for DNA that some innocent black man might have been arrested and charged with Morgan's murder by now...jmo

Under these circumstances, HG being missing is strong evidence of a crime. It is not proof, but very strong evidence. She was last seen in a vulnerable state and was obviously interesting to at least two men. She could have fallen down somewhere and died, but generally when a woman her age goes missing under circumstances like this, she was found murdered 99% of the time.

So let's just assume that this guy is squeaky clean. Boy Scout, even. If he was the last person that anyone knows of to have seen Hannah, bought her drinks even...if the article is legit, then he won't let anyone know where and when he last saw her? Won't even talk to the police to try and find her? No clues to help her desperate parents follow a trail that might lead them to their lost daughter? Hmmm.

A lot of people are suspicious of the police. He may be waiting for a lawyer. If police came to my apartment with a warrant already, searched my car etc. I'd lawyer up. I'd try and help the best I could, but it isn't unheard of that crimes get pinned on innocent people.

In many ways now, I am reminded of the Jaren Lockhart case from Louisiana - there was video footage of her walking off with the people who were the last to see her before her body washed ashore a few days later. The couple were quickly identified (a male sex offender who was a fugitive and female with a history of drugs). They were located, detained on other charges and were not charged with anything to do with Jaren until TWO YEARS later. The FBI and LE said they were processing DNA and looking for evidence all that time. Since Jaren was brutally killed and dismembered there had to be a bloody scene somewhere but it was NEVER found.

My point being - it can take years to finally get all of the evidence processed for DNA, etc. This can be a long process, especially since we have not found Hannah yet.

My heart goes out to her parents and loved ones.

Hey Swamp Mama! I remember you from that case. Jaren's body washed up here on our beaches in Bay St. Louis. Still no justice for her. :(

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_ad3384f8-4067-11e4-8e63-001a4bcf6878.html

"I’m not calling him a suspect,” Longo said. “We’re interested in him. We’re interested in talking with him. We’re interested in learning more about his interactions with Hannah.”

Longo declined to go into whether the man has a criminal history but did say the man was known to police.

Longo said the man and Graham were seen together in the Tempo restaurant, where the man purchased alcohol. They left in about 15 minutes and the man’s car was seen driving away later.

“Hannah Graham was on the mall that night,” Longo said. “She went from one end of the mall to the other and we have reason to believe that she and this individual were together. People saw Hannah. People saw him. People saw them together. Hannah Graham likely got into his vehicle and people likely saw that vehicle. We need to hear from those people who saw something.”

bbm

Maybe I am splitting hairs here, but I am very particular, about how someone makes a 'likelihood' statement. With all due respect to Chief Long, who has a lifetime of experience - I would think it may be more appropriate, to suggest to the public, that "Hannah Graham possibly, or quite possibly
got into his vehicle". I fear that he may be steering one particular scenario, at the exclusion of others. It may have the effect of chilling a 'recollection' that someone has, that doesn't quite fit that picture.

I'm reserving judgement on all fronts. My hinky meter is going off big time but I don't know what's triggering it.

I'm concerned that if race relations in Charlottesville are as bad as some people have indicated, LE may have jumped on the obvious target and be overlooking other evidence. I hope they're still tracking video in the mall area, because if he's telling the truth, there may well have been--probably were--other people who saw her after they parted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member