VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for some reason think she may have been saying I am lost...as in she didn't understand something. I only say that because of the way she said "I'm coming to a party....I'm lost" as in she was asking a question. Otherwise why would she say I'm coming to a party instead of I'm going to a party? Just a thought.

That wording has bothered me since I first saw it..."coming to a party", not going to a party. But after hearing about the possibility of her getting a ride, it seems a little more logical. She's in the car and says..."I'm coming to a party"; i.e., I'm on my way to a party. As far as the "I'm lost" part, it would be nice to see the exact wording of the text in order to figure that one out. I wonder if the address she gave is where she was heading, rather than where she was when she wrote the message.

That phrase bothers me to. IMO, it doesn't sound like first-person, it sounds more third-person, like someone texting as Hannah, but not being aware enough to change the pronoun phrasing. I said this last night at silly o'clock, I know I'm probably grasping at straws here in parsing the text, but I don't believe Hannah sent that, not based on what I've read of her twitter feed. It just doesn't seem like a turn of phrase she would use.

I just want to clarify that we do not know that that is a direct quote of the text. In fact, I am inclined to think it is not. There are several different versions of "exactly" what the text said, that all contradict each other in some way. I wouldn't get too hung up on the specific details of the wording of what is probably a paraphrase of the text.

This is going to sounds really, really weird. After watching all the videos of her walking and being alone so much of the evening, I have to pose this question. Is there any way possible she could have some type of exercise disorder? It almost looks like she is wearing running type shoes in some of the videos I watched. I knew girls in college that would go out walking at midnight after a night on the town as to not feel fat after drinking all night. I know it is weird. I just wonder if she left after Tempo's and continued her exercising and then was snatched by someone else? Sorry, i know this is weird and disrespectful.

That was my very first thought on seeing the videos.

They said no one who lived in the apartment complex who knew Jesse would go on tv....

omg...Fox5 is interviewing someone who knew Jesse from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! How is this even worthwhile??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous. What a freaking waste of time. I waited ALL NIGHT FOR THIS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

Recap please?

Who is older white guy? Can someone link me to photos or video? or direct me where to go? Thanks!!!

Who says she's the one who created the text? Sometimes perps text from the victim's phone. Do we know when she was last seen? Was she actually in the bar at the time of the text?

Because the instinct of a normal, innocent person is to do what ever they can to help find someone who is lost or assist someone who is injured. Regardless of race or history. It is typical for innocent people to come forward immediately and have themselves ruled out with polygraphs, etc. IMO.

Here is a link to timeline and videos.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/18/all-surveillance-videos-of-missing-uva-student-hannah-elizabeth-graham/

also this link has video of the pub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw

That wording has bothered me since I first saw it..."coming to a party", not going to a party. But after hearing about the possibility of her getting a ride, it seems a little more logical. She's in the car and says..."I'm coming to a party"; i.e., I'm on my way to a party. As far as the "I'm lost" part, it would be nice to see the exact wording of the text in order to figure that one out. I wonder if the address she gave is where she was heading, rather than where she was when she wrote the message.

And if that is the exact quote -- which it might not be -- why "a" party instead of "the" party?

Did she just say she was lost on the text? Where did the info about the intersection come from? Was that an earlier text? A later one? So confused. I don't think any outlet has printed the actual messages verbatim, have they?

Also, if he knows Hannah was not in his car or home, I can kind of see just letting LE do their thing and not hiring and paying for a lawyer yet. He knows nothing will be found, if he never gave her a ride. He knows his phone info will match what he tells LE, if they ever have more reason to question him. If he guilty, then he is just toughing it out, making them "prove it." Either way, he is not going to be of help in finding her now. Le or the public is going to have to do that.

Jmo

We do not know for sure the exact wording of the text, as different news outlets have quoted very different things. However at the initial press conference I believe it was Longo who confirmed she indicated she was lost in the area of that intersection. Again, no exact wording but she did indicate that area.

I am not surprised that the interview was with someone who knew JM years ago. They chose to put it on at 11:30 PM, and the advertising didn't mention who was talking because they knew people would not tune in.

"i rode the bus with him in middle school" WTF IS THIS WASTE OF TIME?!

jef3r said:
omg...Fox5 is interviewing someone who knew Jesse from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! How is this even worthwhile??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous. What a freaking waste of time. I waited ALL NIGHT FOR THIS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

skigirl said:
OMG, rode the bus with him in middle school? Hasn't seen him in 13-14 YEARS? WTF. Where did they find this guy? I'm about to throw my computer out the window. I hope the anchor has a good time at her wedding tonight.

At least I wasn't alone -- I thought maybe I had overreacted :) Who do I sue to get that five minutes back?

Yes, "technically", he has been in trouble with the law before . . . . . but from what I have heard, it was minor things (expired car tag, failure to pay a fine on time, etc.). I am brought to tears writing this, because when I heard Chief Longo say the POI has been know by police, I assumed it was some hardened criminal and the abduction of Hannah was just the next level of their crimes. But after realizing that I know the POI, I am so sad the the way the media phrased his "run-ins with the law" made me think terrible things! . . . . and being a you, black male (with dreads, no less) in Central Virginia, I don't know if I would have felt comfortable coming forward either. Heartbroken!

Yeah, it was very unprofessional of the police. I wouldn't give people like that the time of day either.

Hard for me to believe that police would not have requested a voluntary DNA swab from WG when he came forward as a witness. I have never liked the theory that WG and POI were working together. Now we take it a step further and suggest that 2 women were also in on it? It's just too much. Way too much. I think people are looking at that video and trying to see what is not there.

This might support a concerted effort to get HG away from her comfort zone and taken away then handed off to others for the purposes of sex trafficking. People don't want to believe it's happening in Virginia. Even the Governor has a commission on the topic/problem.

I will repeat, there is nothing to support the idea that anyone out on the downtown mall could have determined that HG was a UVA student. They would have had no reason to believe that she was not a townie. She was just another solitary female at nearly 1:30 AM. She was a young female walking alone in an area that locals have tried to explain is not a good place to travel to and from, on foot, alone at night. Locals have said a dozen time that the students don't hang out there on weekends.

These are the exact type of places that groups befriend a vulnerable female, take them away from their comfort zone and then off to other cities and yes, these pimps use women to make the girls feel comfortable. Often times, they simply drop them off at a prearranged motel, for as little as $500, to another pimp who moves them from cheap motel to cheap motel all along the interstates. I know some of the members think this is impossible because of who HG was but the bad guys didn't know who she was. I will only add that Chief Longo made it very clear in his Press Conference that other people might be involved. That he didn't want the community to get tunnel vision re: the POI now named: JLM.

Interesting.

I hadnt considered the phraseology before. Ive been a driver for most of my adult life so my text would have read "going to a party" since it would involve some work (driving) getting there.

"Coming" does seem to imply that someone is "bringing" her there.

I think she wanted to meet someone or get something, and not meet up with a group of friends.

Either the POI has some explaining to do (hands on her, buying drinks, his car leaving within minutes of that action) - or the Police have it all wrong, entirely wrong.

I still think the person who was with HG (whoever that turns out to be) sent the text from her phone. He had a plan. Premeditated. Rape and murder. Predators are patient, often waiting for years in between victims. But when the right opportunity presents itself, they are ready.

I believe some of the charges dug up today were for his father, so use caution, including the traffic ones on 9/18/14 as far as I know.

dude rode the bus with JM in middle school. waste of time. he said JM was a person of faith and he doesn't think he is capable of this. but hasn't heard from/seen him in 13-14 years.

A LOT can happen in 13-14 years time. I dont think I would recognize or even like the kid I was back then. Totally different person now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990