VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter: @mgallagh68 1h
@NBC29 We could use more volunteers and team leaders. Open registration until 2pm! #FindHannahGraham

I'm pretty sure a local said earlier that is the lot across the street from the garage. The garage closes at 1am tho.

Yes, I went looking for that because I thought one of the posters said that the garage had been converted to 24 hours, but according to the website it's the lot. I hope they had a camera on the lot!

http://www.charlottesvilleparking.com/index.php/locations

*Please note the following: Effective September 1, 2014, the Water Street Lot will be credit card only, and fully automated, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The daytime hourly rate (6am-6pm Monday-Friday) will decrease to $2.00 an hour, and will remain $2.50 an hour at all other times. If you need assistance at the Water Street Lot please push the button on the payment kiosk to be transferred directly to an attendant. If you need assistance after the hours of operation of the garages, please call 434.295.4131.*

There's a Water Street Garage and a Water Street Lot (as referenced above) The Garage does, indeed, close at 1am. If he was in the LOT, he'd need to use a credit card to pay which would be traceable. But, he could've just been parked on the street. JMO

No, you did not dream it. Someone (who may have been a local, but I'm not positive about that) also posted that dogs had followed her scent and it ended at the parking garage.

the garage would have been closed at that time. A towing company would have been called to get a car out.

No, you did not dream it. Someone (who may have been a local, but I'm not positive about that) also posted that dogs had followed her scent and it ended at the parking garage.
This was my question from the previous thread. When Longo stated they had "every reason to believe" that Hannah was in the car with JLM when he left the downtown area. Is part of the "every reason to believe" that on Tuesday, the scent dogs tracked Hannah's scent to where JLM's car was parked that night? I'm guessing there is footage of his car leaving the downtown area, but at an angle where the inside of the car is not visible.

Also, do we know any previous addresses for JLM? Way back in a previous thread, somebody had stated that a JLM lived on Ponderosa, in a rural area just south of C'ville. Was that ever verified?

That's exactly one of the reasons why I think the police know even more than they are saying. They said she texted that she was on one street, when in fact she was on a different one. I thought the pings only gave a parameter.

It makes me wonder if they have access to her apple information, and can really see where she went. i.e. wifirouters the phone is trying to connect with as she walks passed etc.

I never have used google maps for walking, but I do in the car. Maybe it was hard for her to figure out that she was walking the wrong way and taking wrong turns until she went about a block on foot (which is easy to do in a car, when your phone indicates you are going the wrong way and then reroutes you) Perhaps thats why you see her running one way, then another, and then back again. She is looking at her phone, and has to cover a small amount of distance before the app can register that she is going the right or wrong way.

If I recall correctly, there are quite a few one way streets in that area. This wouldn't be all that relevant if she was typing directions out of the area but certainly if she was trying to get somewhere near the mall (might make you go way out of your way b/c it may think you're driving). I'm sure all this was tracked though.

However I'd guess for sure any confusion was from the alcohol she had earlier. I've had many occasions where I was completely lost when blackout drunk in areas that I was somewhat familiar with earlier in the night (hotel at a bachelor party, leaving a bar by myself) with only flashes of memory the next morning of thoughts from the night like "darnit! I thought this was the floor/street." It's only happened when I got separated from the pack.

search-warrant.jpg

ttp://fox4kc.com/2014/09/19/police-search-car-apartment-for-leads-into-what-happened-to-hannah-graham/

I believe those are in fact dumpsters, behind the fencing. IMO
I very much worry about their proximity to the apartment.
I am surprised no crime scene tape was around that area, but it doesn't appear to be...
Hmm...

I am hoping someone has additional surveillance footage from Charlottesville. That needs to be called into the tip line and hopefully online soon. It's been over a week. I bet many of the people visiting this board are in Charlottesville. A lot of people talk. Is anyone listening?

This was my question from the previous thread. When Longo stated they had "every reason to believe" that Hannah was in the car with JLM when he left the downtown area. Is part of the "every reason to believe" that on Tuesday, the scent dogs tracked Hannah's scent to where JLM's car was parked that night? I'm guessing there is footage of his car leaving the downtown area, but at an angle where the inside of the car is not visible.

Also, do we know any previous addresses for JLM? Way back in a previous thread, somebody had stated that a JLM lived on Ponderosa, in a rural area just south of C'ville. Was that ever verified?

If they have video of the car and don't see a woman inside, they should post it online so we can look at it. They managed to miss a very large man next to her in the Tuel's video. :thinking:

So what if she lost her phone around 14th & Wertland before heading downtown? The could give reason to why she didnt call or text anyone during her lost trip to the DTM. Maybe another student picked it up and saw the message asking "where are you" and sarcastically said "Lost near 14th & Wertland" referring to the phone.

This could also help explain why she was lost. If she'd had her phone, she'd have just pulled up her location on Google maps or a similar app. Why didn't it occur to me before? I would never text that I'm lost. I would just navigate myself using an app.

She probably did lose it before McGrady's and someone picked it up and sent the text. Also could be why she seems determined; maybe she was looking for her phone. Maybe she asked the McGrady's doorman if she left her phone in there, mistakenly thinking it looked like a bar she'd been in previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This from HG's twitter account Sept 1st.

Hannah @hegraham25 · Sep 1
Omg I swear over-eager kid from my discussion is following me #help

I'd read about this text before, but the wording jumped out at me this morning. She's referring to somebody in one of her classes as a kid. Possibly as a sophisticated second-year student, a first-year student would seem that way, but that's also the attitude I've seen in young women who are dating older men (read: having an affair with prof/teaching assistant/etc.). Suddenly boys their own age are callow, shallow, and boring.

I don't know whether that's significant but combined with the way she seems to be looking for somebody, it does make me wonder.

I still think HG knew DG ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also think he has injected himself around the school to take advantage of any situation that would arise. In the video, he practically pounces on her like an animal looking for prey. There was a case at Old Dominion University, where a guy who wasn't a student, befriended (and lived) with college kids. He was convicted and executed for the murder of a 17 years young student. Serial killers seem to strike when they can. And I think this is linked to the other cases in that area. JMHO

I worry about how much LE have outed JM. It may in the end turn out to be justified, but right now I worry. What if people do what he's asking here and think back and go, Oh yeah, I did see a dread locked black man . Building a case on eye-witness testimony, after you've coached an entire city on what they are looking for. It just seems massively problematic. Like a giant leading question for an entire pool of potential witnesses, which could lead to a bunch of false reports. I also worry that Longo has put himself on the line with outing JM and now might have a hard time backing down if he's wrong. I mean couldn't he possibly be sued? He's all but begged folks to out the guy. If the guy is innocent couldn't that come back to bite Longo in the butt? My first impression of Longo was that I liked him and cheered him in his urgency and zeal for justice. But now I'm worried. I hope they have solid info backing up this strategy. It is not something I have ever seen any LE do before! JMO

Followed many missing/murdered person's investigations. Imo, Chief Longo's investigative strategy has been textbook. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource which is squandered in many m/m persons cases. Most times those investigations are prolonged or grow cold, imo. I am very impressed and although not optimistic that HG will be brought home safely. I am very optimistic that she will be located and justice served due to the transparency and tremendous awareness created in her case..jmo

I hope LE isn't sending people on a wild goose chase. If they truly believe that HG was IN JLM's car, shouldn't people be checking out areas associated with his current and former residences? Did he go to work last week? Could she have been dumped in a UVA hospital dumpster? JMO

LJM is a Jr so some of your address sleuthing and other search results could very well be his father.

Who said that she was extremely intoxicated in the first place? Her friends? I just think of extremely intoxicated as falling-down-drunk. She sure covered a lot of ground running without falling, per videos..........JMO

I don't remember anybody but LE saying this, actually. I think it's partly based on the way she bends over in the McGrady's video; some people think it looks like she's throwing up. Looks more to me like she dropped something.

I hope LE isn't sending people on a wild goose chase. If they truly believe that HG was IN JLM's car, shouldn't people be checking out areas associated with his current and former residences? Did he go to work last week? Could she have been dumped in a UVA hospital dumpster? JMO

If I were to dispose of a body it would NOT be anywhere near my home. I hate talking like this but I would drive several hours and find a remote location.

College kids do not swallow pills like Oxy, Percosets and Adderall. They snort them and it does make them hyper whereas if it was swallowed it would be calming. It's weird how that works but it's true. Cocaine and forms of speed are common in college as well as ecstacy, all which lower inhibitions and make strangers seem like old friends.

I still think HG knew DG ahead of time.

I dont think it works quite the way your envisioning it. My son has ADHD, Adderall actually calms him down. Whereas if I take it (and I have on couple of occasions to help me stay awake for school or work) it makes me hyper.

It should be noted that I dont have ADHD.

Its just a difference in body chemistry/the way peoples brains are wired IMO and has little to do with the actual method of delivery.

Earlier today (I think) someone posted a .pdf file showing Jesse Matthew as the asst varsity fb coach-I can't find that now but it was a great list of all sports at TCS. I wanted to look to see if Hannah possibly did something with their softball team since she played in high school. Can anyone else find that? Could be how they knew each other which in my opinion would be way more plausible than "he was her drug dealer" and other comments made. IMO-they did not know each other before the encounter on the mall.

I have definitely seen cases both ways. When it takes weeks, it is memorable because it feels like every single member at WS posts "no, that cannot be true!!" I am not sure what the difference in the availability of the pings is, but I do know they can take a really long time, or hardly any time at all. It may depend on who is on the account and who is available to release them - like if there is a family account, the spouse can have the record released faster than if they have get a court order or warrant. Just speculating, really.

I'm technology challenged, so won't even begin to try to explain or understand how it works! I know I was HIGHLY impressed when Bryce Laspisda's Mom was able to call the police, who immediately got his exact location, and was able to have someoen go to that exact location and she spoke with Bryce! Within minutes!!

Yet in some cases we do hear it takes a month to get the phone data, etc. But the ability exists in real time as evidenced by Bryce's case. I don't know if it's the phone provider, the phone, or what makes the difference.

Sometimes we read in cases where the police was able to FOLLOW the movement of the phone during an abduction or missing person case. Yet in other cases they'll state the phone is dead or turned off and don't seem to be able to tell where it was last used, etc.

Dunno. But we've seen it all here.

Part of the key to solving this case may rely on the last time the phone pinged, or was on, or the exact time it stopped sending a ping. If someone else's phone happened to be in the same place, at that same time, circumstantial evidence, IMO!

Please come home Hannah! I feel for all the searchers, as many probably realize what they are looking for, and it could change their lives forever. I pray they are instructed to LOOK, as well as down while searching. No reason to believe Hannah was suicidal, but one just never knows.

So many wooded areas that it's worse than a needle in a haystack. As detective said in another case, we don't even know where the haystack is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand