VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo but posting rumor-type items, like he used his orange car as a cab, maybe to assault women, etc is not helpful...I don't think we know this for a fact? Is there a link?

The poster who knows JM did post again late last night that her son could not recall if JM was at practice Sat. am :( which is a shame as that would be so good to know. Might even narrow down how far he could have gone and back, if he did drive her someplace.

As far as hiding bodies...in fact I am more amazed when victims are found then not. They are millions of places with all of the fields, wooded areas, lakes, rivers, ditches, etc...no one has to be smart, just a bit lucky. If no one happens to look at the exact spot where a body is placed, it is a good enough spot. Jmo

Looking at the map posted by Otto (Thx), What stands out to me is that she travelled about 9 blocks in 11 minutes from Shell to.Mall on streets, not as the crow flies, but that it takes a full 2 minutes to go from Sals to jewelry store which appear to be within shouting distance. Maybe she stopped for a break in the mall area, or when she got chatted up by JM. Am I seeing this right?

Here is the map.

From this information I've read, she was heading to a second party, made a wrong turn, got mixed up about Preston and Main, ended up at the mall, told friends that she was lost, asked someone to come and get her, then she met JM, and that's pretty much where the trail ends.

she left McGrady's the same way she came. so she took a wrong turn after that. she would have had to double back again and NOT pass Mc Grady's or she would have been on their video again later. then she kept walking 1.5 miles very fast. it's not making sense. she was not looking at street signs, walking slowly to identify where she was, checking her phone for an address or map.

I've spent better part of an hour looking for something I swear I remember hearing. So I will just say it as my opinion, with no link. I remember early on LE saying it would take weeks to get the phone pings. Which is also in line with other cases I have followed. So I wanted to throw this out there before we, as a group, interpret things based on thinking that they already looked at her phone pings and knew where she was.
But, obviously I could be wrong.
I recall seeing that too, but can't remember where.

In looking through Hannah's tweets (@hegraham25), she posts several screenshots of her phone. From those, it looks like Tmobile was the provider for her cell phone. However, she also had a twitter convo with Verizon's customer service.

Jmo but posting rumor-type items, like he used his orange car as a cab, maybe to assault women, etc is not helpful...I don't think we know this for a fact? Is there a link?

The poster who knows JM did post again late last night that her son could not recall if JM was at practice Sat. am :( which is a shame as that would be so good to know. Might even narrow down how far he could have gone and back, if he did drive her someplace.

As far as hiding bodies...in fact I am more amazed when victims are found then not. They are millions of places with all of the fields, wooded areas, lakes, rivers, ditches, etc...no one has to be smart, just a bit lucky. If no one happens to look at the exact spot where a body is placed, it is a good enough spot. Jmo

I am wondering about the descriptions by the other assault victims of whomever assaulted them from that weekend.

Are we allowed to post here Facebook posts by LJM's friends if they're publicly available?
No, only suspects, victims, LE, and MSM. Group pages are often allowed, as well, but must be mod-approved. That includes "missing" and "justice for" pages.

Thanks for asking. For future reference, questions about TOS should be addressed in a pm to a mod. ;)

ETA: It is also a TOS violation to copy and paste or to post screenshots from FB. Paraphrase, and ALWAYS include a LINK.

That's possible, but those records would come from the service provider. The issue boils down to which records are sought, i.e., location, usage, or data. Procedures and turnaround time can vary for each.

JMO

Apple actually stores wifi router information as well. It does this so apps can provide you with information in regards to what is in your vicinity. If, you are walking down a street, and your phone's wifi is on, it is logging all those attempts, and in some cases due to the frequency of visits to a business it may log in. Think about how your phone acts when you try to use your data at starbucks or panera or mcdonalds. You go to use your phone, and instead of it doing what you want it to do, there is a page there for you to log into their wifi instead.

Weird, surreal moment: NPR's A Splendid Table is having a "Road Food" segment that mentions the wonderful fried chicken in the gas stations in Charlottesville, and specifically mentions the Preston Shell. How bizarre.

If you have a tip, please, please don't post it here. Call the tipline: 434-295-3851. Chief Longo really stressed at the volunteer briefing that this is the only appropriate way to report tips. If you post here, the police may not see it, but the perp could. The investigators surely aren't disclosing some info deliberately, and what you saw or know may become part of that info.

Also, Longo insinuated at the press conference that they went back to the video and saw JM following Hannah because of people like us who saw that and called it in. Don't assume the police know something already.

It drives me crazy when I see people post tips on Facebook or here like they think LE will see it. Maybe LE does have someone reading all those comments, but I'm sure they're overwhelmed.

Yes, great map. Thanks Otto.

It has to be tweaked in a couple of places (a marker moved a half block or so), and the 1:20 time is not an actual location, but the location where Hannah claimed to be.

Maybe she didn't turn back once at Shell if she realized her mistake, because going back under the bridge area is scary, and the Mall area was more people-y.

I've been told in no uncertain terms that it's nothing like a dead cow or deer, both of which I've smelled numerous times.

Sarx, are you still around? Can you give us the lowdown yet again? You must be getting tired of explaining this to us naive folk...

Thx. I Googled it. I always forget I can Google anything. :)

Does anyone know what the temperature was that night? Not that it is an extreme detail, but I think from many of the videos she was walking with her hands at her sides- I think that could speak to her still being extremely intoxicated. With these fall nights and her outfit and build (thin, not a lot of body fat) you may expect a sober or sobering up person to be chilly and holding themselves with there arms or even arms crossed.

I agreeing don't think she was drugged but something but indefinitely think she was pretty impaired.

That night was around 70ish. It was a warm sunny day(upper 70s?) with a cold front moving in so it cloudy in the evening but it didn't rain. There were small passing showers the next day which was cooler and it all cleared out that afternoon. It's been sunny and pleasant ever since. I remember very clearly b/c I wear a suit for work and on Friday remember thinking it was too hot (and I was sweating) and the next day was my daughter's birthday party and I set up an outdoor theater and remember setting it up in cool but gross humidity with the threat of rain.

Thanks Otto! To my point, 59 is definitely cold for a person to wrap their arms around themselves and Hannah appears not to be doing that. Another thought it perhaps JM asked if she was cold and put his arms around her- suggested tempo as a spot to warm up before he took her towards her party? Might be a reason why she'd agree to do it even not knowing the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove