VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Our local news stations are urging kids to download this app.

I wish we knew what Hannah said to the bouncer at McGrady's. I wish we knew what the assault victims had to say about their attackers (if they've said anything about how it happened or a description). I wonder how, if she had consumed so much alcohol, she hadn't had to use the bathroom. I can't imagine running while needing to go! I think beer is the worst culprit for that, but maybe it was other alcohol.

Having loads of experience with small Christian schools, I am going to venture to guess the answer is NO. Volunteers are cleared once.

This is all in my personal experience and I realize all schools would be different.

I erased what had been the last half of my post when I asked that - and I basically said the same thing :)

Similarly, I was basing it on my experience at multiple private schools - most of which were also specifically private Christian schools also! Well, and from conferences that were private school specific as well. In several places, we did regularly rerun through the sex offender DB though.

Since his presence at practices and what not wasn't obligatory, and he wasn't always there, it seems like he was on a very far end of the scale even volunteer wise (as far as his true affiliation/involvement)

I'd suspect he'd be more apt to have some check or another run more than once working at the hospital, even just in his job doing patient transport.

At the same time, I have a feeling some of her friends know more and are not coming forward. Someone knew at that small gathering where she was going to or seeing.

But she was all over the place.

I think the 2 men that were so concerned for her safety saw a woman that was not in control of her senses that night
someone took advantage of that situation. The WG gives me the creeps. Lurker!

If these guys had nothing to do with this they would get themselves ruled out ASAP and let LE move on to someone else.
JMO

Just a thought.
She wasn't carrying a purse sooo maybe she had her debit card or money tucked into her waistband of her pants. I have done it. You also keep checking to make sure its still there.

My daughter (age 20 ~ in college) and her friends wear yoga pants quite often, and they don't have pockets, so the girls usually put their phones in the back of their waistbands. Might explain why she was checking it (or putting it back in) as she walked off the curb.

Agree. I think both the assessments of what friends should have done and assessments of what HG did are harmful unless specifically necessary for sleuthing. Know what I mean?

Not necessarily. I believe we are seeing a dynamic here, both in the Morgan Harrington murder, and this disappearance - a dynamic that may never have been previously explored, an important one.

My opinion only

Or, POI didn't give her a ride and WG was still following her and did something. Although that doesn't really work for me because I believe Hannah did not text that she was lost at 14th and Wertland. I believe she attempted to text that she was Almost at 14th and Wertland.

I don't know if Hannah had an iPhone, but I do. And for the heck of it I opened a text box and typed in lmost, as if I missed the A, and it autocorrected it to Lost. For her to Almost be at 14th and Wertland at 1:20-ish would she have had to get a ride there or is it possible she could have jogged from the mall after leaving Tempo?

Also, iPhones are notorious for losing charge fairly quickly, some models more than others. Depending on how many apps you have running in the background, it may not last long at all. She had been out since 9:30, right? I could see her phone dying 4 hours later. There is no removable battery in an iPhone.

Interesting! I hadn't considered that autocorrect could be at play. I am constantly sending nonsensical (or worse, sensical but autocorrected to be wrong) texts. Also, I forgot that the battery isn't removable. Don't cell phones send signals even when off if the battery is alive? Isn't this what got some criminals in trouble in the early days cell phones -- that they thought turning their cell phone off was enough to hide their movements?

All this talk about alcohol sure does make me thirsty.......

Is 7:30 A.M. on a Sunday morning too early to have a beer.....??

Since it's a private Christian school and he wasn't an official coach but was a volunteer, I wonder if that actually happened regularly? Do you know if that's the case there/with him?

As if he's a volunteer, wouldn't that mean they run ALL volunteers annually (which would seem to have to include any parent volunteers also, no?)? That seems like it could be a heck of a lot of people, even at a smaller school.

My kids' small, private school background checks everyone who volunteers in any capacity.

My husband is the president of our local little league, and has been in similar positions for years. He is in charge of background checks for coaches, assistants, team moms, concession stand people - any volunteer. The guidelines really only speak to crimes against children, sex crimes, and violent felonies. There are coaches with DUI, vehicular manslaughter, and other non-felony convictions. Based on what has been posted here I am not surprised he would pass a youth sports background check. I am not saying I agree with it, just that I'm not surprised he would be allowed to coach given his current record.

The only thing to support her being in distress is WG reasoning for following her. He apparently told LE she seemed in distress. I've been hesitant to believe that, just because I can't see it myself.

What we dont know is for how long was WG following her. Remember in the video he was in front of her and than stepped in the shadows to only get behind her. WG at one point in the beginning of the video looked over his shoulder at her and she was about one half to one block away and with another person inbetween them. If THIS was the first time he noticed her, why turn around? did he hear something? someone was inbetween and why didnt that guy who was closer to her notice her? Is the the first time he noticed her? or perhaps is it because he wanted to make sure she was still behind him. There is a good chance he was following her earlier and made his way in front of her at one point to gain a different perspective.

maybe...there is one very clear copy of the McGrady vid floating around I watched last night- and of course I can't find it now. It seems she was distracted with her waistband and that could be why she trailed off the sidewalk, instead of drunken stumbling iwkwim...

There's a media thread that has a lot of this stuff so people don't have to keep googling for it!

My daughter and her friends wear yoga pants quite often, and they don't have pockets, so the girls usually put their phones in the back of their waistbands. Might explain why she was checking it (or putting it back in) as she walked off the curb.

OT, but isn't this just asking to be pick-pocketed? Especially if wearing a top that doesn't cover what has been tucked into the waist band?

OT, but isn't this just asking to be pick-pocketed? Especially if wearing a top that doesn't cover what has been tucked into the waist band?

Why is tucking a phone in your pants asking to be pick pocketed? And why especially if the top doesn't meet the pants?

Well...except for the fact that WG misstated the description of the BG. Oh...and he said he stopped following her after he thought she knew the BG, which, no, he actually followed them both on the video. That's what baffles me...why would he lie?

We don't know if it was WG getting it wrong or LE changing it on purpose tho. I doubt we will ever know.

It reminds me of the sketch that was released in the Abby Hernandez case that looked the exact opposite of the actual suspect.

Possibly, but they don't really seem too concerned about that. They want their hands free, and phones readily available where they can feel it vibrate (because from what I have seen most of them keep their phones on vibrate) easily.

At the same time, I have a feeling some of her friends know more and are not coming forward. Someone knew at that small gathering where she was going to or seeing.

This bothers me, too. She sent a text to someone in particular. She said she was lost. She asked to be looked for. Did anyone bother to look for her? Did no one know where she intended to go when she left the party? Was she that secretive, or that much of a loner? She seemed quite sociable to me. JMO

What I want to know more than anything is how these spur-of-the-moment, amatuer criminals, are able to hide bodies so well that hundreds and even thousands of people are unable to find them.

We see this in case after case in here.

Is there some sort of a massive flaw in the search methods ?

Is hiding an adult body so easy that any half-wit criminal can do it with little or no planning ?

I can't pull into an alley and take a whiz without some motorist driving by unexpectedly.

How are these types able to transport and dispose of someone so quickly and thoroughly, without detection, in a busy densely populated area ?

There are tons of rural areas in Virginia that one could easily hide a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC