VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? How is that possible? I'm being serious, not snarky. I really want to know how that is possible. LE was able to spot Hannah across the mall, walking very fast ... I had to squint with my eyes on the screen to see that it was her. But the POI was right there in our faces. He was clear.

Sure, it was clear he was a person. But there really wasn't much to distinguish him...and people usually aren't expecting to know someone in a situation like that. Ever have that feeling you should know someone, but it isn't clicking because they aren't in the usual setting you see them in?

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218432485507705111767.00048d1fc49171e3a3649&dg=feature

I don't know if this link will work correctly or not.. sorry :/

It seems to be roughly a little less than a mile as the crow flies from Tempo to the River. Walking on streets (there are several different paths that could take you toward the river) seems to be roughly a mile and a quarter?

ETA: My dang link didn't work. I don't know how to make Google Maps show up with the information I input still retained.

I'm really amazed that other people don't know as many people as I do that don't keep up with the news. Some people literally just have no interest in it. Even if it is on in the room they are in, they will tune it out.

Indeed. There were tons of people around here who didn't know about Jessica Ridgeway.

(I'm actually like that with non-missing persons news haha---)

In the clearer photo of the front of the car there appears to be something going on with the glass on the passenger side of the car. It's where the glass meets the door and looks damaged or dirtied.

I thought it was maybe a reflection from the side view mirror because you can't see it in the side shots, but the side shots are blurred, perhaps intentionally like the license plate.

Does anyone else see this?

I think what impressed me more than anything was one of our own here on WS that knows him. She had watched the video several times and did not have a clue it was him until his name was released.

This happens when you would never in your wildest dreams associate someone you knew with something this horrible. There is a disconnect. Nurses that knew him posted on here and they didn't have that impression either. I just hope that JM. Can help locate Hannah and if not guilty, get his life back.

If JM worked as a "transporter/orderly" in a hospital setting, I imagine that most scheduled surgeries occur during 6am-5ish. Does JM have a college degree? Does VA high school athletics association allow a non degreed person to coach or assist.

Good points...

However... There is another way to look at it...

LE probably assumed JM had seen himself on the released videos... And at least knew he had been talking with a girl that has gone missing...

Yet... He did not choose to come forward...

LE felt he had the chance to come talk to LE as WG had done.... But did not...

so... They decided to go to his apartment in a "surprise""fashion in hopes of finding HG (hopefully alive) before she was taken elsewhere....

LE may have taken his silence as a less than cooperative stance... And took the chance of surprising (and thus making him panic) as the focus was on FINDING HANNAH....

Just some thoughts...

Absolutely. I am in no way saying LE was wrong to get warrants, or even that they were wrong to focus on him. I'm not saying they didn't have reason to believe. Sometimes people can blow it without meaning to. I do find their behavior after all this to be very, very strange though.

If JM worked as a "transporter/orderly" in a hospital setting, I imagine that most scheduled surgeries occur during 6am-5ish. Does JM have a college degree? Does VA high school athletics association allow a non degreed person to coach or assist.

He went to liberty university. He played football there. Unsure if he got an official degree.

I had two friends today who had no idea Hannah is missing until I told them. Granted we are 2.5 hours from Charlottesville, but Hannah is from here and it's been all over the news. One friend just isn't someone who keeps up with the news on a regular basis. POI could be one of those people, too.
They just ran a short piece on Hannah on my local news and I'm in Florida.

I believe someone else on WS stated that he went to Christopher Newport University around 2000. He was on the football team there. But no you do not have to have a degree to be a coach or an assistant, just experience and knowledge of the sport.

I think if the police would have gone to his house at a normal time of day (instead of 5:45am in the morning AFTER they had taken his car), he would have spoken. If 1-2 officers would have knocked on his door at 4pm, after he was home from work relaxing and said "we saw some video of you and a missing girl", I think he would have cooperated.

If police barge into my house at 5:45am, after taking may car . . . . and now I have to call work and say I can't come in, I don't think I would be very cooperative. Especially, once the police say they have a search warrant and I have to leave my house. I would be scared beyond belief (even if I were innocent) . . . . .<modsnip>. ( I am really a middle-aged white woman, who knows Coach Matthew).

Possibly...

but... Possibly he sleeps,during the day and works nights (OR room at the hospital)... Perhaps they knew he had just gotten off work at the time of the visit?

Just thinkin'......:waitasec:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218432485507705111767.00048d1fc49171e3a3649&dg=feature

I don't know if this link will work correctly or not.. sorry :/

It seems to be roughly a little less than a mile as the crow flies from Tempo to the River. Walking on streets (there are several different paths that could take you toward the river) seems to be roughly a mile and a quarter?

ETA: My dang link didn't work. I don't know how to make Google Maps show up with the information I input still retained.

That river is hardy 4-5ft deep in most places, maybe a few 20x20 sections that go around 10ft?, I've floated that section many times.

It's moving so fast, I have no idea if this was answered. Forgive me if it has been.

I am a legal resident of the USA, I'm a Legal Alien, as is my daughter. We have had to go to the DHS building and have had our fingerprints, palmprints, photos and handwriting samples taken. I have a Green Card, as does my daughter, but my son was born here and is automatically a US Citizen. It can be...difficult...going through airport security, especially when my son was too young to go by himself. Trust me. Every.single.aspect. of my life, my daughter's life, and Hannah's and her family's life, is 100% documented by Homeland Security. They do not mess about. If Hannah's fingerprints were found anywhere, they would on it. She, and her family, are on file. If the FBI is involved, they have every single detail of this family available asap.

This is not an assumption. My family is in the exact same position as Hannah's. They have EVERYTHING. They probably know more about my family history than I do. It is a very long, hard, complicated, and intrusive process to get a visa, after 9/11,

Thank you, this is exactly what I was hoping to determine. I tried googling it and was too tired to read through it.

jmo

Looking at his records and info (including condition of his car), I don't think JM could very well afford to buy strangers drinks.

He had garnishments from unpaid bills. To those that are saying questioning will ruin his life, he has already been convicted of at least one misdemeanor, so he has to acknowledge that on all job apps that ask, have you ever been convicted of a crime? The one I looked up was Trespassing After being warned.

He has been charged with a (non-violent) Felony. He is familiar with criminal defense attorneys.

The alcoholic drinks he was buying for young girl may be more telling...

What? How is that possible? I'm being serious, not snarky. I really want to know how that is possible. LE was able to spot Hannah across the mall, walking very fast ... I had to squint with my eyes on the screen to see that it was her. But the POI was right there in our faces. He was clear.
IMO Hannah was easily identifiable due to her unique top that was captured so well in the first video that was released, along with her height. I don't think anyone could have identified someone by their face on those grainy videos, and seeing someone completely out of context doesn't help matters either.

If you are paying close attention to my posts, you will see that I am on the fence. I am not committed to a side. But I will point out when there are other possibilities where others are speaking in absolutes. The only absolute here is that he was the last one seen with her in a public place.

I have seen you say that you are on the fence, however you have yet to suggest he may be guilty of kidnapping or killing her, which statistically is the most likely outcome and statistically, he is the perp. Am I open to the idea that this isn't the case? Of course! But I am struggling to understand why you are spending so much energy on defending him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove