VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if WHAT led them to his car could have been a concerned resident who all of the sudden noticed that he had recently removed his license plate, thus raising concern.
People have since pointed out that the failure to display plates charge was from May. The hearing was Sept 18.

I think you guys are thinking too hard. please note these charges are father and son. Two different DOB. Plus note sure you are allowed to sleuth the father if his name isn't in the media or a POI.

I do not see a Jr or a Sr on those, which leads to believe it could be either one of them.
Exactly, on some of the ones that say Jesse L Matthew only they are in reference to the older DOB 5/30 and others are the younger DOB mid December one...it is very messy.

If I were a black male in these circumstances, I'm not sure what I would do.

Police were looking for information about Hannah. Why didn't Jesse Mathew come forward right away and let police know that he was with her on the night she disappeared? A good person would do that.

Re the car photo - I was just perusing through various fb accounts (following my nose lol!) and came across that pic belonging to a dreaded guy. Being from the UK and therefore not having these types of cars around, I couldn't tell what make it was, was just interested in the colour really!

looks like the only 2 door Chrysler made in a rust / reddish orange color was a Chrysler Sebring.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/chrysler/1998/sebring-sedan/

Don't hate me guys...but I'm still not convinced OWG isn't involved in Hannah's disappearance.

Hope your disappointment won't be too great if he isn't involved.....:facepalm:

Whatever they found in the car had to give them probable cause to search the apt. The only way I can see that is something that puts Hannah in his car or something that places him with Hannah at some point that night after the videos. I think it's likely the receipt from Tempos, but maybe it was something more serious. . .part of her phone, jewelry, etc.

I wish we knew what it was.

I'm still on the fence. . .:gaah:

THIS. Exactly this. I believe if we knew what about the car warranted taking it away and also led to a search warrant for the apartment, much light would be shed. Waiting impatiently.

If he has an extensive criminal history can't believe UVA hospital would hire him. Scary.

Based on what? That he admitted to having drinks with her?

Based on the fact that he was the last person seen with her. Maybe more, we don't know everything. I assume if there is a possibility that he is involved in Morgan's disappearance, this would be something that they would pursue.

so isn't there more bank/other business footage to come out? won't this determined whether hannah got in the car or not?

The POI's Facebook page says that in July 2014 he became friends with one of the people who was listed on property records for 164 Hessian Hills Way. Maybe he hasn't lived there very long?

Also, I agree with the above poster that one should NEVER talk to the police if they seek you out for questioning. Even if - no, especially if - you are innocent.

It scares me that people think like this. Any bit of advice with the word "never" in it is suspect. You may or may not want to talk to the cops, depending upon the circumstances at the time. Take this LJ guy. Assuming he did it, jerking the cops around for another week or so may not be the best thing for him right now. It could be, but it also could not be. Sometimes the best thing for someone in that position is to cooperate and show the cops where the body is. It really depends upon the circumstances.

But to say NEVER talk to the cops no matter what is a very dangerous and asinine bit of advice. Talking to the cops may be the thing that gets you a reduced sentence, or not the death penalty. It really depends on the specific circumstances of your case.

Folks, just FYI, but that large list of charges again "MATTHEWS, JESSE LEROY;" contains charges against two different people, one of whom appears to be homeless at some time(s).

Also, not that I'm defending him (or them), but not every charge resulted in a conviction - some are recorded with a final disposition of not guilty or nolle prosequi.

Thanks was not enough!! As only the DM has named him so far, and there's no word from LE, we should be careful ... Just saying ...

Whatever they found in the car had to give them probable cause to search the apt.
Apologies for beating a dead horse, as I have said this elsewhere, but Chief Longo was very specific on Friday in saying that the POI's car had *not* been searched at the time that they "developed probable cause" to obtain a search warrant for the apartment. You can watch him interacting with a reporter who asks him about it here (jump to 2:22) --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPPS1pb56Q

If he has an extensive criminal history can't believe UVA hospital would hire him. Scary.

I don't know how hospitals work, but when I worked in a public school district only certain things were considered disqualifying offenses, so his criminal history may not have even shown up, depending on what was involved

It scares me that people think like this. Any bit of advice with the word "never" in it is suspect. You may or may not want to talk to the cops, depending upon the circumstances at the time. Take this LJ guy. Assuming he did it, jerking the cops around for another week or so may not be the best thing for him right now. It could be, but it also could not be. Sometimes the best thing for someone in that position is to cooperate and show the cops where the body is. It really depends upon the circumstances.

But to say NEVER talk to the cops no matter what is a very dangerous and asinine bit of advice. Talking to the cops may be the thing that gets you a reduced sentence, or not the death penalty. It really depends on the specific circumstances of your case.

never talk to cops without a lawyer present.

So sad but true . . . . . Charlottesville has lots of groups of people that are afraid to go to the police with information (black males, recently emigrated Mexicans, even Asian visiting professors at UVA). I am aware and know many locals these groups that feel this way. Not that they have any reason to, but there is general skeptism and fear in their communities about authorities. Last week someone in one of these groups was afraid to go to the SPCA to retrieve their dog that escaped their yard. They were afraid it was a "set-up" and that they would be detained/questioned. I could not convince them otherwise and they let their dog to. Sad, that some populations here feel this way, but it is true.

I was talking to an older, black maintenance man in my office building yesterday. He even said that if he knew anything, he would not come forward . . . . . he'd be afraid. When I asked if he would feel more comfortable if speaking to a black officer on the Greene County Police Force, he answered, "are you kidding? there are no black officers on the force". It's sad that in this day & age, that some populations of people still live in feer of authorities. :(

because when you're the last person to have seen her + you're a black dude, it's scary as hell to come forward. i'm not saying he's innocent, but certain groups of people are often afraod to talk to LE, and for good reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member