VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it? I did not see anywhere.
You can click on the Case# of any listed charge. Then look in the section "Case/Defendant Information" for the DOB. The year is suppressed but there is enough date info to differentiate between defendants.

Some of those don't say Jr., so it's possible those are not all the same person. Maybe his dad has a drinking problem since all of the charges related to that type of offense seem to belong to the person without the "jr."!
Yep, I tried to edit it some are dob 5/30 and the he is the mid December DOB. Looks like 5/30 DOB got the tickets on Thursday...can we say they were outwardly looking for Junior?

Police were looking for information about Hannah. Why didn't Jesse Mathew come forward right away and let police know that he was with her on the night she disappeared? A good person would do that.

This is a bit of a devil's advocate move, but if I was a black man that had driven around a young white girl who later disappeared, but I couldn't prove that I was not the one that did it, I might be hesitant as well. Yes, good people come forward, but an innocent person might be TERRIFIED in that situation especially if they are a convenient, easily convicted target. I actually joke about it with my boyfriend. Like, if he left my house one night and then someone came in right afterward and killed me NO ONE would believe it wasn't him. NO ONE. He said he would just accept his jail sentence and then still look for my real killer while in jail :p
Now, obviously, my boyfriend would have to come forward because he would be suspect #1 immediately. However, I can understand having an "oh **** this is going to be pinned on me" moment or being scared to come forward even as an innocent person.

However, I think it most likely was him, all things considered.

This is a bit of a devil's advocate move, but if I was a black man that had driven around a young white girl who later disappeared, but I couldn't prove that I was not the one that did it, I might be hesitant as well. Yes, good people come forward, but an innocent person might be TERRIFIED in that situation especially if they are a convenient, easily convicted target. I actually joke about it with my boyfriend. Like, if he left my house one night and then someone came in right afterward and killed me NO ONE would believe it wasn't him. NO ONE. He said he would just accept his jail sentence and then still look for my real killer while in jail :p
Now, obviously, my boyfriend would have to come forward because he would be suspect #1 immediately. However, I can understand having an "oh **** this is going to be pinned on me" moment or being scared to come forward even as an innocent person.

this is what i said

Yep, I tried to edit it some are dob 5/30 and the he is the mid December DOB. Looks like 5/30 DOB got the tickets on Thursday...can we say they were outwardly looking for Junior?
Remember, 9/18 was the hearing date. The offense dates were in May and June of this year. And FWIW the "fail to display plates" charge was dismissed with a noelle prosequi.

Yep. I sure hope polive are still looking closely at WG still.

I still don't like CWG. It looks like she speeds up when she sees him scoping her at Sal's. Doesn't mean anything, I just don't like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe . . . .maybe not. It all depends what evidence they find in his car and/or apartment. If they only find hair in his car, there's not much to worry about. But, if they find evidence of her in his apartment, after he said she was not, it begins to look shady. . . . and if they find blood anywhere (especially of a quantity larger than a scrape or small cut), things look really bad!

In my opinion, Dred's family members just screwed him. By grandma going public with Dred's claim that he and Hannah parted ways after leaving the bar, the police only have to establish Hannah was in his car to know that he is lying.

Fast forward to murder trial, the prosecutor puts both Mom and Grandma on the stand with this claim, now debunked by physical evidence, and the jury sees a liar (Dreds) sitting in front of them.

Wow! A local cab driver? He's had plenty of opportunities to abduct drunk college girls! That alone makes me reconsider his guilt.

True, but that picture/story was from 2007. Does he still drive a cab? Did he drive one at the time of MH's murder in 2009?

People, when looking at the court records, note that there is a "sr.", a "jr." and some with no suffix. I think this is a father/son, both with court cases. Don't assume they are all the POI's

IMO
It is two different ...I tried fixing it above.

Quote from someone on Facebook when asked if he was mentally challenged based on the stories that he wrote in a notebook on the downtown mall often.

"Candace, I cannot say that he was mentally challenged as I'm not aware of any medical diagnosis. To put it as gingerly as possible, he was a bit slower as in his way of speaking and relating to people."

maybe . . . .maybe not. It all depends what evidence they find in his car and/or apartment. If they only find hair in his car, there's not much to worry about. But, if they find evidence of her in his apartment, after he said she was not, it begins to look shady. . . . and if they find blood anywhere (especially of a quantity larger than a scrape or small cut), things look really bad!
I disagree. If they find ANYTHING belonging to Hannah in his car, he is screwed. He claims that Hannah was never in his car.

Don't hate me guys...but I'm still not convinced OWG isn't involved in Hannah's disappearance.

He could have only had a plate in the back, and not the front (I don't know the laws there) or had a license plate holder that covered a little too much.

I am wondering if WHAT led them to his car could have been a concerned resident who all of the sudden noticed that he had recently removed his license plate, thus raising concern.

If that is really him with the cab, that looks so much like the MH sketch it is freaky.

I was thinking of another case where the perp had a totally normal seeming life and facebook/friends etc. The Jenise Wright case. The kid who committed the rape and murder looked totally normal. This could surely be like that as well. So weird.

Whatever they found in the car had to give them probable cause to search the apt. The only way I can see that is something that puts Hannah in his car or something that places him with Hannah at some point that night after the videos. I think it's likely the receipt from Tempos, but maybe it was something more serious. . .part of her phone, jewelry, etc.

I wish we knew what it was.

I'm still on the fence. . .:gaah:

I agree. And in a lot of ways, Charlottesville is still much like the old traditional South . . . . . as much as we pretend the area is diverse and open to all, there are frequently overtones to race-separation. I am a white female, but if I were a young black male living here in this situation, I don't know if I would have come forward either . . . . unless I knew I had seemless evidence that she was OK when I left her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95