VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just by him being the last person to see her is enough for them to get a warrant for his DNA? Wonder why they haven't done that yet (or maybe they have).

It depends a lot on the circumstances. They have not even arrested him yet. But he the last person seen with a drunk girl who has not been seen in a week. That is evidence of his involvement. It may not rise to the level of evidence needed to arrest him or to get his DNA, but it is still evidence (IMO, it is pretty good evidence, considering the circumstances). I would be shocked if this guy was not responsible for her disappearance.

Is it possible that the other 3 apartments are vacant? There have been cases in the past where crimes were committed in vacant apartments. Has it been confirmed that residents are currently living in the other 3 apartments? They may be for sale. I saw some listed on Zillow.

I read somewhere that there were "a lot of women" living in those apartments....?? If there's any truth to that, that could be a clue why they wanted to search them all. If it's even true that they were all searched.

Would it be presumptuous to think police, by having his car, also have his DNA too?

I sure hope they are running as I type.
I'm going to go out on a limb here....I think he is sketch.

Police were looking for information about Hannah. Why didn't Jesse Mathew come forward right away and let police know that he was with her on the night she disappeared? A good person would do that.

A number of us, have asked ourselves that same question.
One possible explanation: HG and DG (and their extended party circles) consume major alcohol and whatever else. I am wondering, if DG really even had a clear recollection of what HG looked like, . And was he able to match that 'image' of HG (at 1am), vs. the many photo images that were in the print newspapers. Frankly, HG looked much different on Fri/Sat night, than she did in many of those photo images. One photo showed her in blond hair.

My point: Could it be possible, that during the 4 days +/- of various press releases and posted flyers about missing HG, DG did not make the connection, between the image of HG he was with, and the photo images released by police? I am considering that it is not unrealistic, to consider the possibility that DG didn't put the two, together.

Wondering if anyone saw a flyer, that showed HG, EXACTLY as she looked on Fri night.

I was thinking more of Morgan, as they could connect or vindicate him via his dna. If there are reasons that we don't know that could connect him to Morgan coupled with this potential crime, I would say yes.

Referencing the above post about warrant for DNA.

Just don't know about Dreds.

He has some traffic citations but nothing else of a serious nature. Other than an aversion to holding down a full-time job he seems like a normal guy who has kept his nose clean. Even looking at his photo I do not see a murderer. I just don't.

After a full week of coverage.......and maybe even seeing himself on video...........he still did not flee. I think if he was guilty he would have. So until police inform us that they have EVIDENCE Hannah was in that car..........then Dreds isn't looking as solid as a suspect to me as he once was.

JMO I believe that LE said that they were led to the car by calls about the car. Maybe when the videos were made public, some people recognized DG from the video and remembered seeing him get into that red-flag-of-a-car and notified LE. Then LE probably saw it in surveillance videos that WE have NOT seen. Longo said that LE believes HG was in the car, as well, but maybe surveillance video does not show that. So, they find the car, owner and residence.........what they saw in the car is a mystery......but it meant that they wanted search warrants for the apartment. I keep hearing that they searched all 4 apartments, and I don't understand how a judge approved warrants for the other 3 apartments ???? Wait and see, I guess. JMO

Wonder if the info about the car came from WG?

It depends a lot on the circumstances. They have not even arrested him yet. But he the last person seen with a drunk girl who has not been seen in a week. That is evidence of his involvement. It may not rise to the level of evidence needed to arrest him or to get his DNA, but it is still evidence (IMO, it is pretty good evidence, considering the circumstances). I would be shocked if this guy was not responsible for her disappearance.

OK, but we were supposed to be talking about what kind of evidence is required to get a warrant for DNA..... I realize it points to him being the culprit, and some may even call it "evidence", but my limited understanding of the law is that cops just can't go around requiring DNA submissions from people for (possibly) being the last person to see a missing person.

In my opinion, Dred's family members just screwed him. By grandma going public with Dred's claim that he and Hannah parted ways after leaving the bar, the police only have to establish Hannah was in his car to know that he is lying.

Fast forward to murder trial, the prosecutor puts both Mom and Grandma on the stand with this claim, now debunked by physical evid
ence, and the jury sees a liar (Dreds) sitting in front of them.

Yes, but the Daily Mail, while good at getting scoops, is also notoriously inaccurate

Maybe a neighbor did tell LE they saw Hannah at the apt. That would certainly be probable cause for a warrant, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13