VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A BUNCH of blue light phones - 400+ in fact!

http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/bluephones.pdf (Map of locations at the link and also the lighted pathways)

They have security surveys, self-defense for students, all sorts of tip submission things, etc.

http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/resources.html

They have a map that's always updated with incidents online.

They have a training program on safety and preventing violence everyone is requested to participate in. http://www.virginia.edu/safercommunity/

They definitely do Safe Ride if you have a valid UVA ID.

Although:

And I thought this was really interesting - which I'd not heard of.:

Apparently they've even won some awards for their crime prevention.

TONS more out there on their website in several places, but that at least hopefully helps answer?
Catching up so apologies if already posted.
The “Hoos Got Your Back” awareness campaign involves students, faculty, staff, Corner merchants and other members of the University community. It represents one part of a multi-phase effort that has included U.Va. hosting a national conference on the issue and continued review and updating of University policy concerning sexual misconduct on the Grounds.

“Every member of our community has the responsibility to take care of one another. By raising awareness and providing education about prevention of sexual violence, we intend to promote a culture in which people are ready and willing to serve as active bystanders.

The campaign includes a partnership with merchants of the Corner, a shopping, dining and entertainment district that is popular among students. Employees of participating merchants will watch an educational video about bystander behavior or participate in a brief informational session. Merchants will also allow bystander information cards to be distributed in their shops and restaurants, and employees will wear T-shirts reflecting the campaign theme in the first months of the academic year.

The educational effort urges people to become more aware of potentially dangerous situations around them — if someone seems to be attempting to take advantage of a person who has consumed too much alcohol, for example — and shows them how to intervene effectively.
http://news.virginia.edu/content/new-effort-empowers-bystanders-help-prevent-sexual-misconduct

If you were anywhere from Barracks Road to Market/ Hessian Hills, the police want you to think. If you saw any aspect of that evening- tell what you observed, because you just may have the missing piece to their puzzle.
Does your home or business have surveillance cameras that may have captured an image of a car or people?
Did you take photos that night?
Can you recall cars where you parked or people you saw?
Talk about it, reflect and maybe discover something you don't realize yet. Could you live with yourself later when you realize you knew something? Would you want anyone else to do the same for someone you love?
No one of us is as strong as all of us.

If you have any information, no matter what it may be, please contact the dedicated HG Charlottesville tip line. (434) 295-3851.

I worry about how much LE have outed JM. It may in the end turn out to be justified, but right now I worry. What if people do what he's asking here and think back and go, Oh yeah, I did see a dread locked black man . Building a case on eye-witness testimony, after you've coached an entire city on what they are looking for. It just seems massively problematic. Like a giant leading question for an entire pool of potential witnesses, which could lead to a bunch of false reports. I also worry that Longo has put himself on the line with outing JM and now might have a hard time backing down if he's wrong. I mean couldn't he possibly be sued? He's all but begged folks to out the guy. If the guy is innocent couldn't that come back to bite Longo in the butt? My first impression of Longo was that I liked him and cheered him in his urgency and zeal for justice. But now I'm worried. I hope they have solid info backing up this strategy. It is not something I have ever seen any LE do before! JMO

LE probably has time gaps filled, but isn't there a BIG gap between her leaving the 2nd party and being seen on surveillance video? Like 45min?............but, she supposedly was texting during that time, and the texts did not indicate panic or fear......so, maybe she was at another residence for a while and something happened there and she ran away? Also, she did go out to dinner sort of late and probably DID eat, which would absorb some alcohol ingested either before or after dinner..... Anyway, the time gap is curious....... JMO

Police say they have not recovered Graham's cellphone but believe she had it with her when seen in surveillance videos. Police also say her cellphone never pinged downtown. It only pinged in the Wertland/14th/15th street area.

Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:23 AM EDT Updated: Sep 18, 2014 06:47 PM Saturday, September 20, 2014 8:34 PM EDT

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26567187...of-interest-description-in-hannah-graham-case

So maybe her phone was dropped before she made it to downtown. Maybe the text was from a stranger who found her phone....lost at 14th and wertland...meaning her phone, not hannah, was lost there. This thought has been posted before and I think it's possible this is what happened. Someone finds the phone, pulls up the last person she texted, lets them know the phone was found.

Yes, I remember LE saying this as well, which just seems crazy to me and hard to believe. JMO

I think they said it could take 30-40 days to get her phone records. I don't think they said "pings" specifically. It could be that the phone company has some sort of maximum amount of time to respond to warrants and other data requests.

Another question, Has it been officially stated as a known fact that her phone battery died prior to the the end of the night?

Are we all just assuming that it eventually died because of all of our personal experiences with recharging our phones daily, so we know that at some point the phone battery will cease functioning?

I just wonder if perhaps there is a period of time after she left the bar, that her phone was indeed operational and tracking her every movements for a period of time until the battery finally did cease.

Also, before your iphone dies, the phone will send Apple its location. Then, you have 24 hours to log in to iCloud.com and use the Find My iPhone feature to see where it was at the time of death.

This would also be really crucial information.

