VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he is scared to talk to police because he is a black man thought to have done something wrong to a white girl and fears that the system may screw him.

I'm sure that Asian, Caucasian, and Black people all have some demons, but when a young Asian, Caucasian, or Black woman is missing, it's time to put that on the back burner and help. That's all there is to it.

I've spent better part of an hour looking for something I swear I remember hearing. So I will just say it as my opinion, with no link. I remember early on LE saying it would take weeks to get the phone pings. Which is also in line with other cases I have followed. So I wanted to throw this out there before we, as a group, interpret things based on thinking that they already looked at her phone pings and knew where she was.
But, obviously I could be wrong.

There can be several levels of pings depending on the kind of phone and the way her carrier is set up. The towers often don't belong to any cell phone company; they CAN be owned by a third party that leases bandwidth to the carriers in the area. The carrier has their own record of the pings and that is usually fairly easy to get to. But each tower also has a record of every cell phone it ever touched base with. This is at the level of chip and phone IDs and is not in a form that you can just look at and say, Oh, that's Hannah's phone. They need to do what's called "data mining" to get the relevant information out of it and they can then correlate that to similar information from the other towers. It will give a very precise location but it does take some time and effort to find.

The biggest slowdown might well be just the paperwork involved in getting the data and making sure standards of computer forensics are adhered to so there's no question it's accurate.

I wish we knew what Hannah said to the bouncer at McGrady's. I wish we knew what the assault victims had to say about their attackers (if they've said anything about how it happened or a description). I wonder how, if she had consumed so much alcohol, she hadn't had to use the bathroom. I can't imagine running while needing to go! I think beer is the worst culprit for that, but maybe it was other alcohol.

Does it even have a bouncer? It's a restraunt yes?

That's possible, but those records would come from the service provider. The issue boils down to which records are sought, i.e., location, usage, or data. Procedures and turnaround time can vary for each.

JMO

I believe there's some really good information on this within the Jennifer Huston threads. Related specifically to Apple.

I don't think they have even said that JLM acted, much less acted alone. So far, they have said he purchased a drink and they have "every reason to believe" she was in his car. Though they didn't provide one reason during the press conference.

That bothers me too, unless they are just surmising she got into the car because they left the restaurant together and then there is video of him driving away from there.

Her texts are going to hold some clues as to what she was doing - I think she was looking for someone and I think she was either gonna buy drugs or meet someone to go to party with her. Is it possible she didn't WANT to go to the party and was telling her friends she was lost so she could be too late and then not bother and get out of it, in order to meet up with someone?

Someone else posted on another site, Huffington Post, just his opinion that the police were setting this guy up on purpose so the real perp screws up. They know he didn't do anything. If there was ANY evidence that she was in his car, that guy would not be walking around. JMO

The thing with checks for working with kids/vulnerable people is that they are ultimately flawed. If the person hasn't been caught and convicted of a sexual crime then its not going to show up on a background check. The person could be a prolific sex offender but unless they have been caught they will come up clean on checks.

Well, they may not always be sufficient, but they sure would have helped Ally Zapp :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Alexandra_Zapp

Again, the smell of a decomposing body is distinct and undeniable.

Confirming - I've smelled it - you immediately know what it is even if you have never smelled it before. If anything was no longer there though, or was there for a day or less, any scent detectable by humans would probably be gone.

Probably has been asked but can't find it... What was HG's major?
I was trying to make a connection if it was in a health field and she did clinicals in the hospital where JM worked...maybe she knew him and felt comfortable having that drink. The WG witness reported seemed like she knew him....

Does it even have a bouncer? It's a restraunt yes?

Pub.......in a college town...on a weekend night.

I cant say for certain without calling them but Id be willing to bet good money that it does.

I think if someone found her phone, they's probably have called it in by now..."I think I found the phone of that girl who was missing." I'm sure it ran out of batteries or it was broken/tossed by the person after things went bad.

Here is my question for locals: I know Louisville was in town for a football game the next day. Were there a lot of fans/alum from Louisville in town Friday night? Wouldn't these (both the mall area and where her last text said she was) be the types of places out-of-towners would be? Just wondering if there are potential witnesses that have gone home and may not be aware of HG's case. My only experience at UVA is when we used to travel there every other year to see our alma mater play. We would always try to hit the local hot spots/gathering places.

Right but do we know she was never on Main? Or that she was on Preston when she thought she was on Main? (I've never been there so I'm having a hard time visualizing!) :)

I'm way behind, but she thought she was going one direction on Main, when in fact she was going the opposite direction on Preston. Arrows show direction she was moving, or thought she was moving.

View attachment 59536

ttp://fox4kc.com/2014/09/19/police-search-car-apartment-for-leads-into-what-happened-to-hannah-graham/

I believe those are in fact dumpsters, behind the fencing. IMO
I very much worry about their proximity to the apartment.
I am surprised no crime scene tape was around that area, but it doesn't appear to be...
Hmm...

If you look back in, um, I think probably thread #5, somebody posted a picture of those dumpsters with yellow tape around them and somebody who appeared to be standing guard. I guess this means they processed whatever they needed to and released the site.

Heavens no! I may be guilty of misusing my sons medication once or twice to get through a rough day but I would never snort it or shoot it up.

Well in the eyes of the law there is no difference between taking and snorting someone else's medication.

The description from WG of JG's encounter was that it was a 5'11, 250 pound male in black pants and a white shirt. A stretch from the all-white getup of JM, who is taller and heavier. Maybe they were working together? If so, I think I may know who it is, although I can't be positive of course.

I'm way behind, but she thought she was going one direction on Main, when in fact she was going the opposite direction on Preston. Arrows show direction she was moving, or thought she was moving.

Thank you, this is helpful. It's almost like her internal compass was turned by 180 degrees. She thought she was going slightly North and West when she was going South and East.

Are we allowed to post here Facebook posts by LJM's friends if they're publicly available?

IMO, LE does not have any video proof that she went into his car. If they did there would not have been all of the pleading and begging for witnesses to come forward.

I think their only reason to believe she got in his car is because they left the bar together.

Call the tip line. This is for the person above that said they think they know someone that might be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl