VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I resemble that remark (back in the day!) I think it's also a modern mindset. I've found myself repeatedly texting my husband when he's really late and then realizing I could call directly. She possibly thought she would ultimately end up at her destination so the texting was backup. idk

If her friends were in a party... maybe it would have been useless to call anyway due to noise.

When I was an underaged college student wanting to buy alcohol, I had plenty of friends with of-age friends or siblings who were perfectly willing to supply me. I never had to rely on strangers, and I don't recall any of my peers who did.

I was a huge fan on Longo also until I realized I knew the POI and recalled Longo saying "police are familiar with the POI" . . . . but if you look at the POI's record, the worst thing he has ever done is not paid a ticket on time and let his car registration expire. When I first heard Longo say there is familiarity between the POI and police, I expected him to have some huge criminal record and he does not. . . . . now I am wondering what else Longo said with the intention of leading people to conclusions that may be inaccurate. I'm sure he wants to solve this case, and he is clearly passionate about resolution and sympathetic to her parents, but I am fearful that he has lost some of his objectivity.

. . . . also . . . remember when he said that the person they were looking for was a black male, with a goat-tee, and short hair. Now come to find out there was never anyone matching that description involved with the case.

. . . . . also . . . remember when he said that no one was walking with Hannah with their arm around her; that it was just her reflection (eventhough the video appeared otherwise)? . . . . well, now Longo is saying, yes, it was the POI.

As much as I respected Longo a few days ago, he has lost credibility with me. You cant plea to the public for assistance and pretend you are giving them information to go on and then we find out a lot of the information was lies . . . . possibly with the intent of leading to conclusions you had already made.

Jmo I know most people are in love with the police chief lol...but I was not wild about how he gave so much info about POI, except his name, as if daring someone else to reveal it, so Le would not be "responsible" for his name being out there if he is innocent, and something happens to him.

Anyway Jmo, I know many will disagree.

I don't buy far more than half the theories that folks here come up with, but I don't attack them for sharing them. Sheesh!
I am not buying your story.I think you have an interest in protecting LJ and that speaks volumes to me.

The refocus is a woman one half block from HG's apartment was beaten unconscious and raped.

and a man was also assaulted the next night in the same area. I think there's someone on the loose and she crossed paths with him. not sure if JM is the person on a rampage.
someone did something to HG and got a power trip on it and went out to do the same thing the next few nights, but did not succeed as well for various reasons.

as many people have stated MANY times, many people mistrust LE, and for good reason. there isn't a great track record with how LE treats minorities in particular.

True enough. But taking an impaired young woman to a bar and not calling for help for her is not consistent with who he would appear to be outwardly.

I was a huge fan on Longo also until I realized I knew the POI and recalled Longo saying "police are familiar with the POI" . . . . but if you look at the POI's record, the worst thing he has ever done is not paid a ticket on time and let his car registration expire. When I first heard Longo say there is familiarity between the POI and police, I expected him to have some huge criminal record and he does not. . . . . now I am wondering what else Longo said with the intention of leading people to conclusions that may be inaccurate. I'm sure he wants to solve this case, and he is clearly passionate about resolution and sympathetic to her parents, but I am fearful that he has lost some of his objectivity.

. . . . also . . . remember when he said that the person they were looking for was a black male, with a goat-tee, and short hair. Now come to find out there was never anyone matching that description involved with the case.

. . . . . also . . . remember when he said that no one was walking with Hannah with their arm around her (eventhough the video appeared otherwise)? . . . . well, now Longo is saying, yes, it was the POI.

As much as I respected him a few days ago, he has lost credibility with me. You cant plea to the public for assistance and pretend you are giving them information to go on and then we find out a lot of the information was lies.

Anyone agree?

he said that he has had 'police contact.' i don't think he said 'familiarity.'

I would not go have drinks with a stranger if I were lost.
how could she not recognize she was going the wrong way down Preston after Grady's? how disoriented was she and why?

Both of these points factor in to why I don't think she was "lost." I think she had intentionally ditched and misled her friends.

There is a table of three men in that video (referring to the pub video) It looks like they are talking about her. You can see there heads and gestures. When she crossed back over the street to leave one of them leaves the table. Maybe they should really look into where that young man goes. You can see someone leave out that direction at the very end of the video, but it is too short to see it.

In the video after HG walks up the ramp, a guy sitting at the table (dark shirt or jacket with white inner shirt) gets up and walks out, then you see a guy leaning against the railing like he's talking to someone, the guy has a dark shirt/jacket on, I don't know if HG is still at the pub or has left.

True enough. But taking an impaired young woman to a bar and not calling for help for her is not consistent with who he would appear to be outwardly.

well idk. there are so many things we don't know about this case. i'm going to reserve my judgment.

I am posting this because of posts earlier tonight where people were trying to connect the vehicle search and then the later apt search. Hope this helps some.

The Plain View Doctrine
Police officers do not need a warrant to search and seize contraband or evidence that is "in plain view" if the officer has a right to be where the evidence or contraband is first spotted. For instance, the police may search for and seize marijuana growing outdoors if they first spot the marijuana from an airplane or helicopter, since the marijuana is deemed to be in plain view. Similarly, if an officer walks by a car and spots evidence or contraband through the car window, a search may be conducted without a warrant. The same rule would apply if an officer is in your home for other valid reasons and spots drugs on a table or cabinet.

wait, were there more videos released since i took a break a few hrs ago?

I'm just going to throw this out there. Did anyone else notice that OWG not only gave a bad description of the BG with his arm around HG, but that he said he stopped following at that point because it looked like she knew him...only the video shows the OWG STILL following them both? Sorry if that's been said, I'm about 10 pages behind...

As I posted earlier, there are things about the data of this case that have me scratching my head. I'm just going too wait this one out and hope more information surfaces regarding the present POI before I get too excited. I can see why LE is holding off. They feel, as I do, that further evidence/information is needed to take any further action. Peace

(Snipped for brevity)

I agree with points you made. This one point though... I might be willing to cut him some slack. While it's possible that this description was used as a red herring, as some posters believe, I think it's possible that it was just a very inaccurate witness description from WG. Witness descriptions are SO SO SO inaccurate a lot of the time... especially when the witness doesn't even know a crime is occurring and that they will need to remember what they are seeing (in detail) days later. It was only when the mall information was released that WG would have started to try to reconstruct that memory in detail. And, IMO, his eyes were probably on Hannah and not JM if you catch my drift.

JMO. Possible I'm totally wrong.

I teach teenagers who are just a few years younger than HG. They don't call ANYONE. They do all of their communication via text or social media.
Regarding texting vs. calling, as someone with awful service at home I've learned texts will go through while calls are repeatedly dropped. I also assume texting uses less battery.

We don't know what she told him. She could have said her boyfriend was coming to pick her up. WE JUST DONT KNOW.

I think it's clear we need to know more about WG. Being cooperative doesn't clear your name- I would hope the police would tell us he had an alibi for afterward, passed a polygraph, was being asked to explain where he went after he stopped following Hannah other than 'on his way'. He could be the good be the Good Samaritan but it is the duty of the officers to be skeptical and consider here could be more to the story. If they have that info- they should share it with the public. In my mind, he's still a POI also.

I think it's clear we need to know more about WG. Being cooperative doesn't clear your name- I would hope the police would tell us he had an alibi for afterward, passed a polygraph, was being asked to explain where he went after he stopped following Hannah other than 'on his way'. He could be the good be the Good Samaritan but it is the duty of the officers to be skeptical and consider here could be more to the story. If they have that info- they should share it with the public. In my mind, he's still a POI also.

polygraphs are BS

You guys are insane to think that LE would essentially identify the POI in the media -- going so far as to give the media all of the information they needed to identify him and daring the public to do so -- without having significant probable case to back up their suspicions. If they are for some reason using the POI as a ruse to make another suspect (WG, for instance) comfortable in hopes that that person would slip up, they are opening themselves up to massive civil liability (defamation!) and malpractice charges.

Not saying that WG or any other person is innocent, or that POI is guilty, but that LE certainly has consulted their legal counsel to determine that they are not opening themselves up to liability in this way.

They have their man,just a matter of time.Might lead to other POI's JMO.

she appears to have some really crappy friends.
Or some friends who were drunk and some maybe even passed out around the time HG was supposedly saying she was headed to the party (we don't know the exact wording of her texts). They're college kids who were partying. Maybe HG was going to show up; maybe she wasn't. Unless the friends at the party lived with her, it's frighteningly possible that nobody would notice anything amiss for a day or two after her disappearance. My colleagues and I had this discussion at work the other day, recalling how careless we were at that age, not even considering our own vulnerability or mortality. Roommate not around? They'd be more likely to think she'd hooked up with somebody than to wonder if maybe she'd been kidnapped and murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member