Not to mention the ability to track where the POI movements were that night and the days after which may incriminate him, or indicate innocence.

Adderall is a drug that is really abused. I take it, but don't drink and party on it. Don't get hyper, just can focus better. Surely the police have talked to her friends and people that were at the party. Nobody at the party I'm sure wants to make an announcement about what drugs may have been around, or what she may have taken, but if this could be a factor, maybe one kid will talk.

She has an iphone. Apple knows exactly where that phone had been until the battery died.
But it takes the proverbial Act of Congress to obtain the information from Apple.

bbm Did she have a drink at Tempo? I may have missed that. Is there a link? TIA

It was said that JLM bought drinks at Tempo.Singular not plural. Its reasonable to assume that she had at least one of them considering her already intoxicated state and the fact that she went with him to this bar.

The Daily Caller also reports the grandmother as having confirmed that he bought her a drink but insists they went their separate ways.

So maybe her phone was dropped before she made it to downtown. Maybe the text was from a stranger who found her phone....lost at 14th and wertland...meaning her phone, not hannah, was lost there. This thought has been posted before and I think it's possible this is what happened. Someone finds the phone, pulls up the last person she texted, lets them know the phone was found.

I keep falling into believing this, but then I wonder why that person has not come forward, or if he/she has, why didn't LE make mention of it?

I'll be happy to explain my reasoning. I say she was taken elsewhere because she hasn't been found yet in the vicinity of where she was that night. Even if she were placed say, in an abandoned building within the city limits, the smell of a decomposing body would be overwhelming. You had a thousand people out searching for her yesterday and they found nothing. As far as Hannah being murdered or not, I base my opinion on past cases and the law of averages. Cases where an abductee was held for a week or longer after being abducted are EXTREMELY rare. As far as the sex assaults, my comment was in response to the attempted LINKAGE of Hannah's disappearance to the two sex assaults. Regarding the rapist, it is my opinion that if he had time to beat and rape in place, then he had time to abduct as well. He did not abduct. These were blitz attacks where the victims were left in place and easily found. Not so with Hannah.

Since we don't know where she is or where she was after Tempo's how is it obvious that she was taken "elsewhere" -- wouldn't saying she was taken elsewhere first require knowing the "where" before "elsewhere"? Also, it does not seem to me that we know if she was murdered or not or whether, if one person is responsible for the activity over near Hannah's apartment, the violence was escalating or deescalating. All we know is that we have two people who were found unconscious and injured. One of the victims was badly beaten. Both were found. If they hadn't been found, who knows what would have happened.

Also, before your iphone dies, the phone will send Apple its location. Then, you have 24 hours to log in to iCloud.com and use the Find My iPhone feature to see where it was.

IF one has this function/option installed/activated (I think - tinfoil hat wearing iPhone user here, with very tight privacy settings; off to check).

Okay, I checked: iCloud connection has to be manually activated beforehand for this to work, or Find my iphone app installed. (i.e., neither are automatic features) HTH

Just a quick shout out to the mods....great job! Your work is appreciated and I know you've been kept on your toes as of late. Thank you!!

Did I dream it or did someone post a pic of the parking garage that showed security cameras (not footage but that showed the actual cameras). Maybe LE has footage of POI and HG getting into the car. Or entering garage and his car leaving (and no other cars leaving and no sign of her in garage).

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is a school staff directory listing him as "assistant varsity football coach". http://www.covenantschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Staff-Directory-1.pdf

Could have been someone under the bridge that was sketchy. People of ill intent usually stay away from the light.

Maybe she had to pee and was afraid to go in public. That may have been what she asked the bouncer at McGradys, if she could use the restroom.

Did I dream it or did someone post a pic of the parking garage that showed security cameras (not footage but that showed the actual cameras). Maybe LE has footage of POI and HG getting into the car. Or entering garage and his car leaving (and no other cars leaving and no sign of her in garage).

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is a school staff directory listing him as "assistant varsity football coach". http://www.covenantschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Staff-Directory-1.pdf

Yep. That's him. A mother of one of the kids on the team who is a member here posted last night that she couldn't believe she'd been actively involved in this discussion for the last five days and didn't realize that Dreadlock Guy was him. She said he's nice.

ETA: Seems like a LOT of people know this guy. He must be really friendly and extraverted.

So what if she lost her phone around 14th & Wertland before heading downtown? The could give reason to why she didnt call or text anyone during her lost trip to the DTM. Maybe another student picked it up and saw the message asking "where are you" and sarcastically said "Lost near 14th & Wertland" referring to the phone.

Yep. That's him. A mother of one of the kids on the team who is a member here posted last night that she couldn't believe she'd been actively involved in this discussion for the last five days and didn't realize that Dreadlock Guy was him. She said he's nice.

ETA: Seems like a LOT of people know this guy. He must be really friendly and extraverted.

did she ever get back on after asking her son if he was at practice on Sunday?

No, you did not dream it. Someone (who may have been a local, but I'm not positive about that) also posted that dogs had followed her scent and it ended at the parking garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand